George Evans man of the match today

Day

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would give it Roos myself, but Evans was superb today, right up there. Likely proved a lot of doubters wrong on that performance. Maybe he's always secretly been a defender at heart. If Tomori's injury keeps him out for the next few games, it will be interesting to to see if Ambrose/Wisdom comes in or if Evans keeps his place.

He gave me a heart attack when he almost fluffed an off-the-line clearance ?

He had a good game, far better than most of us thought he would when he came on. Rightly being praised. But for me some of the defenders have been over-enthusiastically praised this season. E.g Bogle, Keogh and Tomori picking up the player awards despite us not being able to defend a cross for the last 7 months. Think the lads who do the Steve Bloomers Washing pod were expressing their surprise at the overwhelming consensus for POTY on the last episode. We still struggled with crosses/corners today despite the clean sheet.

Having got all the negativity out of the way, he did well. Maybe, if Tomori is fit for the next game, Evans moves into midfield alongside Johnson or Hudds. 

Said at the time of his signing that I thought he might be our shrewdest bit of business. Can't find the quote but I did, honest! Anyway, he's done little to restore that faith bar that promising, if ill fated debut until today where for a young lad with so few games under his belt in the last year, he came in and did wonderfully well in super a high pressure game. Praying it's not a false dawn as he could be massive for us next year. I'll be keeping faith in him in any case. I think he's full of promise.

Anyway, right now I be like...

giphy.gif

I don't understand people who want him to displace Hudds on the back of today's performance.

He came on, played brilliantly at centre half, a position he'd played occasionally before, and we now want to move him forward to a position he's struggled with this season?

Tomori's replacement next year is right in front of our eyes, and a part of our squad currently.

Yes it was a one off, but under the highest possible pressure he's not only survived but looked as good as he ever has.

He's a centre back now, and on today's viewing a natural one.

what a game from him already paid back his hefty 500k fee lol!! dont care what happens from here if he plays a game for derby ever again always be bargin of signing for me if we do get in top 6 that was so composed and such amazing performace from sumone who not been a regular in team and put out position in such a massive game is quite remarkable outstanding performace

Archived