Season Ticket Refund

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m assuming that the offer of a season ticket refund if we get promoted doesn’t apply this season? I’ve heard nothing mentioned.

Then again, it wouldn’t surprise me if Mel offered it if we win on Monday anyway.

Sorry you made a typo there you put if instead of when ? 

There was talk of this a few months ago, and also a little mention of it a week or so ago.

Many are saying that it was a one season offer and/or it no longer stands.  However, someone on here unearthed a video of a previous fans forum, where the wording of Mel's comments made it appear that the offer will stand until such time as promotion is gained.

I'm not relying on it, indeed I have already pledged such a refund to H4H, should it ever materialise, but if it doesn't come when we finally go up, I'd love to see that video again, as it convinced me (and others) that it was an eternal promise!

21 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Why would you want a refund if we go up ?

Based on your reply, I’m assuming you’ve misunderstood what I’m trying to say. In previous years, Mel offered to refund the price of our renewed season tickets (if bought before a certain period) if we went up. We could keep the season ticket, essentially getting it for free. This was because the riches of the Premier League render season ticket sales insignificant.

If you did understand what I was trying to say, then it’s because it will save me £250!

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Would be nice for those who a season ticket for the past 5 years or more ( 30 odd plus for me ) 

Might be nice but no real justification. Then you'd start to get into a debate about why five years. 

I'm not relying on or expecting a refund. 

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

What cost to the club for that? 10 mill? People saying it’s a drop in the ocean but it’s not to be sniffed at and could certainly fund a half decent player 

The figure Mel quoted himself at the time was around £4-£5 million. Promotion this season is now worth at least £170 million, regardless of other revenue. 

45 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m assuming that the offer of a season ticket refund if we get promoted doesn’t apply this season? I’ve heard nothing mentioned.

Then again, it wouldn’t surprise me if Mel offered it if we win on Monday anyway.

No cash refund but you can have Ikechi Anya.

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to issue refunds though 

Mel would just take the cash out, then lob it from the posh seats after the final whistle on Monday!

#seasonticketholdersonlyallowedonthepitch 

Archived