Sign in to follow this  
philmycock

The Yard Pub

Right, so you leave the match on the final whistle and you can't get in The Yard, queueing up and bouncers say 1-in 1-out.

So DCFC encouraging fans to leave the match early if they want a beer there?

Sort it out Mel, we had to go Merlin instead Saturday, and that place is pants and we spent a small fortune which would be better spent in a club-owned bar, thoughts?

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Right, so you leave the match on the final whistle and you can't get in The Yard, queueing up and bouncers say 1-in 1-out.

Sort it out Mel, we had to go Merlin instead Saturday, and that place is pants and we spent a small fortune which would be better spent in a club-owned bar, thoughts?

If the place is full what do you want them to.do ?

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

If the place is full what do you want them to.do ?

🙄 Yes Bob, that's my point, it's full because they've all left the ground on 85 minutes, in a game that was 1-1 and an exciting finale, I was in the stadium supporting the team until the final whistle, but yes you're right, pfffft

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

How do they police those who didn’t go to the game? Are they not allowed in until 4:45?

Random people go to The Yard, when there's a match on, just before the final whistle on a match day? Righto! 

Posted (edited)

Don’t they show the away game on the tv’s? Maybe home too. Perhaps it’s full of non ticket holders? I don’t know.

Edited by Boycie

Even when i did manage to get in once, it was impossible to get to the bar, so i gave up and left.

the problem with PP it that the concourses are grim. Ok no worse than most other grounds but the whole thing looks like the interior of a prison. All concrete and painted blockwork. There's hardly anywhere to even put a drink down. Certainly nowhere to sit. Its locked into a pre-hillsborough "all fans are potentially violent idiots " mindset. 

52 minutes ago, philmycock said:

🙄 Yes Bob, that's my point, it's full because they've all left the ground on 85 minutes, in a game that was 1-1 and an exciting finale, I was in the stadium supporting the team until the final whistle, but yes you're right, pfffft

Thank you. What do you propose DCFC do?

17 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Thank you. What do you propose DCFC do?

Make sure loyal season ticket holders that stay in the ground until the final whistle get the chance to get in, especially when it's hardly full. Big up the bouncers.

We rushed straight down after the final whilst on Saturday and were 2 or 3 from the front but still waited a fair while, the trouble is nobody really comes out at that time.

I'm not sure if it's like that usually but there wasn't many fans inside, it looked like there was a band/performer setting up in the seated area at the back so all that was closed off though. The front section where the big screen and standing tables was half empty, there was loads of room so puzzled as to why it was 1 out 1 in. 

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

As a less-crowded alternative, McFarland's Bar is civilized to drink in after the game (and before) if they're doing it. Passes only cost £3. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/mcfarlands-bar

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

I must get lucky every game, because I saw every single minute of football on Saturday, left at full time and was inside the Yard with a beer in my hand within 10 minutes. I'm in South Stand so it's only round the corner. However, I did notice once I was already in that they'd started doing one in one out, despite the place being half empty. I saw several people buying beers for mates, turn round to find their mates can't get in/ waiting to get in and (fortunately or unfortunately) then have about 4 beers to themselves. It did look like there was a performer setting up. But having it half full doesn't make any sense. 

Edited by Paese
Wrong use of "their" instead of "there". I couldn't just leave it.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Even when i did manage to get in once, it was impossible to get to the bar, so i gave up and left.

the problem with PP it that the concourses are grim. Ok no worse than most other grounds but the whole thing looks like the interior of a prison. All concrete and painted blockwork. There's hardly anywhere to even put a drink down. Certainly nowhere to sit. Its locked into a pre-hillsborough "all fans are potentially violent idiots " mindset. 

If you think PP is bad then you can’t go to many away grounds 🙈