DOTY

Chester40

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. That despite the majority of fans seemingly expecting little this season and wanting to give our new management team time to create a younger squad with a new style, good early season form has made many forget that we are a work in progress and raised those expectations to unreasonable levels again.

2. That despite personally agreeing with every word I've written above about giving it time, I still find myself feeling very grumpy when watching matches where we look as sterile as we've done over the last three games. I was expecting lots of goals (at both ends) and for us to at least 'give it a go' every week. I need to have a word with myself!

Mason Mount for me. When he signed I honestly thought he was going to be way too good for the league and be the man that gets us up. 

That's not his fault though, he can't help what goes off in the grey matter of a winter vegetable.

Having said that, he's coming back soon and there's still a fair few games left for him to realise my expectations. A sensational return on Monday night would be a good start.

For  me, preseason was a lot about waiting for Timi Elsnik to step up and set the Championship alight. I just knew everyone was going to watch the young Slovenian and go wow. He figured in all the preseason marketing campaigns suggesting the club saw him as "the one". He went off to the Canary Islands to make his mark with the first team and the new management.

Then it went wrong. We took 23 players (I think) to the Notts County friendly and he was the one to miss out and not get a half, just having a few minutes. Then he was sent out on loan to bruising League Two. For the season! It's not the place for such skills.

Then he was sent back because Mansfield had too many loans. Hurrah! Until he was immediately dumped off in League Two again with his contract running out at the end of the season. He could be our Matt Le Tissier, scoring from anywhere in the opposition half. Instead we'll release him at the end of the campaign.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For  me, preseason was a lot about waiting for Timi Elsnik to step up and set the Championship alight. I just knew everyone was going to watch the young Slovenian and go wow. He figured in all the preseason marketing campaigns suggesting the club saw him as "the one". He went off to the Canary Islands to make his mark with the first team and the new management.

Then it went wrong. We took 23 players (I think) to the Notts County friendly and he was the one to miss out and not get a half, just having a few minutes. Then he was sent out on loan to bruising League Two. For the season! It's not the place for such skills.

Then he was sent back because Mansfield had too many loans. Hurrah! Until he was immediately dumped off in League Two again with his contract running out at the end of the season. He could be our Matt Le Tissier, scoring from anywhere in the opposition half. Instead we'll release him at the end of the campaign.

Mansfield having a bit of a blip over the last few games. Did they send back the wrong loanee? 

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Seeing as Player of the Year has become such a love-in for Keogh.....

What about we play to our forum strengths and discuss... Disappointment of the Year...?

Nugent for me. Finishing has been awful, form gone off a cliff.

I am aware this thread will annoy many, but no football today so am in a grumpy mood.

The ultimate DCFC Fans thread.

I’m not going to have a go at any of the current squad as it’s unhelpful...Fozzy’s ACL?

That Thorne wasn’t deemed fit enough and the single biggest one was not at least giving Wardrobe a chance.

29 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

The ultimate DCFC Fans thread.

I’m not going to have a go at any of the current squad as it’s unhelpful...Fozzy’s ACL?

That Thorne wasn’t deemed fit enough and the single biggest one was not at least giving Wardrobe a chance.

I will be very disappointed if this thread is smaller than POTY. Keogh has been great...so what!! Let's rejoice in what we do best!!!  

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I will be very disappointed if this thread is smaller than POTY. Keogh has been great...so what!! Let's rejoice in what we do best!!!  

A completely legitimate thread,as you say no football so why not.

I’m no good on stuff like this,I’m just not blunt (honest)enough.

I’m doing a bbq in between which I’m watching Arsenal v Man City and really enjoying it.

Archived