1 month to save the fans..

Smyth_18

32 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'll be there next season and every season after that as long as I'm physically able to attend or can afford to attend.

As much as I love to see Derby play attractive winning football, that doesn't have any bearing on my support for my club or I would have quit in the late 70's, early 80's.

I would suggest that people that only want to support a winning stylish team go and support Man city or whoever takes over from them in the future.

Again, i addressed this. It's not about the style of football in any way.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Ok it’s relative. I go with about 10 people every week. Seven aren’t renewing. In that group that’s a lot. May be not replicated wider, but may be. But because they’re not going I’m now considering as frankly if all I went for was the football I’d have stopped a long time ago. 

Overall you’re probably right and numbers won’t be hugely affected across the board. I’m feeling it at a ‘local’ level though.

Maybe not true of the people around you but I reckon there are a good number of fans who say they'll not renew, especially during a bad patch such as this, but when the time comes they'll buy one. 

Knew we'd get the thick or thin, win lose or draw lot on. 

Fantastic if that is your perspective. 

But please bear in mind, i have also supported the club through thick and thin, and always will. Just possibly not as a season ticket holder. Which will hurt.

I have a child turning 2 in the next couple of weeks. 340 quid is a lot of money to a young family. The very least i expect to see is a team trying their very hardest on the pitch. I know i am not seeing that at the moment. You could see last night coming a mile off. They wanted it more before a ball was kicked.

I made it clear that i probably will renew anyway despite not really having too much of a reason to. Yes, thick and thin bla bla bla. But supporting a group of players who aren't arsed shouldn't be a 2nd job which i have the privilege to pay for. Our support seems to fall on deaf ears anyway.

'Nothing without U'.... 'Nothing with or without u' seems more apt at the moment.

You buy a ticket to watch a football match, there are no guarantees offered about winning or losing, promotion or relegation. 

If you buy a ticket expecting success then I would say that you're an idiot, for the last 20 years we've failed, apart from once and even that was doomed to fail the following season. 

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

And I addressed your post, I don’t blame you if you give up, in fact please feel free to do so ?

You have literally no reason to be an ******** to me. You don't know my circumstances, i don't know yours.

But one thing i do know is that i am as much a fan as you are, just one who is less judgmental of other peoples circumstances.

6 minutes ago, curb said:

You buy a ticket to watch a football match, there are no guarantees offered about winning or losing, promotion or relegation. 

If you buy a ticket expecting success then I would say that you're an idiot, for the last 20 years we've failed, apart from once and even that was doomed to fail the following season. 

I don't understand how so many people seem to be missing the point here. Thought i was pretty clear. Apologies if not.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

If you aren’t enjoying it (and don’t think you will) don’t buy a season ticket; if you are enjoying it (or think you will) then buy a season ticket (assuming you can afford it... and if you can’t then don’t ).  Not that complicated.

I want to see us do well, but my buying of a ticket is not predicated on where we are in the league, what league we are in, what my expectations are, how much information the club is giving me about their plans, whether or not we are bringing youngsters through, whether we’ve signed too many old/young/loan signings, how much or little we’ve spent etc.  I buy a season ticket because I support DCFC and I enjoy going to the footy.  Until I’m too skint, too old or too far away to enjoy it anymore then I’ll be getting one.

You sound like Nanny McPhee

5 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

You have literally no reason to be an ******** to me. You don't know my circumstances, i don't know yours.

But one thing i do know is that i am as much a fan as you are, just one who is less judgmental of other peoples circumstances.

Apologies if it comes across as being a knob to you, however that is not my intention, I don’t know you and can only judge by what you post. I could lie and say I agree with you, however I don’t, I believe that the forum meltdown that has accumulated in last nights defeat is an over reaction. Not the criticism, I get that, but the “sack him”, “he may get another job and therefore isn’t loyal” “he stands with his hands in his pockets” posts, that make us look like glory hunting supporters willing to give up on our manager half way though a season. 

I’m sure if you renew you will as most do support the team, however my view won’t change that if you are only going because what happens if you miss out, then the best decision is to walk away as there is a good chance this time next year may be the same, and the one after that etc...

3 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

- The big one..... What if? What if next season is our year? What if it is and i miss it after all these years?

Four years ago I brought me and my son our first season tickets, around Feb time when we were in the top three - because I thought, what if we're promoted and my son will get to see all those amazing Premier League players. Exciting.

We didn't go up, so I half-enjoyed a season next to a bloke who constantly moaned. In Feb I renewed but moved seats. The football got worse and I again found myself close by to a moron who had absolutely no idea about football and was wound up from the second minute.

The moments where we were genuinely entertained (by either team playing) were rare and my lad wanted to go home at 70 mins every week. We didn't renew and I've since spent my time doing better things with my children.

Do you know, even if we had one player who showed glimpses of skill and excited the crowd I'd have been happy. But we haven't had one of those players for many years (don't even think to tell me Hughes was exciting to watch). Football is almost dead now. Even if there are characters in the game they soon get washed out by FA and club rules, or they're so rich that they themselves find other interests outside of football that occupy their minds.

Sad to say it, but football is purely a results business now. The only entertainment you will find is at Man City, Barca, etc. But you can't just change your team can you - you can choose whether you waste money watching 11 players go through the motions though.

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Apologies if it comes across as being a knob to you, however that is not my intention, I don’t know you and can only judge by what you post. I could lie and say I agree with you, however I don’t, I believe that the forum meltdown that has accumulated in last nights defeat is an over reaction. Not the criticism, I get that, but the “sack him”, “he may get another job and therefore isn’t loyal” “he stands with his hands in his pockets” posts, that make us look like glory hunting supporters willing to give up on our manager half way though a season. 

It definitely does come across as being a knob to me and can't see how that hasn't been your intention.. the point you follow with has nothing to do with me as i was also having a dig at people calling for Frank to be sacked. That is part of the problem.

Trying to encourage me not to renew my season ticket is exactly that, being a knob. When i came up with many legitimate reasons not to.. after all of that i conceded that i probably still will anyway.

I don't expect to be promoted. It's the players and management who have been talking that up & then not backing it up with any real effort or plan. Again, i don't blame Lampard. If they played how he asked, we'd be flying. He has a lot to learn and i have time for that.

3 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

It definitely does come across as being a knob to me and can't see how that hasn't been your intention.. the point you follow with has nothing to do with me as i was also having a dig at people calling for Frank to be sacked. That is part of the problem.

Trying to encourage me not to renew my season ticket is exactly that, being a knob. When i came up with many legitimate reasons not to.. after all of that i conceded that i probably still will anyway.

I don't expect to be promoted. It's the players and management who have been talking that up & then not backing it up with any real effort or plan. Again, i don't blame Lampard. If they played how he asked, we'd be flying. He has a lot to learn and i have time for that.

I'm with you. See my last post. I had the same dilemma and I'm now a Derby fan, not a supporter.

All we need is one player who 'might' do something amazing (Kinkladze, Le Tissier) for me to want to return. No guarantees they would do something amazing, but I'd still looking forward to seeing if they did.

Pass, Pass, Pass has just got stupidly boring and in the Championship you have to have Plans A-E to adapt to the many different styles. When you have Plan A alone you can almost guarantee that you won't be entertained even in the slightest.

15 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I will definitely have to back out of this one as it’s confusing me (not difficult I know). You post on a forum saying you are reconsidering renewing, then appear to get upset when I tell you I agree with you, you shouldn’t.

I renew every year, regardless of division, manager owner players or even fans, doesn’t make me a great fan or anything however if I posted this on a forum asking for peoples views and if some said I was mad, it’s probably what I’d expect.

58 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Four years ago I brought me and my son our first season tickets, around Feb time when we were in the top three - because I thought, what if we're promoted and my son will get to see all those amazing Premier League players. Exciting.

We didn't go up, so I half-enjoyed a season next to a bloke who constantly moaned. In Feb I renewed but moved seats. The football got worse and I again found myself close by to a moron who had absolutely no idea about football and was wound up from the second minute.

The moments where we were genuinely entertained (by either team playing) were rare and my lad wanted to go home at 70 mins every week. We didn't renew and I've since spent my time doing better things with my children.

Do you know, even if we had one player who showed glimpses of skill and excited the crowd I'd have been happy. But we haven't had one of those players for many years (don't even think to tell me Hughes was exciting to watch). Football is almost dead now. Even if there are characters in the game they soon get washed out by FA and club rules, or they're so rich that they themselves find other interests outside of football that occupy their minds.

Sad to say it, but football is purely a results business now. The only entertainment you will find is at Man City, Barca, etc. But you can't just change your team can you - you can choose whether you waste money watching 11 players go through the motions though.

This is a very honest post.

I / we've had a season tickets since the 13/14 season, all due to my 7 year old in Oct 2012 coming home from school with a leaflet for cheap tickets in the North stand after Rammy had been to his school on a visit. To cut a long story short, he's now 13 and from halfway through last season he's had no interest in coming to the games anymore. I kept the junior ram ticket for this season for my youngest who's 8 and he comes with me to weekend games. 

My problem is prior to Oct 2012 I had no allegiance to the mighty Rams and I only went along because my son showed an interest in his local footy club which I thought was great. I got hooked (sadly) and now he's not bothered, my youngest I think only goes because I bribe him with a hot chocolate at HT. I'm in a dilemma of pumping another £600+ to come home at 5.30pm most other Saturday's between August and May in a foul mood...!

1 hour ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

I really shouldn’t say this as I have upset enough today BUT

if you didn’t think Hughes was exciting to watch then maybe the moron wasn’t in the next seat.

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I really shouldn’t say this as I have upset enough today BUT

if you didn’t think Hughes was exciting to watch then maybe the moron wasn’t in the next seat.

I agree about Hughes being exciting but I don't see why you need to go in on the offense again.

People having certain opinions different to yours doesn't make them a moron or mad. 

Archived