19/20 New Kits Thread

AshfieldRam

The people I feel sorry for are their junior supporters.
They won't be allowed the sash, so effectively they won't be wearing a true replica!  The school bullies will have a field day.

...Oh wait... Perhaps they'll get off lightly, all things considered!  :-)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

They'll have to change that. They'll discontinue it and release a new kit with the sponsor across the middle in a normal way. An expensive mistake.

It's like the Leeds badge change - how does it happen? Surely there must be multiple people at the club who have to sign these things off?

I would say it’s not a expensive mistake, but a bit of genius marketing from PP, got people talking, and they know full well they can’t advertise like that on shirts. Met one or two from PP in line of stuff they do, marketing wise, along with SkyBet, miles ahead of the rest

40 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I would say it’s not a expensive mistake, but a bit of genius marketing from PP, got people talking, and they know full well they can’t advertise like that on shirts. Met one or two from PP in line of stuff they do, marketing wise, along with SkyBet, miles ahead of the rest

Yep. They got me! Clever Paddys.

Brilliant news for Huddersfield fans, who get a shirt without a sponsor. Absolutely outstanding marketing by Paddy Power. The fake kit was decent enough for media attention, but this makes them look like they’re on the fans side whilst also giving them loads of publicity. Brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

In news that surprises nobody - here's Huddersfield's *real* kit.

You won't believe me, but I thought they would do this, just never mentioned it out loud for a I told you so moment.

If you think about shirt sponsors, they largely go unnoticed throughout the season, after the initial grumbles of another sponsor being too big, too ugly, wrong industry it's forgotten about.

Paddy Power have probably had more attention from this stunt as say Foxy Bingo would on a Brentford shirt. 

Soak up the negativity knowing when they release the unsponsored shirt which is the holy grail in football shirts they will look the good guys.

It's quite clever to be honest, despite even cleverer fans figured it couldn't be used. They perhaps should have told the FA of their plans before hand though.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nope. More publicity.

Well as the FA said it was too large, so they actually gave the game away. Wednesday to Saturday you wouldn't expect the FA have done much, a quick heads up to say look we're releasing this shirt, it's a PR stunt, we have no intention of playing in it, that would have prevented the FA coming out. 

40 minutes ago, David said:

Well as the FA said it was too large, so they actually gave the game away. Wednesday to Saturday you wouldn't expect the FA have done much, a quick heads up to say look we're releasing this shirt, it's a PR stunt, we have no intention of playing in it, that would have prevented the FA coming out. 

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a fake but hey ho. People still thought it was real after seeing the sponsorship regulations, hence why I’m £10 richer today.

Wouldn't have surprised me if the FA stopped it if they had known about it beforehand.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a fake but hey ho. People still thought it was real after seeing the sponsorship regulations, hence why I’m £10 richer today.

Wouldn't have surprised me if the FA stopped it if they had known about it beforehand.

How would they have stopped them? They wouldn't have been able to.

Sure many still believed it, but many also realised it was a stunt following the FA's comments

Everyone would love unbranded football kits, but i dont think most companies would do the same as PaddyPower and pay for the sponsorship and not use it. Huddersfield dont exactly need the money though - they could have had no sponsor without PaddyPower paying for the privelege and still have no issues financially.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Everyone would love unbranded football kits, but i dont think most companies would do the same as PaddyPower and pay for the sponsorship and not use it. Huddersfield dont exactly need the money though - they could have had no sponsor without PaddyPower paying for the privelege and still have no issues financially.

Why would they need to sponsor it though? They’ve just got more publicity than any other shirt sponsor has ever dreamed of, and they’ve given fans what they want to boot. Most people will also now know that the ‘sponsorless’ shirt is in fact sponsored by Paddy Power.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived