Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Oh god - is going to be Wassall isn't it?

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

wassail it is.....

I have no problem with that. I would also have no problem with Big Dave.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Loyalty is something that only goes so far when opportunity is strong"

I like what he said about loyalty - And think it's a fair point - As fans we often forget that whilst it's a passion for us it's mostly a job for footballers/managers - Very few of them get the chance to play for/manage their boyhood clubs so won't have as much passion as we do for it

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Q: "[Stadium buy] Was that naughty?"

MM: "There simply isn't enough revenue to sustain a competitive club..."

He's going to add more to this after the break, so I'll quote this post and add the rest.

MM: "The starting point for this is: do you want to own a football club and just be mid-table or compete? Because there's a massive difference in expenditure. Money talks. Last year was an exceptional year, credit to Norwich and Sheff Utd. It is a rarity, though. Costs of running a football club are entirely proportionate to the aspirations. 9 clubs (this season) in the Championship will have parachute payments."

Speaks volumes, and have to say, Mel being brutally honest..... lower your expectations, and more importantly, a manager who will continue the style of play.

Enter Darren Wassall.

I like this Mel so much more

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Speaks volumes, and have to say, Mel being brutally honest..... lower your expectations, and more importantly, a manager who will continue the style of play.

Enter Darren Wassall.

I like this Mel so much more

Wont be Wassall. "must have good relationship with the fans"

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rules out Hughton?

I would say the complete opposite actually. Brings Hughton into the running. His championship teams weren't really defensive hoof it teams, but he was forced into defensive football to survive in the prem.

Archived