Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

For what it's worth, what Mel has said so far has made me think that the man we bring in to replace Lamapard will be someone none of us have thought of yet.

Who ticks all these boxes?

Style of play - 

Use of academy - 

Connection with fans - 

Nobody we have named so far has a record of all these things, I don't think.

Perhaps Stendel, but he plays 4-2-3-1 pressing football. 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Whitefield said:

Wont be Wassall. "must have good relationship with the fans"

Then that says a hell of a lot about our “loyalty” and when we band that word about 

I wouldn’t mind one bit if Wassall gets it, but a section of supporters seem to have it in for him already.  It would only take a few bad results and the knives would come out.  I’m not sure if he’d want to put himself through that.

If FFP is to be replaced, what should it be replaced by?

MM: "You've got to separate out of club accounting. Take examples of ownership of multiple clubs - can we really be sure that transfers between clubs are the true market value?"

SJ: "Should player value be looked at?"

MM: " I think that would be a really interesting model. That and the wage bills. I'd like to look at things that stop inflationary values. In the Championship, we are the worst in Europe for wage bills to revenue. Until we get better redistribution of funding from the PL, that will always be the case."

Just now, Edtheram said:

Little prod at Forest by Mel?

In regards to FFP "An owner who owns 2 clubs, selling players between the two. how can we know that the buying club payed the correct value for the player?"

More likely a dig at Wolves.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I would say the complete opposite actually. Brings Hughton into the running. His championship teams weren't really defensive hoof it teams, but he was forced into defensive football to survive in the prem.

MM: "Most supports hate the defensive style of play you get forced into in the Premier League"

So he's 'perfect' to get us up, but then we toss him to one side to get someone else in? Not going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

For what it's worth, what Mel has said so far has made me think that the man we bring in to replace Lamapard will be someone none of us have thought of yet.

Style of play - 

Use of academy - 

Connection with fans - 

Nobody we have named so far has a record of all these things, I don't think.

Perhaps Stendel, but he plays 4-2-3-1 pressing football. 

it's Dennis Bergkamp isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Then that says a hell of a lot about our “loyalty” and when we band that word about 

says more about Wassall with the fact that we had to get Harry Redknapp in to hold his hand last time....

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he could after Chelsea too! Lampard is going to look a better catch as an ex-Chelsea manager than as an ex-Derby manager. Get real Mel.

Disagree with that. Look at Shearer, Henri, Neville. If Chelsea sack Frank in December when they're near the bottom of the league, it's over for him.

Just now, Whitefield said:

says more about Wassall with the fact that we had to get Harry Redknapp in to hold his hand last time....

Disagree, says a lot about our fans after that Rotherham game..... because that’s all it is about really, 1 football game where we exploded. Every manager has had some shockers. I think it’s just fans expectations as always.

Think Mel alluded to this in his interview for me. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

More likely a dig at Wolves.

Thats not really what Wolves did though. Its what Forest and Watford are doing though.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

MM: "Most supports hate the defensive style of play you get forced into in the Premier League"

So he's 'perfect' to get us up, but then we toss him to one side to get someone else in? Not going to happen.

What? First of all we sack managers all the time - don't see why this would be any different. And secondly tossing him aside when we get to the Prem isn't what I or Mel said. He said most fans hate the defensive style you get forced to in the Prem, which is what happened with Hughton and basically every team outside the top 6. It is necessary for your team to adapt to the circumstances they find themselves in, but the fans will hate it even if it is the only way to survive.

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Style of play - 

Use of academy - 

Connection with fans - 

Like it or not, I think that MM would consider that Darren Moore ticks all of these boxes.

I predict Moore with Jonno as Assistant.

Archived