Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a 3-4-2 line up for this one. I know that's not enough players but bear with me.

Roos

Keogh   Ambrose   Tomori

Bogle   Hudds   Bryson   Cole

Waghorn   Holmes

And I'd give our Welsh wizards 45 mins each. Lawrence first half, in a kind of a free role but I don't want him to worry too much about the ball. Lawrence is there to aggravate the opposing players and gee up the crowd, cupping his ears when they're not loud enough. In the second half I want Wilson on, again not worrying about playing football - but I want him in their keeper's face all game, telling him about the free kick he's going to score, asking him if he saw the Manu game when he made Sergio Romero look like Roy Carroll... so when he gets his free kick, Brighton's keeper, whoever it is, will already be beaten.

6 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'd like to see a 3-4-2 line up for this one. I know that's not enough players but bear with me.

Roos

Keogh   Ambrose   Tomori

Waghorn   Holmes

And I'd give our Welsh wizards 45 mins each. Lawrence first half, in a kind of a free role but I don't want him to worry too much about the ball. Lawrence is there to aggravate the opposing players and gee up the crowd, cupping his ears when they're not loud enough. In the second half I want Wilson on, again not worrying about playing football - but I want him in their keeper's face all game, telling him about the free kick he's going to score, asking him if he saw the Manu game when he made Sergio Romero look like Roy Carroll... so when he gets his free kick, Brighton's keeper, whoever it is, will already be beaten.

‘he made Sergio Romero look like Roy Carroll’

like someone after a deck of Stella?

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Roos

Keogh   Ambrose   Tomori

Waghorn   Holmes

Like it

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oh, Angie. Try to keep up!

Go round the world and Cara Delevigne stares out at you from almost every billboard in every major city. She's the world's number one supermodel and the face of Burberry and Rimmel among a million other things, while also being a major movie star nowadays. She started out in Michael Winterbottom's Face of an Angel (I even met her at the premiere!) but moved on to much bigger budget stuff such as Suicide Squad and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

But she's also a star in the videogame world (playing and voiceovers). Loved her appearance at the end of this Call of Duty ad:

Pals with Jack O'Connell hence the Derby scarves in London Fashion Week.

Nothing you have said there has shed any light on who she is for me. 

I'm not a city girl, don't do high fashion, video games or designer labels.

Now if she was married to a footballer or she campaigned for a good cause I might have half a chance! 

#different circles

53 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, but my friends Annette, Julie and Nigel did. Did you see them? 

Think we had breakfast at the same time in the Premier Inn, was you there in a group of 5?

We were the very tall, handsome dudes in suits, very recognisable bloodhound looks owing to copious amounts of alcohol and getting back in at silly o’clock in the morning ?

One of us was a little more talkative than the other, who at 9.00a.m badly needed an infusion of food and water(cough). Your friends said they were going to Southwold in the lobby.

36 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Think we had breakfast at the same time in the Premier Inn, was you there in a group of 5?

We were the very tall, handsome dudes in suits, very recognisable bloodhound looks owing to copious amounts of alcohol and getting back in at silly o’clock in the morning ?

One of us was a little more talkative than the other, who at 9.00a.m badly needed an infusion of food and water(cough). Your friends said they were going to Southwold in the lobby.

Yep, that was us. Chatting to the Radio Derby crew after breakfast.

The young man on the next table was a Derby fan too, up for the match from Cambridge. 

Small (Derby) world! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Now if she was married to a footballer or she campaigned for a good cause I might have half a chance! 

No and insincere,  so you have no chance Angie. 

I've only heard of her cos she's ubiquitous in the Metro- which we all grab as a freebie paper before subjecting ourselves to the misery of rail commuting ?

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep, that was us. Chatting to the Radio Derby crew after breakfast.

The young man on the next table was a Derby fan too, up for the match from Cambridge. 

Small (Derby) world! 

Totally oblivious to the Radio Derby crew, was Ramma in there? They might have left before we got down, to be honest I was more concerned about a fry up and liquids when we first got down.

Apparently one of the Ipswich lads I was with that night, reckoned most night games, away teams with any distance to travel stay over at the Holiday Inn. Should have asked Gibbo when I was chatting to him after the game.

edit: definitely a small world, never know who you’re chatting to ??

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Nothing you have said there has shed any light on who she is for me. 

I'm not a city girl, don't do high fashion, video games or designer labels.

#different circles

Still plenty of time to get into all those wonderful things you're missing out on. But you will be pleased to hear she is the Ambassador for I'm Not A Trophy campaigning for endangered wildlife: https://imnotatrophy.org/

On 14/02/2019 at 01:31, David said:

Last nights performance confirmed our place in the Quarter Finals, it’s what Derby do, upset us then apologise with a bunch of flowers performance that once again shows how great this team can be on its day against tough opposition.

So who do we fancy in the QF’s then?

Will Hughes and Watford at home

Frank is - perhaps for the first time -  under a little bit of pressure to produce a good performance.

99% of fans are realists, and supportive, but a series of belly flops at Bramall Lane, Elland Road and Portman Road have left a craving for something more positive ; something more reminiscent of the feelgood performances from earlier in the season. We are the underdogs again and therefore there is no expectation of a win, but there is a mood of impatience for a something to celebrate whether it be a team performance, an individual or a special goal. Something. 

Archived