The Politics Thread 2019

Day

15 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The reply was to Gritters as you well know. Stop acting like a child. It doesn't suit a man of your advanced years.

And your reply was equally silly no matter who it was responding to.

Why not accept that there are people that fit the description rather than making out the me, Gritters or whoever, has said that it everyone that fits that description?

There may be none of the people bring described that live near you but why not accept that not everybody lives in the same place and circumstances vary from place to place?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me i doubt many people choose to use foodbanks.  I think you are right there are some that could be less selfish and manage their money better ( eg the family of 9 complaining about having to use them, why not not have 7 kids in the first place).  However i genuinely believe those are the minority,  i do think media sensationalising doesn't help, and that applies to many arguments held on here.

I genuinely think the majority of people use foodbanks through no alternative.

Lets hope whoever wins today can improve this.

Agree with most of this post.

Personally, I hardly watch TV and very rarely read a newspaper, so what I post is based on my own experiences rather than what any media tells me to think.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

And your reply was equally silly no matter who it was responding to.

Why not accept that there are people that fit the description rather than making out the me, Gritters or whoever, has said that it everyone that fits that description?

There may be none of the people bring described that live near you but why not accept that not everybody lives in the same place and circumstances vary from place to place?

Because that's not what this poster or about 5 others are trying to do. Ever. It's all about coming across as the most woke. It's boring and tedious. Us mere mortals can not compete. So why oh why don't they just have their own little woke circle where they can just tear each other apart for the most trivial things. 

Just now, Uptherams said:

Because that's not what this poster or about 5 others are trying to do. Ever. It's all about coming across as the most woke. It's boring and tedious. Us mere mortals can not compete. So why oh why don't they just have their own little woke circle where they can just tear each other apart for the most trivial things. 

The fact that you believe one has to be 'woke' to want to see issues like child poverty properly addressed says rather more about you than me old bean.

Suggest you have a cuppa and a lie down as your posts are becoming more and more unbalanced by the hour.

Not long now. Been an interesting debate,  no doubt will continue well beyond tonight. 

Bit disappointed DCFCfans as a forum failed to remain impartial.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree with most of this post.

Personally, I hardly watch TV and very rarely read a newspaper, so what I post is based on my own experiences rather than what any media tells me to think.

My media influences have been very interesting this time.

The FT have refused to endorse either labour or conservative - highly unusual. And doesn't endorse the lib dems despite claiming that they are in theory closer to liberal free market principles. 

The economist is very similar in truth.

Unprecedented times....

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not long now. Been an interesting debate,  no doubt will continue well beyond tonight. 

Bit disappointed DCFCfans as a forum failed to remain impartial.

How as the forum failed to remain impartial?

I haven't seen any banner headlines supporting one particular party, scrolling across the screen when I sign on to the site

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

How as the forum failed to remain impartial?

I haven't seen any banner headlines supporting one particular party, scrolling across the screen when I sign on to the site

Just a personal opinion,  i would have hoped those that represent it would moderate and nothing more. 

Yeah i know you will tell me im wrong,  just expressing my opinion.

57 minutes ago, Norman said:

Pal, pal, pal. 

Take some blood pressure pills tonight. 

55 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, you've still not really grasped it, have you?

53 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, I wrote 'all', but it appears its just a lot of people he thinks are ducking idiots. Aka a bigot. 

Do yourselves a favour boys and give up the petty sniping. I'm sure it's making neither of you particularly happy, and it's not really relevant to politics. I like you both, just not on this thread.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Just a personal opinion,  i would have hoped those that represent it would moderate and nothing more. 

Yeah i know you will tell me im wrong,  just expressing my opinion.

Genuine question buddy, why are the mods not entitled to express an opinion? This is essentially just a footy forum after all. Seems out of character for this to bother you.

Archived