17/18 Financial Results

Kinder

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

They’ll be some update on my finances this time Saturday after I’ve done at Covent Garden and it won’t be good news

6 point reputation deduction if you're more than £39 out of pocket.

OP was right, financial results just published, confirms sale of stadium to a separate company owned by MM. Suggests reports of him wanting to keep the stadium after he sales the club are true, potentially adding credence to the whole roof rumour if he wants to use it for other events too.

As long as Mel doesn't go mad years down the line and kick us out of the stadium, I'm very happy to hear such a huge profit being reported. *Should* give us an awful lot of FFP security should we fail to get promoted, which looks likely.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/04/derby-county-reveal-201718-financial-results 

@Angry Ram, Stephen Pearce doesn’t need the sack, he needs a raise. Somehow we’ve managed to turn £3 million per week in losses into a £14 million profit?I have no clue how this affects FFP, mind.

Sale of the stadium is a fairly extreme step, but should keep everything very safe in regards to FFP moving forward - especially if we succeed in getting rid of more big wages in the Summer.

Quite a clever way of getting round ffp in the next couple of years. It gives us time to get day to day finances in order. 

If we get promoted, the club will  able to afford to buy the ground back. 

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Does this mean we can pay over the odds for some more crap now then?

No, but it means we get this summer to get rid of some more wages. I suspect without selling the stadium this summer transfer window will have come too late.

Archived