1 month to save the fans..

Smyth_18

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Got a very firm grip on my life thanks.

This has sparked a 7 page discussion with people on both sides of the fence. Exactly what is intended by a forum.

Apologies for being passionate about the club and opening a discussion.

7 pages eh ,, Job done then ,, Bris Vegas  will be quaking in his boots / turning in his grave 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Mate why are you worrying about renewal numbers ? They go up and down like a whores drawers at most REAL WORLD football clubs , just decide what it is YOU want/expect from buying a season ticket and if you get enough then buy one and if not then don’t ,, it’s that simple really ,, the rest is down to the owners and management to worry about 

In that case close the forum @David

Any discussion on the club is down to Frank & Mel from now on!

5 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

In that case close the forum @David

Any discussion on the club is down to Frank & Mel from now on!

God I hope he doesn’t close it as at times there’s real quality debate on here that most of us would miss,, then of course there’s the foot stamping toy throwing drivel/ trolling that if it goes past 2 pages is considered success by posters,

ps is most times is the exact same subject matter that is being discussed in 2 or 3 other threads that are already running but somehow needs a new thread by a new poster 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

7 pages eh ,, Job done then ,, Bris Vegas  will be quaking in his boots / turning in his grave 

Not done anything to be a wind up merchant just genuinely concerned and passionate and most responses have been good.

I'm all for constructive debate but the likes of yourself and @AdamRam don't seem capable of that. I don't know you and this is just an internet forum so have a great weekend!

Can see why some people can be put off posting their opinions at times.

3 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Not done anything to be a wind up merchant just genuinely concerned and passionate and most responses have been good.

I'm all for constructive debate but the likes of yourself and @AdamRam don't seem capable of that. I don't know you and this is just an internet forum so have a great weekend!

Most are passionate about the club so don’t be in the least surprised when every now and then somebody may get irritated  enough by the constant moaning  they give a bit back 

24 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Thanks b4 but the 340 quid dent in the account might say otherwise!

I will be renewing, despite there seemingly being so many more cons than pros in each column at the moment. I will continue to support as i have always done but i am very concerned by a fair few players at the club. I don't think a load of new signings is the answer either.

Look new manager learning his trade and we all need patinces even sometimes but a win on saturday change the mood.

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

God I hope he doesn’t close it as at times there’s real quality debate on here that most of us would miss,, then of course there’s the foot stamping toy throwing drivel/ trolling that if it goes past 2 pages is considered success by posters,

ps is most times is the exact same subject matter that is being discussed in 2 or 3 other threads that are already running but somehow needs a new thread by a new poster 

If a thread doesn't particularly interest you or you consider it drivel, perhaps you could not get involved in it or read? Maybe that might help. That's why I've pretty much ignored a thread titled 'Sack Frank' . So if some of this content is being discussed in there, now you know why.

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Most are passionate about the club so don’t be in the least surprised when every now and then somebody may get irritated  enough by the constant moaning  they give a bit back 

I haven't constantly moaned in the slightest. You haven't 'given a bit back', just basically accused me of being a WUM for being concerned. As well as telling me to simply get a grip. A lot on here seem to think it was a valid topic of conversation even if they don't particularly agree. Which I'm all for.

20 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

You started a thread saying one month to save the “fans”. I quote fans, as this means more than just you, and for some reason you have given a selection criteria that needs to be met for this to happen and season ticket sales not to dip. 

You then go on to claim that the players aren’t arsed, and don’t put the effort in, and that is the very least we deserved. Fair enough, if you feel that you pay your money and you aren’t getting that, as I said don’t renew, except you didn’t like that response because it’s not what you wanted to hear.

However the biggest thing for me is that you are claiming to be speaking for fans when this isn’t true, it is your opinion, one that I don’t share, and therefore when someone posts something that annoys me I will respond saying as such.

My son is on the books of a certain club, and it’s people like you who make me think twice about him continuing down that route. He may one day be in a position that he has just lost a game or is coming off a bad season and someone accuses him of not caring or not trying hard enough, when the reality is that he has just played a team or a manager that is better than him, or even that he may not be good enough for what is required, or they deserve something because they have put themselves into debt to watch him. I know if it was me in my job I’d be pretty pissed off at such an accusation and it might have an impact on my mental health, so just because you pay your money, no I don’t think you have the right to make such assumptions, once again sorry if that upsets you but that’s a forum for you.

There is an ignore button, put me on that if you wish and then you can’t see the replies, I honestly won’t be offended. ? 

On 26/02/2019 at 14:47, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Depends whether you're comparing Hughes to Adam Bolder exciting or Asanovic/Eranio/Kinkladze exciting.

Good player, but hardly an electric turn of pace, mesmerising skill or even a sodding shot!

If you think Hughes drawing in a foul because he didn't have pace to get away from anyone was exciting then you must be loving watching Huddlestone (who by the way has a better passing range than Hughes) run through treacle.

Hughes is just the best player to come out of our academy - and definitely not exciting to watch on the whole.

Agree.  Great little footballer, plenty of skill and a lovely eye for a pass.  But I wouldnt say he constantly got me out of my seat..  kinda like a Xavi as opposed to a Messi...not saying he wasn't good, just not in the same group as an Asanovic, Wanchope or Baiano.

Funnily enough a Liverpool fan asked me today 'who was our best player...the fan's favourite '..... I was stumped really  ..  I wouldnt say there was individual 'I would pay to watch '.

23 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You started a thread saying one month to save the “fans”. I quote fans, as this means more than just you, and for some reason you have given a selection criteria that needs to be met for this to happen and season ticket sales not to dip. 

You then go on to claim that the players aren’t arsed, and don’t put the effort in, and that is the very least we deserved. Fair enough, if you feel that you pay your money and you aren’t getting that, as I said don’t renew, except you didn’t like that response because it’s not what you wanted to hear.

However the biggest thing for me is that you are claiming to be speaking for fans when this isn’t true, it is your opinion, one that I don’t share, and therefore when someone posts something that annoys me I will respond saying as such.

My son is on the books of a certain club, and it’s people like you who make me think twice about him continuing down that route. He may one day be in a position that he has just lost a game or is coming off a bad season and someone accuses him of not caring or not trying hard enough, when the reality is that he has just played a team or a manager that is better than him, or even that he may not be good enough for what is required, or they deserve something because they have put themselves into debt to watch him. I know if it was me in my job I’d be pretty pissed off at such an accusation and it might have an impact on my mental health, so just because you pay your money, no I don’t think you have the right to make such assumptions, once again sorry if that upsets you but that’s a forum for you.

There is an ignore button, put me on that if you wish and then you can’t see the replies, I honestly won’t be offended. ? 

The majority of that is a constructive reply which you could have responded with in the first place.

I've missed more than I've seen so far this season, so I'm in two minds myself.

Do I renew now, or wait until the last day and renew?

In theory I'd be better off buying tickets per match, but I'm also buying for my lad who turns 21 in October. This makes the maths less clear cut, thanks to the healthy discount on 18-22 season tickets, which isn't available on match day tickets. Another bonus is the date the club use for working out categories, Sept 1st, this means we can get the discount for another 3 seasons to come.

Handily enough, we've got a free Saturday coming up due to the international break, anyone else in two minds about renewing take the missus out for the day shopping.

Maybe start off with coffee and a Danish before being marched round the Intu for an afternoon, you'll get the same feeling of disappointment as going to the match, when she decides the shoes she really wants are in the first shop you've visited not the 10th, but without the buzz of alcohol to lessen the pain!

3 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

Your thread title and comments don’t warrant anything constructive

Don't really see that.

What we do see is a lot of comments like this that don't add anything to discussion from the 'holier than thou' brigade. Let's all meet in the middle somewhere and chat about a valid topic for a change instead of the superfan ******** people are so happy to parade. 

Archived