19/20 New Kits Thread

AshfieldRam

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll have to change that. They'll discontinue it and release a new kit with the sponsor across the middle in a normal way. An expensive mistake.

It's like the Leeds badge change - how does it happen? Surely there must be multiple people at the club who have to sign these things off?

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Huddersfield's new home kit is.. interesting! ?

Who in their right mind would sanction this?!

That's not permitted. Sponsor logo is too big to meet league rules.

They can play in a friendly in skirts and clown shoes if they want.

But in a league or cup match...  No-go.

And they will absolutely know the rules. So this is just very smart pre-season PR for Paddy Power.

http://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/book/30/chapter/s2699-kit-and-advertising-regulations/content?section=s2702-c-sponsor-designations

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

That's not permitted. Sponsor logo is too big to meet league rules.

They can play in a friendly in skirts if they want.

But in a league or cup match.  No-go.

Yea just pulled this from fa handbook - http://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/book/30/chapter/s2699-kit-and-advertising-regulations/content?section=s2702-c-sponsor-designations

69454351-3b50-4012-abdf-d133deb8155b

It’s worked, both Huddersfield and Paddy Power trending on Twitter. 

Would you want your club selling out for a publicity stunt? 

Shirts are not on sale until the weekend when I suspect they will release the real shirt. As others have shown it’s against the rules to have a sponsor that large.

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Ahem, like "Frank Lampard's Derby County" ?

No, nothing like that. 

Frank Lampard’s Derby County is how journalists started their articles, in the same way as they did with Gary Rowett’s Derby County or Aitor Karanka’s Nottingham Forest.

Based on my very own finely honed torso, I reckon that "Sash" is closing in on being 600mm x 150mm = 60cm x 15cm = 900cm2.  At the very least, it must be 50cm x 10cm = 500cm2.

The diagrams (in the link) suggest a central location to the chest area.

The wording specifically states  "One single area not exceeding 250 square centimetres on the front of the shirt (see Fig 10)"

I conclude therefore, that those suggesting that this will break the rules are at the very least, 100% correct, and could possibly 250% correct!  LOL!

... which is a damned shame, as it's certainly a looker!

Also from the link... 
Huddersfield Town’s Commercial Director Sean Jarvis explained:
“... the new ‘sash’ style logo is really eye-catching and helps maintain our reputation as being innovators too.”

That's one hell of a reputation you're about to maintain!

Archived