1 month to save the fans..

Smyth_18

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:19, AdamRam said:

Best Derby youth academy player to be produced by the club, now performing week in and out at a club battling for Europe. 

Whats not to miss ?

I miss Hendrick more .  Best player our academy has produced in the last twenty years was Barnes . Injury and a big head ruined him .

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I miss Hendrick more .  Best player our academy has produced in the last twenty years was Barnes . Injury and a big head ruined him .

Both Hendrick and Barnes were good, Hendrick though I don’t class as our youth product.  

Barnes may have had the potential, however he never reached the peaks that Hughes has, had injuries  not kicked in then maybe, however for that reason imo  Hughes who will continue to progress is easily our best youth product.

16 hours ago, Archied said:

Go with your gut feeling mate ,it can’t be wrong as you will either go to keep the closeness and memories you experienced with your dad somehow closer or you will stop if just for a while it will honour the fact that it’s not the same without him to share , neither is wrong ,, 

though I go away games I’ve only been back to pride park twice since I lost my daughter who had season tickets with , first time was bloody hard work second a bit easier so who knows in a few years I may get another season ticket , hard to say though

Such kind words, iv messaged u mate 

9 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Don't really see that.

What we do see is a lot of comments like this that don't add anything to discussion from the 'holier than thou' brigade. Let's all meet in the middle somewhere and chat about a valid topic for a change instead of the superfan ******** people are so happy to parade. 

I don’t see anyone claiming to be a super fan, that just seems to be a defense mechanism jibe. This and the sack Frank threads for example are going to attract criticism mainly because of the titles and content of the post that followed it.

If your looking for middle ground and discussion to follow, maybe try advocating that posters think twice before clicking the create thread button, being critical is fine, making it personal or claiming to be the fans view isn’t, however is allowed and will attract comments that attack or rubbish the post.

Imagine if one of us super fans created a post saying this was the best season ever, fans should be queuing to renew blah blah blah, it would quite rightly be met with derision, same with this one.

Sith Happens

I won't ever make the decision not to renew based on performances or success.

This is the first time we have questioned if to renew and its not results its a combination of factors.

My dad is 81 this year, and obviously not getting younger. We have both over the last couple of seasons decided to watch at home for an evening game when televised. At least two or three times each season.

Add to that traffic seems bad this season, with the closure of toys r us and the fireplace car park more are parking west of the ground. I think people leaving early is worse because of this.

I just get no enjoyment from sitting for ages in traffic when last season we were away much quicker. I can't bring myself to leave early though.

We will renew this time I think. But pretty sure there will be those occasions on a freezing winters night we don't bother and watch on TV instead.

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

If your looking for middle ground and discussion to follow, maybe try advocating that posters think twice before clicking the create thread button, being critical is fine, making it personal or claiming to be the fans view isn’t, however is allowed and will attract comments that attack or rubbish the post.

How would you do that though, do you advocate that the moderators only allow members to be able to create a new thread once all of their previous posts have been vetted to ensure that they are toeing the company line regards their content? Aren't you therefore limiting the right of free speech and opinion on here.

What is obvious to yourself might not be obvious to another poster.  

As you quite correctly said there is an ignore button on here, no one is compelling yourself to enter into the dialogue on this thread yet skimming through the last few pages you persistently have jumped back in, if it's bothering you that much why not just let it go and start a more constructive thread of your own?

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

How would you do that though, do you advocate that the moderators only allow members to be able to create a new thread once all of their previous posts have been vetted to ensure that they are toeing the company line regards their content? Aren't you therefore limiting the right of free speech and opinion on here.

What is obvious to yourself might not be obvious to another poster.  

As you quite correctly said there is an ignore button on here, no one is compelling yourself to enter into the dialogue on this thread yet skimming through the last few pages you persistently have jumped back in, if it's bothering you that much why not just let it go and start a more constructive thread of your own?

It’s not bothering me, I was replying to a post earlier about super fans. All I’m saying is that if these sort of threads are created, it will attract comments that ridicule the content, as long as the thread creator accepts this, then I see no problem.

Unfortunately I have a bit more time on my hands than normal, hence why I keep jumping in, normally I wouldn’t so take  that point on board ?

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t see anyone claiming to be a super fan, that just seems to be a defense mechanism jibe. This and the sack Frank threads for example are going to attract criticism mainly because of the titles and content of the post that followed it.

Imagine if one of us super fans created a post saying this was the best season ever, fans should be queuing to renew blah blah blah, it would quite rightly be met with derision, same with this one.

I don't think you have to categorically say you're a superfan to portray the high ground stance people take, quite achievable from comments like I quoted. It's not the first post I've quoted this week with an angle like that, I just don't get why we don't just discuss it instead of jumping the gun. 

This thread is nothing like Sack Frank. One's a mindless comment that he/she probably regrets now, one is someone's personal feelings and circumstances. The title might be hasty but the content definitely isn't. Pretty similar to the SBW podcast that people were crying about, turned out to be some really good DCFC discussion. 

Your last comment is quite funny considering the threads made before Christmas. Those threads are all there. Why wouldn't they be though, after the run we were on. Add balance in any of those threads and you're a 'wrist slasher'. Yet it's quite alright to put threads like this down without adding any sort of content when they're quite justified by our recent slump. People can't seem to take the rough with the smooth. I don't think we'll ever see balance on here tbh. 

I really enjoy this forum, but sometimes I think instead of having a calm and measured discussion, people snap at an opinion slightly different from theirs. The original post was perfectly understandable, and while it may not be how I or someone else feels, there's no need to be so bloody antagonistic. We're all different, if we were all the same and had the same opinions it would be a boring forum but Jesus, no need for how bitchy people get?

For me I try not to say too much on the over positive posts or the over negative one s but every now and then I do chip In On an overly dramatic doom and gloom one in a kind of get a grip way ,I tend not to do that on the overly positive ones cause I kind of feel that I don’t want to pee on anybody’s chips and bring them down if they feeling good and positive , fair ? Maybe not but it’s just the way I’m wired

Some fairly decent well expressed views on this thread actually.. from both sides.  I get annoyed when people jump on any criticism, cos what's the point of a forum if you can only say 'I support the team, onto the next game '.

However, expressed here quite coherently is the opposing view.. ie have a moan, but expect to get shot down.   Imagine if opposition fans came on and said some of the stuff about the players, team, manager, atmosphere etc that our own fans do! 

What we need to do is stop being so precious I think..   expect to get shot down.. but take it in good heart like with your mates and move on, instead of bickering and taking offence like a married couple.

I first had a season ticket 30 years ago as 15 year old (have one now also) and have twice had a “gap/rest”.

Had 2 seasons off in around the John Gregory era when pissed of with high earning low quality Ravanelli squad.

Had 1 season off about 5 years ago when my dad died and didn’t know if I wanted to go without him. (Re Started with my brother in law).

On balance it is craper wondering the shops or other Saturday activitys than the prospects of watching live football, whether the team is decent (as it has been more seasons and than not) or mediocre.

Current team is not that bad in my opinion and quietly looking forward to the prospect of some of the u23/u18’s breaking through next year as there appears to be more quality there than there has been for some time.

UP THE RAMS. 

47 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Some fairly decent well expressed views on this thread actually.. from both sides.  I get annoyed when people jump on any criticism, cos what's the point of a forum if you can only say 'I support the team, onto the next game '.

However, expressed here quite coherently is the opposing view.. ie have a moan, but expect to get shot down.   Imagine if opposition fans came on and said some of the stuff about the players, team, manager, atmosphere etc that our own fans do! 

What we need to do is stop being so precious I think..   expect to get shot down.. but take it in good heart like with your mates and move on, instead of bickering and taking offence like a married couple.

You make some good points.

It's fine to disagree, have some banter and put your point across, but getting irate that someone has an opposing view and being nasty is uncalled for. We come here for a laugh and a bit of a moan, it's not that deep?

5 hours ago, Inglorius said:

It's why I have him and others on ignore. They just seem to like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Not sure whether to renew as job is at risk and the cost may not be justifiable.

if i could fiddle RamsTV like most of you I might just watch that.

i hate listening to radio derby though. 

Just the thought of that is enough to make me renew.

7 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Both Hendrick and Barnes were good, Hendrick though I don’t class as our youth product.  

Barnes may have had the potential, however he never reached the peaks that Hughes has, had injuries  not kicked in then maybe, however for that reason imo  Hughes who will continue to progress is easily our best youth product.

Did I miss something here.  Thought Hendrick came through from our reserves to coin an old term .  Will have to agree to disagree on Barnes .  I remember that goal away at Sunderland in 2007 where he turned two players inside out.  Keane who was manager at the time said only the very best young players at the top clubs could do that kind of thing . 

47 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Did I miss something here.  Thought Hendrick came through from our reserves to coin an old term .  Will have to agree to disagree on Barnes .  I remember that goal away at Sunderland in 2007 where he turned two players inside out.  Keane who was manager at the time said only the very best young players at the top clubs could do that kind of thing . 

Depends what you term youth producti suppose, he was 15 or 16 I think when he joined us from his home country.

I like Barnes, and was at that game but yup agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Do we still think everything I have said is nonsense @AdamRam @Archied etc?

This is ducking hurting and i'm sorry I can't just stand by and accept it. We're getting worse rapidly and you think everybody will still renew?

We do deserve better than this FFS

Yes, Don’t know, don’t care I will be. Next question ?

Archived