Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Where is that video of him saying he wouldn’t leave if they came in? Think he’ll regret this 

Don't think he's ever said he wouldn't go - that would be stupid. He's just re-iterated where he stands with us?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 100% convinced he's gone now. Might as well get used to it.

For anyone giving out about loyalty, have a word with yourselves. Chelsea mean more to him than Derby do and how many of you guys would turn down your dream job and a massive pay rise?

I'll never understand why we hold people in football to a different standard than ourselves.

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

Can’t tell if I’m p*ssed off or sad he’s going should repay the faith we put into him 

Zero loyalty in players and managers and contracts mean nothing,if he goes and its a shoe in he does good look to him

This needs to be sorted one way or the other as i think the players return a week on Monday for training so not leaving ourselves long to get new manager in before then

Enjoyed last season but it was mixed with inconsistency and some awful performances  

I bet Mel and Frank are pissing themselves over all this knicker wetting on here.

After the playoff final you could see he was fed up about being asked about the chelsea job and reiterated that he is happy and still has 2 years on his contract.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am 100% convinced he's gone now. Might as well get used to it.

For anyone giving out about loyalty, have a word with yourselves. Chelsea means more to him than Derby do and how many of you guys would turn down your dream job and a massive pay rise?

I'll never understand why we hold people in football to a different standard than ourselves.

Because I’m not just a football fan looking at it from a neutral perspective, I’m a Derby fan looking at it from a Derby perspective?

That surely comes with a ‘your either with us or against us’ attitude, and so it should  be too! 

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

Can’t tell if I’m p*ssed off or sad he’s going should repay the faith we put into him 

He did, we played better football and he got us to Wembley, in a memorable way. Its a shame Sarri wants to leave, frank was onto something with us. 

11 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

1st part to follow Chelsea will seek permission to speak with Mr Lampard .

Chelsea want to follow correct procedure  Derby looking for same compensation as Chelsea get from Juventus.

Yeah they seem pretty desperate to get him so we could name our price although someone said the compensation can't exceed his wages for the remainder of the contract? Say he's on 2 Mill a year, that means max we could get is 4 Mill 

Well Chelsea can't spend money on players and have just got £100m for Hazard so we can expect them to push hard financially if they want him. The fact Jody would go too would tick a big box as he knows the youth players they will need to utilise. If Chelsea are just going to accept the punishment it doesn't bode well as it smacks of a new approach of giving youth/squad a chance so why not the same for the manager. 

As for loyalty....yes Chelsea opportunity will come round again.... except, say we have a shocking start to the season??. Frank has to consider he could be sacked by Xmas... and left looking like damaged goods ala Keane, Barnes, Shearer, Neville etc . He may never get this chance again.

I would have great respect for him if he stays, but I can't resent him if he doesnt.

Archived