Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
philmycocu

The Yard Pub

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 13/03/2019 at 13:40, RamNut said:

Concourse areas don't have to be crap spaces.....

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow,that looks brilliant..it's about time clubs stopped treating fans(who shell out a fortune each match day for the privilege) as cattle...

A massive step forward.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wow,that looks brilliant..it's about time clubs stopped treating fans(who shell out a fortune each match day for the privilege) as cattle...

A massive step forward.

I agree. Some of the concourse at West Ham is similar, but it's only because it was built for athletics. I can't understand it really, as clubs would make more money if the concourse areas were a bit more hospitable.

Share this post


Link to post

These proposals for the east stand will improve the concorse experience pre and post match.  I assume anyone in the ground will be able to use them pre match.

So we do look like we’re at least trying to address the situation.  Who knows? If we cement a Prem place they might even give the south stand concorse a bit of a make over.  But East stand first, that’s where the real fans sit.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

These proposals for the east stand will improve the concorse experience pre and post match.  I assume anyone in the ground will be able to use them pre match.

So we do look like we’re at least trying to address the situation.  Who knows? If we cement a Prem place they might even give the south stand concorse a bit of a make over.  But East stand first, that’s where the real fans sit.

cement?  yes that's my overriding impression of the east stand concourse

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Spanish said:

cement?  yes that's my overriding impression of the east stand concourse

But it’s our cement init! 😄

Share this post


Link to post

I sometimes wonder if some of our epoxy fans think personal comfort and fancy prancy cocktail lounges mean mortar them than the quality of the football!  If this carries on, on here, I seriously think I'll throw in the trowel!

All we need is somewhere simple to get plastered, and bond with our mates.

TUT!  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I sometimes wonder if some of our epoxy fans think personal comfort and fancy prancy cocktail lounges mean mortar them than the quality of the football!  If this carries on, on here, I seriously think I'll throw in the trowel!

All we need is somewhere simple to get plastered, and bond with our mates.

TUT!  

cheese room or temperature controlled seats please.   Its the way of the premier league . ( except Goodison where it's all wooden seats that bruise your ass like a bike seat after a 10 mile ride)

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I sometimes wonder if some of our epoxy fans think personal comfort and fancy prancy cocktail lounges mean mortar them than the quality of the football!  If this carries on, on here, I seriously think I'll throw in the trowel!

All we need is somewhere simple to get plastered, and bond with our mates.

TUT!  

I’d rather not be plastered at the footy. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree. Some of the concourse at West Ham is similar, but it's only because it was built for athletics. I can't understand it really, as clubs would make more money if the concourse areas were a bit more hospitable.

Thats the point isn't it.

other sports, other venues, its normal to have much better facilities.

but football....i accept that the beer throwing numpties can have a prison interior, but why not something better and less cramped for the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

I’d rather not be plastered at the footy. 

Well quite.  I don't drink at all*, but then that doesn't quite work so well in an otherwise fantastic pun-fest!  ;-)

 

EDIT:

*At the football, that is.  I'm not quite teetotal, but I haven't been plastered since the '80's, and probably now average 3 units a month... double that if on holiday!  LOL!

Edited by Mucker1884
Open your eyes!

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I sometimes wonder if some of our epoxy fans think personal comfort and fancy prancy cocktail lounges mean mortar them than the quality of the football!  If this carries on, on here, I seriously think I'll throw in the trowel!

All we need is somewhere simple to get plastered, and bond with our mates.

TUT!  

Don't forget the kids and their mates!......plenty of bonding, ball pit perhaps?

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

when you nip for a quick toilet break during the match and you see people watching the game on the tv in the concourse with a pint downstairs 😂 never understood that !

Share this post


Link to post

Out of curiosity, is The Yard a decent pub? 

Always question it as I walk by and would like to try it at some point. Just wanted to get a feeling of what the others on here though about it?

Looks well kept and never heard any trouble in or around it.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Dcfcjames said:

when you nip for a quick toilet break during the match and you see people watching the game on the tv in the concourse with a pint downstairs 😂 never understood that !

Maybe they fancied a pint whilst watching the match

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Maybe they fancied a pint whilst watching the match

Maybe they’re alcoholics who can’t watch the match without a drink?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Maybe. Either way it's up to them how they spend their time.

True, I’ve seen them too on the very odd occasion I’ve had to check my bike tyre pressure during the match.

Its odd when you see it, but you’re correct, it’s up to them.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

True, I’ve seen them too on the very odd occasion I’ve had to check my bike tyre pressure during the match.

Its odd when you see it, but you’re correct, it’s up to them.

Aye, different strokes for different folks.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.