The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think they could have made a mistake here.  Fancied O'Neill to do well with them this coming season .  Obviously haven't watched them much, but they seemed to be fairly solid at the back and results seemed reasonable tail end of the season . 

We lost 4 straight, then beat a dire Middlesborough, on the beach QPR, and squeezed past Bolton who might be one of the worst teams I've ever seen in the championship.  

The football under O'Neill was pretty shocking. Although its clear losing the dressing room was the key reason he got sacked.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/28/nottingham-forest-sack-martin-oneill-after-just-five-months-in-charge

Player power.. 

On 26/06/2019 at 00:01, Ambitious said:

Worth noting that Forest signed a similar joke in Joe Lolley and he's turned out alright for them. 

Before Forest, Lolley's best season was 4 goals in 30+ games - the same as Ameobi - so put your money on a season of double figures. 

Joe Lolley was clearly better than Ameobi before he joined Forest. It’s not all about goals and assists. 

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

Is Football Index that thing that keeps popping up on Facebook trying to get people to 'buy' players and sell like on a stock market?...very strange

Yes. It’s actually legit and there is money to be made on it.

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

So, did Keane jump before he had to walk the plank?

Hopefully had no idea and left a couple of days too early to get a pay off.

Pretty much everything that's wrong with football in one sacking.

Players that aren't up to the limited demands placed on them running, or probably catching an Uber, to the owner, (who's also got no idea and is a fool), because the dinosaur in charge has made us do a couple of days running around Wollaton Park to start pre season, we haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Boo hoo you massive Jeb-Ends, add it to Martin's charge sheet, which includes asking players to do what they're told and turn up on time, FFS.

Dinosaur or not, O'Neill has achieved heights as both a player and a manager that these nobheads can only dream of, and should be afforded the respect due.

I know it's Forest, and therefore quite funny, but I'd be utterly ashamed if Derby ever acted in such a way towards one of our own.

No respect, no class and no sense, just another dubious owner taking ownership of a community asset and pissing all over the people who make a club what it is, and what it was.

I sometimes feel I can't wait for football to self implode, so we can start again and make it what it should be, not this grotesque version it's become.

Rant over!

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

We lost 4 straight, then beat a dire Middlesborough, on the beach QPR, and squeezed past Bolton who might be one of the worst teams I've ever seen in the championship.  

Can't have been that bad, you did go and buy Ameobi off them.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Pretty much everything that's wrong with football in one sacking.

Players that aren't up to the limited demands placed on them running, or probably catching an Uber, to the owner, (who's also got no idea and is a fool), because the dinosaur in charge has made us do a couple of days running around Wollaton Park to start pre season, we haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Boo hoo you massive Jeb-Ends, add it to Martin's charge sheet, which includes asking players to do what they're told and turn up on time, FFS.

Dinosaur or not, O'Neill has achieved heights as both a player and a manager that these nobheads can only dream of, and should be afforded the respect due.

I know it's Forest, and therefore quite funny, but I'd be utterly ashamed if Derby ever acted in such a way towards one of our own.

No respect, no class and no sense, just another dubious owner taking ownership of a community asset and pissing all over the people who make a club what it is, and what it was.

I sometimes feel I can't wait for football to self implode, so we can start again and make it what it should be, not this grotesque version it's become.

Rant over!

Lot of sense in that post - though I do think he never should have been appointed. He's a bit of a fossil as a manager now, was great back in the day but the game has moved beyond him - for many of the reasons you highlight above.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"Martin, I've heard that the forest players are revolting"

"They sure are, they sure are"

"no about you. Now, have I shown you my cab calloway impression? Let me tell you a story about, Sabri Lamouchi"

Ho de ho de ho.

Quote from HITC: "The jury will remain out for the time being but don’t expect Forest fans to take Lamouchi to their hearts right away. He may bring success but it could come at the cost of entertainment."

Did they watch Forest last year (or the year before that or the year before that or the year before that and so on)? Didnt exactly set the league alight - soundslike it could be grim watching for them next year. 

Archived