19/20 New Kits Thread

AshfieldRam

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsponsored shirts just look like training tops to me, I know the retro lovers will disagree but I’ve only ever known shirts with sponsors on and seeing them without looks very bare.

I know this still has a sleeve sponsor, but the chest part being blank just doesn’t sit right, even if it would be an improvement for clubs like Ipswich with horrific sponsors.

@Shang That all white West Ham looks amazing. I would love something like that for us - shirt looks great - its been a long time since i've liked one of our shirts enough to buy one, but that would definitely be in with a chance if we get it. When you say they are offering unsponsored versions is that just for West Ham? Or is Umbro doing it in general for all their kits?

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

@Shang That all white West Ham looks amazing. I would love something like that for us - shirt looks great - its been a long time since i've liked one of our shirts enough to buy one, but that would definitely be in with a chance if we get it. When you say they are offering unsponsored versions is that just for West Ham? Or is Umbro doing it in general for all their kits?

Not sure, I think it has something to do with the government trying to crack down on betting advertising in football. West Ham may be trying to offer an option to be more socially responsible as a club.

Also new Hearts kit which would probably be the kind of kit we'd receive...

D75OYDKXYAEScJU.jpg

1 hour ago, Shang said:

Not sure, I think it has something to do with the government trying to crack down on betting advertising in football. West Ham may be trying to offer an option to be more socially responsible as a club.

Also new Hearts kit which would probably be the kind of kit we'd receive...

I had a look around on their website and the unsponsored version is labelled as u18s kit. Since betting companies arent allowed to sponsor youth teams it seems West Ham are getting round the sponsor by offering youth shirts in adult sizes.

6 hours ago, GenBr said:

I had a look around on their website and the unsponsored version is labelled as u18s kit. Since betting companies arent allowed to sponsor youth teams it seems West Ham are getting round the sponsor by offering youth shirts in adult sizes.

Have you seen the size of some 18 year olds?

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, MK said:

I like the no sponsor version. I'd love us to offer an option next year of our shirt without 32Red on it

image.thumb.png.673d2802c33b31d9cd559fbff900f1aa.png

Im surprised it doesn't say sponsored by the British tax payer

On 31/05/2019 at 12:11, David said:

Unsponsored shirts just look like training tops to me, I know the retro lovers will disagree but I’ve only ever known shirts with sponsors on and seeing them without looks very bare.

I know this still has a sleeve sponsor, but the chest part being blank just doesn’t sit right, even if it would be an improvement for clubs like Ipswich with horrific sponsors.

The other way around for me... I haven't liked (and haven't bought) a sponsored shirts for years.  Not sure if that's the kit I didn't like (enough), or specifically the sponsor (logo), (or the fact they are all slim-fit athlete designs nowadays!  LOL!) but it's certainly affected my judgement (and purchases!). 

I have numerous training tops from the past few years, (which are great for summer cycling) and a fair number of the smarter polo shirts with just a discreet Ram or DCFC logo, but all my kit tops are from a while back.  I have the likes of Derbyshire/Pedigree etc, but without checking, I reckon it must be 10 years since I bought a replica top.  I wouldn't have worn a Just Eat top if DCFC had sponsored me to wear it!

EDIT:
Looking at the historical kits list, and trying to remember my wardrobe, I have the 97/98 Puma top, which I proudly wore last Monday.  Also have home and away (blue) Pedi tops, the yellow EDS top ('99?), one of the Derbyshire tops, and one of the Buy-mobiles tops (logo very worn!).  That's it for replicas, and I think that last one is the 11/12 version, so 7 seasons now since I last bothered!   Not been a fan of any of the more recent ones, and doubt I'll bother again.  I'll stick to training tops from now on, I guess.

On 31/05/2019 at 13:12, David said:

Another 2 seasons to run. Feel free to use this link and call them out

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/06/rams-pen-new-agreement-with-umbro

I'd be very surprised if this did happen but didn't we break the Joma agreement half way through to move to Adidas?

Saying that the Joma shirts were shockingly awful...remember going in the shop one day and they were actively checking people as they walked in and replacing the shirts for free...it was also back in the day where shirts were on a two year rotation and they changed the material half way through...

I would love for us to go out of the box and go for Lotto next time though.  I have the Hoffenheim kit by them from a couple of years ago and it's wonderful

21 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

I'd be very surprised if this did happen but didn't we break the Joma agreement half way through to move to Adidas?

Saying that the Joma shirts were shockingly awful...remember going in the shop one day and they were actively checking people as they walked in and replacing the shirts for free...it was also back in the day where shirts were on a two year rotation and they changed the material half way through...

I would love for us to go out of the box and go for Lotto next time though.  I have the Hoffenheim kit by them from a couple of years ago and it's wonderful

I reckon we'll go Nike next time...  lap up that template goodness ?

Women's world cup starts this week so I had a look at the kits...

France has gone for a nice pyjama set for their away kit:

20190604_220630.thumb.jpg.060ac2208515036062a193645ffe527b.jpg

And just look at Scotland. I don't know why they've even bothered putting a badge on the shirt. Just one look at these girls and you know what country they're from.

Screenshot_20190604-220218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e062fd6b7405527c4916546d64b65910.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived