Tony Gale

PastRAMi

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

He  was exactly the same against Millwall so st least hes consistent lol

We were equally as awful against Milwall to be fair.

He didn't really have anything positive to say because apart from the goals there was nothing positive happening on the pitch.

We did not play well and I think his points were valid. Too much sideways and backwards passing much of which was innacurate, a lack of confidence and poor defending allowing too many crosses in to the box. Sounds fair enough to me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about it from his point of view. Everyone of his friends in the media said how what brilliant free flowing football Frank Lampard's Derby were playing and as a neutral he'd be expecting that before seeing the rubbish against Millwall. I'd certainly be disappointed if a team is hyped up and they failed to deliver. It's natural. We as fans were delighted at the win but the quality was poor. Poor passing, poor defending, poor dribbling, poor technical play, poor shooting apart from the goals. The brilliant goal by Bennett saved the game.

I've always wanted a job as a pundit on radio Nottingham "Notts forest... Dreadful... Awful... Oh Notts forest scored a goal.. Yey... But league one day's... Johnston paint trophy.. The level of the club... The decay of City ground... Poor, poor, negative still, he was fat and round and taking forest down, Joe kineere joking 'ere"

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Why do people get so upset about what was said? To be fair he was not that far off.

They are the same one's who get upset if anyone says we are not playing well, even us Derby fans.

Gale  is so irritating - negativity towards us....also he was banging On About how much we had spent - and clearly didn’t know the facts...

Worth the mute button alone - where do sky  pick these half wits up from.

Let's be honest, co commentating on the red button must be as low as it goes, particularly when he sees his mates in the Sky studios having a right good laugh. Must have upset somebody in senior management.

Seemed to be just as interested in dissing the empty seats......

I'm a bit biased because Tony Gale is a big supporter of a charity close to our hearts.

He always gives his time freely and seems a reasonable chap, albeit a bit stuck in the past like many of his fellow ex-footballers.

He has played at a good level and must despair at footballers, paid far more than he ever was, unable to do basic things like tackling and passing.

As a roughty-toughty type he seemed to have little time for the lightweights such as Wilson and Josefzoon.

Far easier to listen to than Ramage.

22 hours ago, PastRAMi said:

I know we didn't play great tonight but anyone watching on sky feel Tony Gale was overly negative towards derby. Didn't have a good word to say about us. 

Come on you rams!! 

He was a bit of a lummox as a player and ain't much better as a pundit. 

Archived