The Politics Thread 2019

Day

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do yourselves a favour boys and give up the petty sniping. I'm sure it's making neither of you particularly happy, and it's not really relevant to politics. I like you both, just not on this thread.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't really bother me, though. Probably ruins the threads for others. Point taken. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The polling stations will soon be closing, meaning the results from the exit polls can be released. These polls over the last few election have been quite accurate. So we'll soon know what sort of government we can expect to see in the next Parliament.

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Genuine question buddy, why are the mods not entitled to express an opinion? This is essentially just a footy forum after all. Seems out of character for this to bother you.

Yeah you are right. 

45 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

No it was obvious where you were taking the conversation. I'm more than familiar with food banks and people who contribute to them and use them. If you want some statistics you can research them. But not every single person who uses them is Oliver Twist. People use food banks for a variety of reasons. Some people use them even though they have the same disposable income as people who don't. 

That's a reasonable thing to say and so was what i was saying before. You and about half a dozen others are so hostile to critical thinking and learning something knew, that you just come across terribly. 

I fail to see how it was obvious where I was taking the conversation?

You made a statement of fact, I asked you how you'd come to that conclusion?

You've now doubled down on an assertion that some people use them through choice, again without backing it up with even the most rudimentary of evidence in support of your assertion it's a reasonable thing to think.

I have just enough education to know I might not count critical thinking as a strength, but experience enough to know your posts don't encourage such an endeavour.

Archived