John Terry targeted to replace Lampard

Gringo

Jesus what is it with our club being used as a stepping stone ! If they show a modecome of success they are targeted by the press who dangle carrots ! We have premier league facilities, we have a great fan base, a great owner, we are crying out for somebody to show us some loyalty and belief and invest themselves into our club and they will be repaid ! Stop using us like twits!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Jesus what is it with our club being used as a stepping stone ! If they show a modecome of success they are targeted by the press who dangle carrots ! We have premier league facilities, we have a great fan base, a great owner, we are crying out for somebody to show us some loyalty and belief and invest themselves into our club and they will be repaid ! Stop using us like twits!

The nature of the beast. We are second tier. Even Leicester, a club similar to us, are. I see Madison is expected to go for big money.. the top six clubs will have their way. Their two biggest stars, Kante and Mahrez wasted no time in jumping ship even after winning the title. Or should I say, especially after winning the title. 

We are just here to be cherry picked sadly. 

No thanks. As soon as they sack Lampard at Chelsea they will come calling for him if does well. Maybe go for Gerrard or Arteta so we can get the pick of players from City or Liverpool instead. Hopefully Klopp and Pep give it a couple of season before moving on so we can keep them for a couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

No thanks. As soon as they sack Lampard at Chelsea they will come calling for him if does well. Maybe go for Gerrard or Arteta so we can get the pick of players from City or Liverpool instead. Hopefully Klopp and Pep give it a couple of season before moving on so we can keep them for a couple of seasons.

Why would Gerrard come here, he’s got cash to spend and a better squad at his disposal. Arteta works with Pep at one of the best clubs in world football. 

Neither are gonna happen even IF (and it remains a big IF!!!) FL takes or us even offered the Chelsea job in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Why would Gerrard come here, he’s got cash to spend and a better squad at his disposal. Arteta works with Pep at one of the best clubs in world football. 

Neither are gonna happen even IF (and it remains a big IF!!!) FL takes or us even offered the Chelsea job in the first place. 

In that case why would Terry leave a Prem club for here. I dont agree that Gerrard has a better squad and nor do I agree he has more to spend at Rangers - the Scottish league is a joke with everyone other than Celtic in their own mini league. He might be a bit more loyal than Frank though to the club that gave him his first opportunity, so not an issue if he wouldnt want to come. If Arteta thinks he's going to walk into a Prem job at his first opportunity then good for him - plenty of others to choose from.

Regardless of whether Frank leaves this week I am already looking forward to seeing who his replacement is.

Not for me. This summer is massive for us and we need to build a spine to the team. Loaning players with a managers connections are one thing, but they have to complement what you already have got. We are at the point we're we have a decent set of stickers and full backs and that is it. 

If Lampard is to go add in two loans into the compensation package and hire Chris Hughton. He will build a squad that will have us challengeing. 

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I dont agree that Gerrard has a better squad and nor do I agree he has more to spend at Rangers - the Scottish league is a joke with everyone other than Celtic in their own mini league. He might be a bit more loyal than Frank though to the club that gave him his first opportunity, so not an issue if he wouldnt want to come.

Tbf, the situation you paint is a tad different.  If it were Liverpool calling him, he'd been off like a shot.  That's the potential scenario with Frank and CFC. Good luck to him if he can't resist the lure.   Football is a professional job to most managers.  Frank has no sentimental attachment to DCFC, aside from the last 12 months.  Yes, I'm sure he appreciates the adoration of the fans and loves working with the squad, but ultimately, if he's given the chance to manage a club he has a massive 13 year sentimental attachment to, why wouldn't he?  I'm sure most of us would in his shoes.

59 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Terry and is assistant could be Ashley Cole 

And frank can send us a couple of gems!!!

I can only assume you're joking.

why not go the whole hog and officially affiliate ourselves to Chelsea and become their junior/feeder/development club?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I can only assume you're joking.

why not go the whole hog and officially affiliate ourselves to Chelsea and become their junior/feeder/development club?

May as well, already had Clement & Lampard. Can have Poyet when Terry leaves then eventually we can work our way to Mourinho

2 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Hope not , can’t stand him

Look on the bright side. At least the club shop would get to sell one more 1946 replica FA Cup Final shirt and somebody would get some Photoshop work.

24 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Tbf, the situation you paint is a tad different.  If it were Liverpool calling him, he'd been off like a shot.  That's the potential scenario with Frank and CFC. Good luck to him if he can't resist the lure.   Football is a professional job to most managers.  Frank has no sentimental attachment to DCFC, aside from the last 12 months.  Yes, I'm sure he appreciates the adoration of the fans and loves working with the squad, but ultimately, if he's given the chance to manage a club he has a massive 13 year sentimental attachment to, why wouldn't he?  I'm sure most of us would in his shoes.

The situation i wrote is the same regardless of what club came in for Gerrard. I said he MIGHT be more loyal if someone came in for him after 1 season. I didnt say he definitely would and i dont know his character well enough to know what he would do. I said i woildnt have a problem with it if he did decide to stay loyal to rangers.

In any case thats why i said i hoped klopp and pep wouldnt leave for a couple of seasons to stop the likes of Gerrard jumping ship immediately. If someone gave me a chance in my dream career i wouldnt immediately jump ship regardless of who else was offering me a new job after only 1 year. I am however well aware that most people are not the same and wouldnt even look back as they waltzed into the sunset hand in hand with their new employer. As i have said before i am already looking forward to seeing who replaces Frank.

Archived