DOTY

Chester40

Seeing as Player of the Year has become such a love-in for Keogh.....

What about we play to our forum strengths and discuss... Disappointment of the Year...?

Nugent for me. Finishing has been awful, form gone off a cliff.

I am aware this thread will annoy many, but no football today so am in a grumpy mood.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been a few........

The loss of Brysons legs,

Max Lowe not kicking on having been given a chance

Mason Mount's injury - i reckon he was carrying it since early/mid October - thus depriving us of a real talent

Not being able to persuade Chelsea to loan us Ampadu

The feeble FA cup exit at Brighton contrasting with the going down in a blaze of glory at Stamford Bridge.........

Not progressing from our encouraging early play and going backwards in terms of our style.

Mount being the epitome of the above...looked lethal early in the season.

letting Thorne and Martin go out on loan instead of rehabilitating them back from injury here.

Brysons legs sadly losing their normal pace,at least on the basis of watching him at the Millwall game.

On the other hand ive had some brilliant moments watching the team this year too....last year I was just sad for us throughout the season.

Bryson, thought his legs were gone previously but he looked good in pre season... I was right first time. He’s done at this level. Ditto Nugent. Granted however that’s just players getting older so I dunno if that’s “disappointment”, more reality that you can’t expect players to maintain the level required at this level into their thirties.

In terms of who I expected more from I don’t know... Josefzoon has been poor for the money spent but I kinda expected as much, made a semi jokey comment in his transfer thread alluding I didn’t think he’d be up to much. Maybe Carson? He’s had a poor campaign overall but again maybe that’s just him getting older...

Imo the biggest disappointment isn’t individual players, it’s that we haven’t been playing the entertaining style of football we all hoped we would.

Lawrence

After a season of bedding in, getting used to Derby etc etc this was meant to be his big season where he stepped up and became a real player, improving his game and ours. Hasn't happened. Turns out he's just average.

Huddlestone

I just expect more from him. Only good when he's given the freedom of the pitch. He looks like he should be able to dominate games. He has the skill to. But rarely does.

Josefzoon

Signed as a flying winger but so far a complete waste of money.

Long ball football

What the hell's happened?

Mason Mount.

Now before you bite my head off.... it's been out of his hands due to injury. So the disappointment is more him not being fit rather than being disappointing performance wise. 

Until he picked that knock up in October he was class. Wasn't the same afterwards and hasn't been able to re-discover any sort of form due to the hammy injury he's recovering from. 

His signing had the potential to be the best we've ever made on loan but it's fizzling out to be another forgettable Barry Bannan/Tom Carroll that nobody will remember. Sure he'll go on to great things but it's a shame we won't have seen the best of him over a full season. 

The fact that Bryson and Nugent especially are both way past their best before dates but the insistence to carry on playing them with the expected results. 

Having cash to spend from the sale of Vydra but apart from Marriott the players acquired have represented a poor return on the capital outlay.

The over hyping of Lampards brand of football by some media quarters and the realisation that were are not nearly as good as we think we are.

Nugent was done last season for me. I think Bryson has it at the minute, which I agree with. josefzoon also for me he seems to have no zoom! 

However I do feel we have moved on from the mac1 feeling sorry for ourselves under Frank and flashes in October made me very excited at one point. Transition season or not Jack, Duane and Jayden are all positives. Also Stoke and Rowett’s fall out makes me smile ?. Roll on Monday. 

Archived