Season Ticket Refund

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not relying on it, indeed I have already pledged such a refund to H4H, should it ever materialise, but if it doesn't come when we finally go up, I'd love to see that video again, as it convinced me (and others) that it was an eternal promise!

That's a nice idea - I shall do the same - Are their any charities which Uncle Mel particularly supports?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

That's a nice idea - I shall do the same - Are their any charities which Uncle Mel particularly supports?

45 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Not sure about Mel, but if I get a refund I'll be donating it to little Audrina. 

To you and anyone else considering this plan of action. Bravo chaps. Super, super classy IMO and just another reason to be proud of the club and my fellow Rams. 

EDIT - Sorry @Mucker1884 meant to quote you too fella ?

4 hours ago, Archied said:

What cost to the club for that? 10 mill? People saying it’s a drop in the ocean but it’s not to be sniffed at and could certainly fund a half decent player 

I’m sure we’d all be happy with letting that season ticket refund go if we signed tomori mount or Wilson 

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Based on your reply, I’m assuming you’ve misunderstood what I’m trying to say. In previous years, Mel offered to refund the price of our renewed season tickets (if bought before a certain period) if we went up. We could keep the season ticket, essentially getting it for free. This was because the riches of the Premier League render season ticket sales insignificant.

If you did understand what I was trying to say, then it’s because it will save me £250!

wtf? why would we get a ST for free? surely that wont happen, dont expect that too. If anything I expected him to ask us to pay more, because we would be in the prem?

7 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

wtf? why would we get a ST for free? surely that wont happen, dont expect that too. If anything I expected him to ask us to pay more, because we would be in the prem?

Not expecting it this season as nothing has been said, but that promise has been made for about the last three seasons. I think it was partly to encourage people to renew before the early-bird deadline. The lost ticket revenue would be dwarfed by the Premier League riches if we went up.

8 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

The offer was made a few years ago, aimed specifically at the early birds... "Renew before end of March, when we have no idea whether we will get promotion or not and if we do, you can all have a full refund, as a thank you for your loyalty" type thing.

Anyone renewing later were out of the equation.

Nobody is certain whether the offer still stands, but if it does, I suspect it will only be those that renewed in the early bird period.

Of course, He could quite possibly double all prices the following year, but hey, why look for negatives that may not even be there!

14 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Why would we pay more for four less games? 

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

play vs better teams vs best players in the world?

Balls to that, I can see them on telly. 

I go to Pride Park to watch Derby, couldn't give a toss about watching the opposition.

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@dcfcfan1, here's the pledge he made in previous seasons:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

And as to your point about the Premier League, I couldn't give a duck who we're playing against. I go to watch my team!

I didnt have  ST last season but got an 18/19 one before March, would I get a refund?

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@dcfcfan1, here's the pledge he made in previous seasons:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

And as to your point about the Premier League, I couldn't give a duck who we're playing against. I go to watch my team!

That's a misquote on what he actually said. 

You need to watch the full Silk Mill video back to hear his words in context.

I'm not fussed either way, but I think the pay it forward idea is great, I'll go for the Derby County Community Trust as my charity should it happen.

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I didnt have  ST last season but got an 18/19 one before March, would I get a refund?

As I say, I don't think the offer is applying this year as nothing has been said. You might get lucky though if he's feeling particularly generous after a Wembley victory.

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

They have one of these threads on the Forest forum every year. 

That’s because most Florist fans don’t need to go after September, because they have already seen the title won.

Archived