The Politics Thread 2019

Day

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

People have thought the same ever since the creation of the Labour party, yet still they exist and somehow persuade working class people to vote for them, or at the least not vote against them.

It's a scam, preying on gullible people with promises that cannot be fulfilled. Whereas the Nazis use 14 words, I think the Tories use 419.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Doing something right up here, bit odd for a town like this but there you go.

IMG_0046.JPG

It's a rare thing isn't it, when a protest vote is such of a protest that the protesters vote against the principle of a protest vote.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, eddie said:

The only good thing to come out of the entire fiasco is the complete and utter disintegration of uk politics , probably for an entire generation.

Ftfy

4 hours ago, Officer said:

A sad state of affairs when one side lied with the help of dodgy and Russian money and now the gullible are so intransigent to even admit they made a mistake.

What did leavers actually vote for?

1. Curvy bananas

2. That despicable breaking point poster

3. Bendy buses

4. To take back sovereignty (never realised we lost it)

The list of stupid reasons is endless. But, keep reading the Mail, Sun and the Torygraph. Vote tory! Good old chaps.

5. To watch snowflakes literally lose their shiz, their whole world shattering as daddy says "no" for the first time; rejection of ideas is not something they have been equipped to deal with.

Number 5 has definitely been the most productive as well, like your latest post demonstrates. As Brexiteers we can only help so much with the grieving process, at some point you've got to get over it - good luck!

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

5. To watch snowflakes literally lose their shiz, their whole world shattering as daddy says "no" for the first time; rejection of ideas is not something they have been equipped to deal with.

Number 5 has definitely been the most productive as well, like your latest post demonstrates. As Brexiteers we can only help so much with the grieving process, at some point you've got to get over it - good luck!

What did you vote for? Can you answer?

12 hours ago, eddie said:

The only good thing to come out of the entire fiasco is the complete and utter disintegration of the Tory party, probably for an entire generation.

Still had more council seats elected than lab and lib put together, though.

Still many people happy with voting conservative. 

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Still had more council seats elected than lab and lib put together, though.

Still many people happy with voting conservative. 

Correct. The options aren’t overly great though. Even Tony Robinson can’t stomach supporting Labour any more.

16 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I don't think it shows anything, but if you want to read anything into the local elections, this is the only message I can see. Suggestions that the vote is a message to "get on with brexit" don't hold sway to me. 

FB_IMG_1556980634246.jpg

I doubt there are many who actually know Green are pro-remain - I didn’t until I just googled it

9 hours ago, Officer said:

What did you vote for? Can you answer?

I'd see the question as most appropropiate to answer in the inverse, what did I vote against? 

I haven't woken up overnight in a different jurisdiction having realised I didnt like the curtains, EU architects in their memoirs are a little more honest about the project; namely consolidation through crisis (engineered or not by the Union itself but nonethless conveniently requiring "more Europe" to "solve"), creating institutions where the decision-making hierarchy is deliberately in the abstract (power without the limitation of transparency and accountability) and "pooling sovereignty" so dripwise and over so many decades in the hope that no-one notices they were born in one jurisdiction but are intended to die in another, having never had a say on it. That is no conspiracy, merely a simply recognition to anyone honest enough to admit that the legs thusfar in the project have been delivered not because of democracy but rather the distinct absence of it. France, Ireland, Netherlands, UK, they are rejected every time...any muttonhead could see there will not be a democratic mandate for federalisation, federalisation unequivocally and unambiguously put to the people in a single ballot, it would be outright rejected. Hence backdoor building. You cannot build a country by deceit with "populism" (a vote on their future) as the enemy. If you think that is okay and sustainable then we severly disagree and we can leave it that.

We talk about lies, the whole thing is a lie IMO, focus the plebs on the benign trivialities of the EU parliament who are no more than glorified "bendy banana" administrators while the power players build a country in the back room. Who did Clegg think he was fooling when he said there would not be an EU army? With all things EU, it is a question of "when" not "if" and the "when" comes when the Commision feels there is sufficient distraction or political cover to push through the next phase with as little resistance as possible. That is the reality.

26 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I'd see the question as most appropropiate to answer in the inverse, what did I vote against? 

I haven't woken up overnight in a different jurisdiction having realised I didnt like the curtains, EU architects in their memoirs are a little more honest about the project; namely consolidation through crisis (engineered or not by the Union itself but nonethless conveniently requiring "more Europe" to "solve"), creating institutions where the decision-making hierarchy is deliberately in the abstract (power without the limitation of transparency and accountability) and "pooling sovereignty" so dripwise and over so many decades in the hope that no-one notices they were born in one jurisdiction but are intended to die in another, having never had a say on it. That is no conspiracy, merely a simply recognition to anyone honest enough to admit that the legs thusfar in the project have been delivered not because of democracy but rather the distinct absence of it. France, Ireland, Netherlands, UK, they are rejected every time...any muttonhead could see there will not be a democratic mandate for federalisation, federalisation unequivocally and unambiguously put to the people in a single ballot, it would be outright rejected. Hence backdoor building. You cannot build a country by deceit with "populism" (a vote on their future) as the enemy. If you think that is okay and sustainable then we severly disagree and we can leave it that.

We talk about lies, the whole thing is a lie IMO, focus the plebs on the benign trivialities of the EU parliament who are no more than glorified "bendy banana" administrators while the power players build a country in the back room. Who did Clegg think he was fooling when he said there would not be an EU army? With all things EU, it is a question of "when" not "if" and the "when" comes when the Commision feels there is sufficient distraction or political cover to push through the next phase with as little resistance as possible. That is the reality.

The amount of hysterical derp in this one post is simply staggering. Well played.

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

The amount of hysterical derp in this one post is simply staggering. Well played.

Thanks for not replying with your usual foul-mouthed diatribe anyway, a better contribution than you normally offer.

1 hour ago, Officer said:

I still don't know what leavers voted for! They wan't to leave, then move to Fiji.

They voted to leave. 

When challenged, what leave looked like, they said it doesn't matter as long as we leave. 

May came up with a plan, and they said no, not like that.

Now they have come up with WTO, but don't understand what that will cost us either. 

Even Baldrick had a plan. 

On 05/05/2019 at 10:41, Officer said:

I still don't know what leavers voted for! They wan't to leave, then move to Fiji.

I feel that the politicians hide behind the EU rules and regulations. I voted to take control of our laws and make our own policeries and make our MPs more accountable to do a job. Make the deals that suit us not a compromise with 27 other countries. Have a fairer emigration system that gives the whole world the opportunity to come and contribute to our economy rather than having no control over what is coming over from Europe.

Oh and something that was written on a bus.

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I feel that the politicians hide behind the EU rules and regulations. I voted to take control of our laws and make our own policies and make our MPs more accountable to do a job. Make the deals that suit us not a compromise with 27 other countries. Have a fairer emigration system that gives the whole world the opportunity to come and contribute to our economy rather than having no control over what is coming over from Europe.

That's actually a very good answer. But you do realise if we leave then we leave the biggest trading bloc in the world and have no say on any matters. At least in the EU we are Germany +1. We have so much say on how to shape and develop a brighter future for our youth and for the planet - but we fell for an internal tory power struggle. Being out of the party doesn't make us cool. The world has changed, you need partners and the EU politicians have showed more resolve and competence then our lot.

What Eu laws do you not like?
Explain to me how we don't have sovereignty?

There are no magical deals around the corner. WTO will have us at the back of the cue with Bangladesh. A no deal or any deal will see a hard border in Ireland and will usher in the break up of the union. I still don't see any positives from leaving.

9 minutes ago, Officer said:

That's actually a very good answer. But you do realise if we leave then we leave the biggest trading bloc in the world and have no say on any matters. At least in the EU we are Germany +1. We have so much say on how to shape and develop a brighter future for our youth and for the planet - but we fell for an internal tory power struggle. Being out of the party doesn't make us cool. The world has changed, you need partners and the EU politicians have showed more resolve and competence then our lot.

What Eu laws do you not like?
Explain to me how we don't have sovereignty?

There are no magical deals around the corner. WTO will have us at the back of the cue with Bangladesh. A no deal or any deal will see a hard border in Ireland and will usher in the break up of the union. I still don't see any positives from leaving.

We will never know unless we leave though. 

It may also boil down to the state of The politics in this country now and at the time of the referendum. 

I think so far both main parties have shown their true colours that they are only in it for themselves. They have both been pretty useless at both leading and being a strong opposition.

Something needs to change we are in a rut.

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

We will never know unless we leave though. 

It may also boil down to the state of The politics in this country now and at the time of the referendum. 

I think so far both main parties have shown their true colours that they are only in it for themselves. They have both been pretty useless at both leading and being a strong opposition.

Something needs to change we are in a rut.

As a keen but amateur student of history I am quite confident to assert that this has been the case at least since the English Civil War ?

Archived