Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, rynny said:

First of all 68 points has got 1 team in 20 years into the play offs, so you kill your own argument. However I can't leave the post without "correcting" your maths. 

Over a season it is 19.36 wins (19) 21.78 draws (22) with 5 defeats which gives 79 points so good enough for a team to finish 5th-8th in the majority of the last 20 years. 

I don't believe I have said that I don't think Malone is very good defensively, I was just showing that stats can be manipulated to show any narrative.

I still stand by stance that we are an average, inconsistent team that has struggled to put together a run. 

How do you work that one out? Highest 7th place finish in the last 20 years had 78 points (Wolves 14/15), and highest 8th place was 77 (Derby 14/15). The only season 79 points wouldn’t have been enough was when Fulham finished 6th with 80 in 16/17

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How do you work that one out? Highest 7th place finish in the last 20 years had 78 points (Wolves 14/15), and highest 8th place was 77 (Derby 14/15). The only season 79 points wouldn’t have been enough was when Fulham finished 6th with 80 in 16/17

Perfect!

54 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Read the post again... I said after 40 games.

Why would you do it for 40 games?

52 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Whether the total amount is enough to get us into the playoffs in any of season is irrelevant. The fact is that its a considerable improvement on this season. Which in this season is enough to get into the playoffs..

But changing our left back wouldn't have made much of a difference to our results.

When has our left back cost us a goal this season? The only times that I can think of is by Lowe and Malone. 

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I was looking at 6th place to be ahead of them and as you say Fulham had 80 and others had 79, I said 8th as I thought it was 78/79 that we were on that season. My mistake on 8th.

54 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

But thanks for "correcting my maths" ? Woops on your behalf!

Fine completing the season on your maths ?

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

But changing our left back wouldn't have made much of a difference to our results.

When has our left back cost us a goal this season? The only times that I can think of is by Lowe and Malone. 

I was looking at 6th place to be ahead of them and as you say Fulham had 80 and others had 79, I said 8th as I thought it was 78/79 that we were on that season. My mistake on 8th.

As I said, there was only 1 season 79 wouldn’t have finished 6th and that was whenever Fulham had had 80. Next highest 6th place finish was 78

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As I said, there was only 1 season 79 wouldn’t have finished 6th and that was whenever Fulham had had 80. Next highest 6th place finish was 78

Still finish 5th - 7th over recent seasons. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Because that's how many games we have played, and its a comparison of where we could be at if Malone was more involved? Thought that was pretty obvious! So apologies, will try make myself more clear next time. 

Then I refer to all previous posts of mine that It's not about being the sole person responsible for conceding a goal. Its his influence all over the pitch and how we benefit as a team with his presence. Which then led me to providing the stats to back up my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Because that's how many games we have played, and its a comparison of where we could be at if Malone was more involved? Thought that was pretty obvious! So apologies, will try make myself more clear next time. 

Then I refer to all previous posts of mine that It's not about being the sole person responsible for conceding a goal. Its his influence all over the pitch and how we benefit as a team with his presence. Which then led me to providing the stats to back up my thoughts.

Are you his Mum?

18 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I see you've resolved to this having been called out for calling him an awful defender but with nothing to justify your comment.

The stats don't lie granddad.  

As his Grandad I mentioned to him how proper defenders play, but he said that was too boring and he wanted to score goals! Didn't he tell you that Mum?

Oh and obvs you've never heard 'lies, damn lies, and statistics...'

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As his Grandad I mentioned to him how proper defenders play, but he said that was too boring and he wanted to score goals! Didn't he tell you that Mum?

Oh and obvs you've never heard 'lies, damn lies, and statistics...'

Agree to disagree on Malone.

Who would you rather have in his place? 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived