Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

4 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

This has been the same case every time he's played for us....

But we still don't win with him in the team. Didn't really have much of a choice today to play him.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Max Lowe here next season. Thought he looked quality pre-season and was very surprised to see him go out on loan.

Max Lowe was too naive defensively to be a Champ level LB for this season I’m afraid, maybe his time at Aberdeen will have improved his game. Personally I dont see a role for him here as a LB I think he’d make a better left mid/winger

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ramarena said:

Max Lowe was too naive defensively to be a Champ level LB I’m afraid, maybe his time at Aberdeen will have improved his game. Personally I dont see a role for him here as a LB I think he’d make a better left mid/winger

Could you say the same about Bogle? He's been a revelation this season. I reckon Lowe would have done the same.

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He did ok and is certainly not the reason we lost.

He doesn’t get forward because he can’t due to his age. It kills any of our attacking outlet from the left. 

We have to rely on Bogle to surge forward on the right which puts him out of position, he’s not got the tactical nouse yet to read the game correctly at this level

Sith Happens

No problem with someone championing a player, but to continue posting in a thread about one player to disguise ones irrational hatred of another is just a bit Norman bates.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

No problem with someone championing a player, but to continue posting in a thread about one player to disguise ones irrational hatred of another is just a bit Norman bates.

I see you be admitting you were wrong anytime soon then...

Which is ok, I don't need that. I just want people to realise what we've got when we've got something so good (in Scott Malone). The guy was becoming a bit of a scapegoat. I'm also aware that I'm scapegoating Ashley Cole by doing this, but in my view, it highlights Malones value to the team.

Sith Happens
Just now, Nick_Ram said:

I see you be admitting you were wrong anytime soon then...

Which is ok, I don't need that. I just want people to realise what we've got when we've got something so good (in Scott Malone). The guy was becoming a bit of a scapegoat. I'm also aware that I'm scapegoating Ashley Cole by doing this, but in my view, it highlights Malones value to the team.

Why am i wrong? I would rather malone have started today but he didn't.

Doesn't mean im going to target cole who has done nothing to warrant it.

Sorry just find your obsession with ashley cole a bit odd.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Why am i wrong? I would rather malone have started today but he didn't.

Doesn't mean im going to target cole who has done nothing to warrant it.

Sorry just find your obsession with ashley cole a bit odd.

Because I tried to highlight back in March how much weaker as a team we look when he plays. You obvious didn't see it and you still probably don't. 

There were lots of Derby fans out there, at games and on here, who actively wanted to see Malone dropped for Cole. In my view, this was purely down to his name and previous reputation as it certainly wasn't anything he achieved in a Derby shirt.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

Because I tried to highlight back in March how much weaker as a team we look when he plays. You obvious didn't see it and you still probably don't. 

There were lots of Derby fans out there, at games and on here, who actively wanted to see Malone dropped for Cole. In my view, this was purely down to his name and previous reputation as it certainly wasn't anything he achieved in a Derby shirt.

Not me id rather malone played but fail to see the errors you so clearly see with cole.

Anyway only one person to blame for Malones absence today and that was scott malone.

6 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Care to quote some? I don't recall any. I do recall a lot of us saying Ashley was a decent replacement but not a single post after his red card saying that Coke was the preference. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Care to quote some? I don't recall any. I do recall a lot of us saying Ashley was a decent replacement but not a single post after his red card saying that Coke was the preference. 

I think Nick_Ram has been on coke.

22 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

You seem to take it to the extreme an not recognise that Cole wouldn’t even be on the bench if everyone was fit and available. For what he is (3rd/4th/5th choice) he’s as good as anyone can hope to sign at this level. Every club in this league is most likely jealous of our choice of LBs: 

#1 Malone

#2 Forsyth

#3 Lowe

#4 Cole

#5 Olsson

#6 MacDonald

Villa’s 1st choice would probably slot in close to a fully fit Forsyth and not much further ahead of Lowe. That’s how lucky we are!

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Their first came down our left, although my fuzzy memory was Cole wound up with two to deal with. I'll have to watch it back later, but for the good he might have done, the team has been better with Malone in it.

I think Tomori went out to our left to deal with two of them, whilst Cole covered and helped Keogh to mark Abraham. El Ghazi got in front of Bogle to get a head/shoulder/back on the ball to send it into the corner. 

Still not sure why Roos didn’t catch the ball for the 2nd

• 2 months later...

More comments on the Huddersfield match thread reference Malone not being good enough....However, another Malone start and another Derby win added to the list. 

I'll reiterate my point for the 100th time: With Malone in the team, we perform so much better. Glad Cocu see's it. 

My issue with Malone is any crosses from the right side causes him to ball watch and drift into the middle of the box and leave his man behind him.

He did it last season on many occasions and did it tonight. 

He is great going forward, has a great engine and keeps going but it’s the positional problem that nags on me and forces me to doubt him , especially when we are hanging on at the end of a hard game.

Archived