Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

I’m still bit ambivalent on Malone or in who will suit us best at left back.

Lowe still needs to develop, Fozzy will he ever get fit enough and then we have Malone. What I did notice was a few stray passes but as has been alluded to, was that down to s lack of movement and options in front of him? So then he just tried to force something to happen knowing a backwards or sideways ball would have the crowd on his back. Be interesting to know his pass completion rate?

I’d like Lowe to have a chance Tuesday because he also did ok on his wrong foot when he came on not because Malone did anything massively wrong. The point about having Clarke alongside is well made and I don’t think Malone will leave us exposed too much as first few games, Clarke seems to cover well and add much needed stability to the back line.

Malone though I think he's one of those players fans see flaws easier than the good points; maybe why he’s moved around a fair bit in his career.

I fear Fozzy is not going to make it. Shame, but the injury will now be always upper most in his mind.  Lowe could make it, and become a top class player, but look at him last year when he played for us - struggling because of the very same issues I mentioned above.  If Lowe is good enough I have no problem him being in before Malone. We do need the system that Cocu is shaping up though for both to flourish. I do hope Bielik is as good as being reported on here.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I fear Fozzy is not going to make it. Shame, but the injury will now be always upper most in his mind.  Lowe could make it, and become a top class player, but look at him last year when he played for us - struggling because of the very same issues I mentioned above.  If Lowe is good enough I have no problem him being in before Malone. We do need the system that Cocu is shaping up though for both to flourish. I do hope Bielik is as good as being reported on here.

I have been a big supporter of Forsyth but his injuries are a worry but long term I want lowe to do well for us so I am willing to give him lots of chances this season ( I wasn’t last season) malone is decent and scores a few goals but he moves on every two years so I expect him to share the position with lowe.

I agree with most on here, I fear Forsyth has had one injury to many, which is a great shame, now Malone is not my favourite player by any means, but giving him the abuse some gave him in the east stand is wrong, it will not help matters, they did the same to Lawrence last year, and he struggled at pride park because of it, like he did at times yesterday, so please please think before you act, when the game is being played let's all get behind the team because this does him with performance. And Malone was not the worst player on the pitch yesterday, but when the abuse started he got worse, could not string one pass together.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

When Bogle is fit again, I'd like to see Lowe play over Malone. I don't really rate Malone. He always looks really awkward on the ball, and his passing was pretty shocking at times in the game. 

I'm still not sure what Lowe offers that Malone doesn't.

We saw yesterday how raw his talent is, running into trouble and giving away unnecessarily free kicks. He will be good but he's not first choice for me.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm still not sure what Lowe offers that Malone doesn't.

We saw yesterday how raw his talent is, running into trouble and giving away unnecessarily free kicks. He will be good but he's not first choice for me.

You're judging him from his game on the wrong side, in which he still played better than Malone did. Malone loses the ball, isn't that great at going forward, Malone is better at heading and defensive positioning, something Lowe can learn. 

Malone spends a huge amount of energy telling all his team mates what they should be doing all the time. Like they don't know what they are doing but he does. 

Maybe he should focus on his own game, which is far from perfect. 

That could endear him more to our own fans

As opposed to screaming at them when all they want is for the team to try to win

Rarely ends well when a player wants to take on his own fans

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Malone spends a huge amount of energy telling all his team mates what they should be doing all the time. Like they don't know what they are doing but he does. 

Maybe he should focus on his own game, which is far from perfect. 

That could endear him more to our own fans

As opposed to screaming at them when all they want is for the team to try to win

Rarely ends well when a player wants to take on his own fans

To say he was screaming is ridiculous. There's a disproportionate number of whingeing fans in the East Stand and things might improve if they gave a bit more support when players are struggling - after all isn't that what 'supporters' are meant to do?

Far too much criticism of malone. He’s a decent full back and how some people can suggest he isn’t decent going forward is idiotic imo  

Seem to remember Chris Baird giving the fans some. Most of which went home crying to mummy on RD or wet their pants on social media. Like they knew better than a pro who had played god knows how many games and bags of international caps 

We’ve got a good squad with good players.

Sometimes there is no one to blame. 

27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

To say he was screaming is ridiculous. There's a disproportionate number of whingeing fans in the East Stand and things might improve if they gave a bit more support when players are struggling - after all isn't that what 'supporters' are meant to do?

Any evidence for this statement ? 

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Evidence no opinion yes. I've been in there since we moved to Pride Park and that's enough for me.

Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing for you 

It’s a shame you can’t back up your statement .

oh dear , oh dear , oh dear 

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing for you 

It’s a shame you can’t back up your statement .

oh dear , oh dear , oh dear 

As usual with most of your posts it's you who's embarrassing yourself. Out of interest and to share with the rest of the posters, what evidence do you have that Malone spends a huge amount of energy telling team mates what to do - or is that just your opinion?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

As usual with most of your posts it's you who's embarrassing yourself. Out of interest and to share with the rest of the posters, what evidence do you have that Malone spends a huge amount of energy telling team mates what to do - or is that just your opinion?

So you’ve given up on proving your point ?

Hilarious 

23 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

BobbyD - the embarassing poster that keeps on giving ????

This is marvellous 

The loser poster who gives up on making any legitimate decisions in favour of their statement 

you couldn’t make it up 

Thanks from all of uv us for making this Sunday highly so hilarious

And please ..., keep going . That would be so great for all of us ....

We are all waiting for you......

Archived