Drones over my garden

jono

Hovering above the chimney as I sat in the garden last week. .. irritating buzzing. went out the front, couldn't see a nearby operator, but yesterday I'm driving down the road and see it coming in to land .. politlye suggest that if it was him I'd rather he didn't do it and in any case it was out of line of sight (from his house) and therefore against the law. 

I naively expected a "sorry mate, just got it and am messing around. wont bother you again" .. oh no .. the little **** says it is line of sight and any way he knows the rules and wasn't doing anything wrong. At this point I lost my temper and said hovering over my b Garden is not on … .. lots of anglo saxon expletives and insults followed .. mostly him but I am not entirely innocent or a model of calm restraint.  He even confirms it has a camera says he can show me the footage and its all 4K

Its defo against the law as it has a camera, he is near vehicles, people an buildings not in his control. … I spitting furious but don't want to over react, rush off to the cops and anyway am privately embarrassed that I lost my rag a bit anyway. … and suggestions ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait 'til he gets cocky, and starts teasing you by hovering closer and closer.

Let it ride, and when his cockiness overflows, grab a fisherman's landing net on an extended pole*, and bring it safely into land on your lap.

...Make sure you do a Mwaahaahaa to camera, before attending to the matter as you deem fit.

*When I say grab, of course that may not be something that you happen to have lying around in the garden, so a purchase or borrow may be required!  :-)

49 minutes ago, jono said:

Hovering above the chimney as I sat in the garden last week. .. irritating buzzing. went out the front, couldn't see a nearby operator, but yesterday I'm driving down the road and see it coming in to land .. politlye suggest that if it was him I'd rather he didn't do it and in any case it was out of line of sight (from his house) and therefore against the law. 

I naively expected a "sorry mate, just got it and am messing around. wont bother you again" .. oh no .. the little **** says it is line of sight and any way he knows the rules and wasn't doing anything wrong. At this point I lost my temper and said hovering over my b Garden is not on … .. lots of anglo saxon expletives and insults followed .. mostly him but I am not entirely innocent or a model of calm restraint.  He even confirms it has a camera says he can show me the footage and its all 4K

Its defo against the law as it has a camera, he is near vehicles, people an buildings not in his control. … I spitting furious but don't want to over react, rush off to the cops and anyway am privately embarrassed that I lost my rag a bit anyway. … and suggestions ?

could be a criminal looking to break in, a pedophile snooping in bedroom windows, call the police let him explain the reasons

1 hour ago, jono said:

1 hour ago, jono said:

image.png.7f65313c3cae95f072fe7f8936b5fd5c.png

@King Kevin and @86 points

Thanks for the offers ( and an interesting arms race going on their air gun and shot gun ? )

This is what I would like to do, but as David says .. evidence, report to police and job done. .. My wife wants to avoid confrontation so for now I'm leaving it but if it turns up again it will be the law.

What really gets me is not elf and safety, not rules, regs and the law.  Just the weird mental outlook that someone thinks its kind of ok to film you in your garden just because they can, and then not really understand why you'd be narked. ?.. .. I just don't get it - there's some odd folks about.

Sith Happens

Considering Drones are used to film, i would be concerned if someone is flying one over peoples homes that he is some sort of pervert.

I'd report him. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

...What really gets me is...  the weird mental outlook that someone thinks its kind of ok to film you in your garden just because they can, and then not really understand why you'd be narked. ?.. .. I just don't get it - there's some odd folks about.

Agreed.

I wonder... What about if you hear a blood curdling scream at 4am, and go and bang on their front door... merely to check all is well, and that your neighbours are safe, of course.  I'm sure they'd be narked, and after it happened for the 4th consecutive morning, they too may consider you odd, and decide to call the police, but as you are obviously a kind and caring neighbour, and thought it only polite to check on their well being, the police would no doubt decide not to pursue the matter. 

Naturally, this would affect you less if you were an early riser anyway... and would also explain why you were the only one in the street to hear these terrifying screams... 4 mornings running!  winking0004.gif

Archived