1 month to save the fans..

Smyth_18

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

I agree about Hughes being exciting but I don't see why you need to go in on the offense again.

People having certain opinions different to yours doesn't make them a moron or mad. 

I don’t believe either the poster or the person sat next to him were a moron based upon their opinion, that was my inner ?.

It was a pre emptive strike to highlight this, why for example is it ok to call someone a moron and then be offended by someone labelling that same person the same for a different opinion. Hypothetically speaking of course as I was not actually saying either of them were morons as it’s a horrible term and not one that should be associated with football opinions ?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I really shouldn’t say this as I have upset enough today BUT

if you didn’t think Hughes was exciting to watch then maybe the moron wasn’t in the next seat.

Depends whether you're comparing Hughes to Adam Bolder exciting or Asanovic/Eranio/Kinkladze exciting.

Good player, but hardly an electric turn of pace, mesmerising skill or even a sodding shot!

If you think Hughes drawing in a foul because he didn't have pace to get away from anyone was exciting then you must be loving watching Huddlestone (who by the way has a better passing range than Hughes) run through treacle.

Hughes is just the best player to come out of our academy - and definitely not exciting to watch on the whole.

6 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Depends whether you're comparing Hughes to Adam Bolder exciting or Asanovic/Eranio/Kinkladze exciting.

Good player, but hardly an electric turn of pace, mesmerising skill or even a sodding shot!

If you think Hughes drawing in a foul because he didn't have pace to get away from anyone was exciting then you must be loving watching Huddlestone (who by the way has a better passing range than Hughes) run through treacle.

Hughes is just the best player to come out of our academy - and definitely not exciting to watch on the whole.

Genuine question, when did you stop watching the Rans ?

As for Hughes, we will have to differ as for me he was, if not more exciting than each of the players you mention.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Genuine question, when did you stop watching the Rans ?

As for Hughes, we will have to differ as for me he was, if not more exciting than each of the players you mention.

Not had a ticket for the past two seasons, so only watching on the tele and occasional home game. Not been this season.

Don't get me wrong. Hughes was good for us and the play-off final season he pulled all the strings, but that was his neat passing. So really he's comparable to Huddlestone. As well as he's doing at Watford, he's not someone you look for on MOTD unless you're a Derby fan.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

...however my view won’t change that if you are only going because what happens if you miss out, then the best decision is to walk away as there is a good chance this time next year may be the same, and the one after that etc...

At the end of my first ever game, we were presented with a very handsome, and very shiny, big goblet thing, and were introduced to the world as "The best football team in England".

... I have been going to matches ever since, just in case it happens again, as I don't want to miss out!

Should I walk away, after nigh on 44 years?   

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

At the end of my first ever game, we were presented with a very handsome, and very shiny, big goblet thing, and were introduced to the world as "The best football team in England".

... I have been going to matches ever since, just in case it happens again, as I don't want to miss out!

Should I walk away, after nigh on 44 years?   

No duck off, you sound  like a right glory hunter to me ?

5 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

As much as it hurts to say it, i am genuinely reconsidering whether to renew my season ticket.

I'm sick of everything to do with the club;

- The new players coming in saying we are a ready made premier league club and offering absolutely nothing to get us there. Some fans are of the impression that this was always going to be a season for stability. Why does every player coming in talk about promotion being the immediate goal? It's all the manager talks about too and bringing in a 38 year old only backs that up. The fans will obviously be upset when we fail on the goals set by the players and management themselves.

- The constant call from the fans to sack the manager when it clearly isn't the source of the problem as we've been through so many.

- Tactics. What do we actually do in training? We only seem to have one plan. To play it out from the back and little else after that. We have got worse and worse in terms of tempo. Very early on in the season you could see that our defence weren't capable of playing from the back and the midfield had no capability of increasing the tempo and actually creating.

- I put myself into a small debt to not enjoy myself. If a player was asked, 'why should the fans renew their season tickets', they'd say they need our support. I give my support season after season and it makes no difference to them. Why should we pay to support them when they're not arsed? We pay to enjoy ourselves and be entertained, or at the very least see people working hard for our football club.

- i know it's only football but supporting this club seriously isn't good for mental health. We have no control over what happens. I was embarrassed last night how much it affected my mood. On a Saturday i could possibly control my own happiness by going for a long run/ walk or simply spending time with my family.

The only saving graces for me at the moment are;

- I get to spend quality time with my brother just me and him, but i'm sure we can find something else where we are not spending half the time moaning.

- The big one..... What if? What if next season is our year? What if it is and i miss it after all these years?

And that will be enough to make me renew & slightly struggle to finance.

But there will be a lot of fans out there who have simply given up, and i wouldn't blame them one bit.

Hear what u saying buddy

I think I may with a very heavy heart stop after this season 

slightly more personal reasons but my dad passed away just before Xmas and it was always me and him that would go and have done since I was a boy.

win, lose or draw we’d always have something to dissect, fall out over , annaylse or chat about pre and post game

now that’s gone for me, my two brothers are based in Bristol and can only occasionally make games so like u with your brother that quality time has gone for me with my dad.

part of me wants to carry it on in his name and I will, but with the current situation or last few years rather I’m struggling to find he motivation to go on my Todd and endure 

Genuinely not sure what to do 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Hear what u saying buddy

slightly more personal reasons but my dad passed away just before Xmas and it was always me and him that would go and have done since I was a boy.

win, lose or draw we’d always have something to dissect, fall out over , annaylse or chat about pre and post game

now that’s gone for me, my two brothers are based in Bristol and can only occasionally make games so like u with your brother that quality time has gone for me with my dad.

part of me wants to carry it on in his name and I will, but with the current situation or last few years rather I’m struggling to find he motivation to go on my Todd and endure 

Sorry for your loss.

For me football is so much more than the results, I’m lucky to be able to share that experience with good friends, hopefully you will find someone to carry that experience on with, if not then I hope you find something else to occupy your time and fill the gap.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Sorry for your loss.

For me football is so much more than the results, I’m lucky to be able to share that experience with good friends, hopefully you will find someone to carry that experience on with, if not then I hope you find something else to occupy your time and fill the gap.

Thanks for the kind words mate 

i think between my dad passing and derby being in transition / limbo I need a break 

will obviously still go when I can, watch them, live them, breath them but I need to find a new normal  

8 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Ok it’s relative. I go with about 10 people every week. Seven aren’t renewing. In that group that’s a lot. May be not replicated wider, but may be. But because they’re not going I’m now considering as frankly if all I went for was the football I’d have stopped a long time ago. 

Overall you’re probably right and numbers won’t be hugely affected across the board. I’m feeling it at a ‘local’ level though.

What is the main reason VR, continual disappointment, style of football, or just combination of financial etc.? 

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Hear what u saying buddy

Really sorry to hear that, my condolences. That's a huge part of going, the camaraderie, the in depth conversations after and it's to be expected it doesn't feel quite the same for you. In time hopefully you really enjoy going again and he'll be sat next to you in spirit

2 hours ago, goldstar said:

Really sorry to hear that, my condolences. That's a huge part of going, the camaraderie, the in depth conversations after and it's to be expected it doesn't feel quite the same for you. In time hopefully you really enjoy going again and he'll be sat next to you in spirit

Thankyou for the kind words mate, means a lot 

he will be that’s for sure 

22 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

As much as it hurts to say it, i am genuinely reconsidering whether to renew my season ticket.

I'm sick of everything to do with the club;

- The new players coming in saying we are a ready made premier league club and offering absolutely nothing to get us there. Some fans are of the impression that this was always going to be a season for stability. Why does every player coming in talk about promotion being the immediate goal? It's all the manager talks about too and bringing in a 38 year old only backs that up. The fans will obviously be upset when we fail on the goals set by the players and management themselves.

- The constant call from the fans to sack the manager when it clearly isn't the source of the problem as we've been through so many.

- Tactics. What do we actually do in training? We only seem to have one plan. To play it out from the back and little else after that. We have got worse and worse in terms of tempo. Very early on in the season you could see that our defence weren't capable of playing from the back and the midfield had no capability of increasing the tempo and actually creating.

- I put myself into a small debt to not enjoy myself. If a player was asked, 'why should the fans renew their season tickets', they'd say they need our support. I give my support season after season and it makes no difference to them. Why should we pay to support them when they're not arsed? We pay to enjoy ourselves and be entertained, or at the very least see people working hard for our football club.

- i know it's only football but supporting this club seriously isn't good for mental health. We have no control over what happens. I was embarrassed last night how much it affected my mood. On a Saturday i could possibly control my own happiness by going for a long run/ walk or simply spending time with my family.

The only saving graces for me at the moment are;

- I get to spend quality time with my brother just me and him, but i'm sure we can find something else where we are not spending half the time moaning.

- The big one..... What if? What if next season is our year? What if it is and i miss it after all these years?

And that will be enough to make me renew & slightly struggle to finance.

But there will be a lot of fans out there who have simply given up, and i wouldn't blame them one bit.

It’s the hope that kills us. Hang in there, this time next year we’ll be millionaires Rodney.

Anyway what else are you going to do on a Saturday? Run??? Spend time with family???  Get a grip man..............COYR 

Family comes first,  £340 is a lot of money to a young family. I gave up my season ticket in 1990 when my first born was 1yr old, i also gave up going out 6 nights out of 7 playing for various pool teams, doesn't make me any less of a fan, and I can pick and choose when i want to go to matches. Family comes first. 

Archived