No George Thorne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Just watching the Luton team milling around a hotel in Clayton le Moors. Look strong and positive but alas no George in today’s squad. Being led around the grounds by none other than Inigo himself..looking remarkably cool of course.

What's Inigo's job?

Been a disaster of a loan move tbh. Not even travelling with the squad shows everything, especially one at league one level. Sadly George looks pretty finished, and this loan spell hasn’t helped anyone. Just hope we had a clause in which makes them pay more if he doesn’t play, cause this isn’t getting him in the shop window.

50 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Been a disaster of a loan move tbh. Not even travelling with the squad shows everything, especially one at league one level. Sadly George looks pretty finished, and this loan spell hasn’t helped anyone. Just hope we had a clause in which makes them pay more if he doesn’t play, cause this isn’t getting him in the shop window.

I don't think it has been a disaster, I think the club know he is finished and perhaps this loan might be what he needed to show him he isn't the player he once was.

Mel Morris alluded to the fact that we are covering wages for certain players who used to be good but arent any more and have gone on loan to league 1 teams. I took that as George Thorne.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel Morris alluded to the fact that we are covering wages for certain players who used to be good but arent any more and have gone on loan to league 1 teams. I took that as George Thorne.

I bet george was dead chuffed with that.

55 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think it has been a disaster, I think the club know he is finished and perhaps this loan might be what he needed to show him he isn't the player he once was.

Perhaps, but a player shouldn’t need showing that. I’m sure thrones very much aware of it, and he needs to somehow get himself fit if he can, because at the moment he’s a waste of wages sadly.

2 hours ago, Gusboll said:

George will rise again, sometime, somewhere; he's too good of a player not to.

I really hope so but can’t see it.What a player when he was  fit.

Love to see him pre season,but then again I’d love to see Martin back flicking to Jack Marriott.

I need to get a grip.

Nathan Jones was manager at Luton when George Thorne went on loan. Then Rowett got the boot and Nathan Jones took the Stoke job. I don't think this helped his chances, also why the current manager would'nt make too many changes to a winning side. Just plain bad luck on his part, if I was Frank I would call him back now and have him training with the first team ready for next season. Even if he does'nt make it into the 1st team set up, at least he will be training within a better set up than what Luton can offer.

1 minute ago, Gritty said:

A guy I know close to Stoke says Stoke are considering him in the summer. Considering doesn't mean 'definitely taking' of course. But I can see it on a free

He is still got another year to run on his contract, doubt he would go free, but possibly take a loss on what we paid for him.

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

He is still got another year to run on his contract, doubt he would go free, but possibly take a loss on what we paid for him.

I reckon we would let him go for free, perhaps with a chunky sell on clause.

Archived