No George Thorne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

He is still got another year to run on his contract, doubt he would go free, but possibly take a loss on what we paid for him.

I think we might get more for his Hydrotherapy Pool than we do for George. Great shame. 

Reckon he should drop down to a League 2 team to be honest. Someone like Crewe or Notts County (if they stay up) and rebuild his career from the bottom up. Prove he can still play professional football. 6 months to earn a move to a League 1 side with the hope of earning a move to a Championship side the following summer

10 minutes ago, jono said:

I just think he’s been unlucky at Luton. They have a settled winning team at the top of the league. He could only be cover in those circumstances. 

He should be breaking into a team in a league beneath us.  This is a serious wake up call for him

21 hours ago, Spanish said:

He should be breaking into a team in a league beneath us.  This is a serious wake up call for him

I know what you mean, but it it was us .. 5 points clear, top,of the league and we’d signed a previously crocked prem midfielder on loan what would we do ? 

12 hours ago, jono said:

I know what you mean, but it it was us .. 5 points clear, top,of the league and we’d signed a previously crocked prem midfielder on loan what would we do ? 

11 hours ago, Inglorius said:

A team that's 5 points top of the table who might be very probably playing us next season.

His future probably lies with a poorer quality div 1 or maybe div 2

I'm not yet convinced that he is finished.

i suspect we want him out either because he's on mega money or because of the extras payable to west brom, but there is no reason why he can't recover from the injuries he has had. His acl was yonks ago, and a broken leg is not going to finish a player ( ref dave mackay)

he looked in good shape, and was playing ok in the u23s. Nothing spectacular admittedly.

if huddz goes, we only have evans and thorne to pick from for the holding player. And that should be ok.

Archived