17/18 Financial Results

Kinder

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not too sure why most are discussing what might be in Mel's Will ?

All that really matters is we will not go into FFP, Mel has bought Pride Park from himself, he's a fan and one that has put his money where his mouth is.

Maybe this thread needs to be locked!

Can I remind you he also had some sign-off on Chris Martin’s new deal when he was at Fulham, no doubt at the behest of Mac2, who he promptly sacked. That was money well spent. Not sure if you remember Chris Martin, as you haven’t been on the forum a great deal over the last couple of years ?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not too sure why most are discussing what might be in Mel's Will ?

All that really matters is we will not go into FFP, Mel has bought Pride Park from himself, he's a fan and one that has put his money where his mouth is.

Maybe this thread needs to be locked!

Why does it have to be locked, we are not all going around thinking how lucky we are and would like to discuss it. It may go against the majority on here, and I know some like to jump to his defence at every opportunity however I did think that was what a forum was for.

Thats not to say that people still don’t appreciate MM, just that as a supporter of the club we would like to know or discuss the details of the sale of PP.

I’m sure that makes us the devil reincarnated, but surely the answer if not to visit the thread if you are going to get upset (not aimed at you) or don’t agree with the content rather than lock it because you don’t agree with it?

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I play walking football down here in sunny Birmingham. I didn't half get some stick last night from the bluenoses for the way we have avoided ffp, quite amusing really. 

Ffp is basically flawed though, compare ourselves with another team who may play in red. They rent their ground and don't have many assets other than the playing staff, but are allowed to lose £39m over the next 3 years. 

After the sale of our ground and clearing our loss for the season, we also rent our ground, but in addition to our paying staff we also have £55m in the bank, but we can not spend that much over the next 3 years, even though it wouldn't send us overdrawn at the bank. 

So ffp would allow one club to be overdrawn to the tune of £39m and prevent out club from having less than £16m in credit. It doesn't seem right. 

I have no idea. There's a few on here who claim to be experts maybe they could comment?

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You saying the club statement is wrong ?

“The accounts show a profit of £14.6m, in comparison to a loss of £7.9m in the previous year, largely due to the profit on the sale and lease back of Pride Park Stadium and profit on player registrations.

In the financial year, Pride Park Stadium was sold to a separate company owned by Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE.”

Better start producing the A4 posters then. 

Mel Out!

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Can I remind you he also had some sign-off on Chris Martin’s new deal when he was at Fulham, no doubt at the behest of Mac2, who he promptly sacked. That was money well spent. Not sure if you remember Chris Martin, as you haven’t been on the forum a great deal over the last couple of years ?

Yes if only Mel had listened to me, maybe he wouldnt have wasted all that money on Martin's contract. ?

3 minutes ago, curb said:

Better start producing the A4 posters then. 

Mel Out!

Once again I’m not sure why the defensive approach, my view had never been that MM has done this to the detriment of the club, just that it would be nice to know more about the deal and the implications, if any on FFP.

You were the one who was quick to say there is none and the ground was never sold.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I play walking football down here in sunny Birmingham. I didn't half get some stick last night from the bluenoses for the way we have avoided ffp, quite amusing really. 

Ffp is basically flawed though, compare ourselves with another team who may play in red. They rent their ground and don't have many assets other than the playing staff, but are allowed to lose £39m over the next 3 years. 

After the sale of our ground and clearing our loss for the season, we also rent our ground, but in addition to our paying staff we also have £55m in the bank, but we can not spend that much over the next 3 years, even though it wouldn't send us overdrawn at the bank. 

So ffp would allow one club to be overdrawn to the tune of £39m and prevent out club from having less than £16m in credit. It doesn't seem right. 

haven't followed this in detail, but is that real, or did the transaction write off debts owed by DCFC?

Accounts confirm ground was sold after consideration of the groups P&S position for the forthcoming years, said it was a difficult decision, and needed to remain competitive to achieve ambition to reach PL. paraphrased of course.

OK, the beginning of this thread on twitter made me laugh out loud! 

Not sure how accurate it is overall but I think the guy has a good reputation and I find his soundbites a lot easier to follow than trawling through the accounts myself.

If you click on the first tweet there are a series of other tables underneath.

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

OK, the beginning of this thread on twitter made me laugh out loud! 

Not sure how accurate it is overall but I think the guy has a good reputation and I find his soundbites a lot easier to follow than trawling through the accounts myself.

If you click on the first tweet there are a series of other tables underneath.

Might aswell be written in Latin as far as a dumb git like me is concerned.

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Looks like a million quid a year for the rent.

Paying more than that a month on first team players which are not involved. At least we’ll get some use out of Pride Park!

2 minutes ago, David said:

Paying more than that a month on first team players which are not involved. At least we’ll get some use out of Pride Park!

The players wages figures are scary, I think it was mentioned a healthy slice of that will be gone in next years accounts....let’s hope so.

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

The players wages figures are scary, I think it was mentioned a healthy slice of that will be gone in next years accounts....let’s hope so.

This summer Bryson, Nugent, Johnson, Olsson, Blackman, Butterfield, Roos, Cole and Ambrose will all be out of contract .

Next summer Martin, Anya and Thorne so I would expect not the next set of accounts but the one after will look a lot healthier. 

The wage bill is scary, although not a great surprise, no secret we are looking to bring it down, Lampard himself spoke about it yesterday.

19 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

8 minutes ago, David said:

This summer Bryson, Nugent, Johnson, Olsson, Blackman, Butterfield, Roos, Cole and Ambrose will all be out of contract .

Next summer Martin, Anya and Thorne so I would expect not the next set of accounts but the one after will look a lot healthier. 

The wage bill is scary, although not a great surprise, no secret we are looking to bring it down, Lampard himself spoke about it yesterday.

17/18 accounts show wages at about £46.8m... this’ll be slashed down to c£30m when the season ends

8 minutes ago, David said:

No surprise but it’s when it’s in black and white....

To be fair to MM, the accounts also show the amount of money he has put into the club, whilst I may not be his biggest fan of some of his business decisions in the past, there is no doubting his commitment to the club backed up with his financial input to fund such wages and transfer fees.

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

No surprise but it’s when it’s in black and white....

To be fair to MM, the accounts also show the amount of money he has put into the club, whilst I may not be his biggest fan of some of his business decisions in the past, there is no doubting his commitment to the club backed up with his financial input to fund such wages and transfer fees.

What’s your thoughts on the stadium lease fee? I know you’re not a fan of the idea, but looks fairly reasonable.

A quick Google shows West Ham pay £2.5m for their lease which apparently doesn’t cover the cost of games, that’s London for you though.

Archived