Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

When we play like this I wobder how we are even remotely close to the playoffs and when we play like we did at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge I wonder how we aren't 6 points clear at the top.

What is this team? Good grief it's frustrating.

Young, I think is the answer.

This team relies heavily on the performances of our younger players. We lack cohesion if any of our loanees or youngsters are off their game.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I actually thought the problem is people are trying to do too much. We are trying so much that just isn't on. 

All the forward players can see their names on the score sheet. 

More or less every game now. Constantly trying to pinch the ball in front of the opposition. Constantly trying to catch them out. Constantly thinking of how I'm going to celebrate my goal

Exactly! Just do the simple things right ffs! It’s messing the simple things up that’s killing us, you win by being the bets at the basics, not by showboating. That’s exactly what we did on Saturday, and aren’t doing here. No composure, no surprise with such changes

Just now, SaintRam said:

Young, I think is the answer.

This team relies heavily on the performances of our younger players. We lack cohesion if any of our loanees or youngsters are off their game.

Not sure age is a factor tonight. There are some experienced heads on the pitch tonight and it comes down to a basic lack of effort and composure with the ball.

Dreadful showing. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure age is a factor tonight. There are some experienced heads on the pitch tonight and it comes down to a basic lack of effort and composure with the ball.

Dreadful showing. 

For me though it's the younger players who make the difference. Most of our experienced players, with the exception of guys like Keogh and Huddz, are average Championship players at best.

It's our young lads who have the superior talent, but are inconsistent, and when they're off it our overall level drops to below average. 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What is going on today? Regardless of the team put out this is us being complacent again, just like against Rotherham and Bolton. Huddlestone has to come on here

Finally had a midfield Saturday, so what does frank do? Tear it apart and stick Johnson in. Unfathomable and this dirge showing is no surprise given the team put out. Worsened by a general complacency in the team as well.

It's quite baffling how poor we've been away from home to the premusably 'poor' sides. Bolton, Rotherham, Millwall, Wigan, Preston and now Ipswich. All crappy performances while we've been phenomenal away at United, Chelsea, Southampton, West Brom and Norwich. 

Away vs the bottom half teams:

24th (Ipswich) - currently drawing 1-1 and being outplayed

23rd (Bolton) - lost 1-0 and were outplayed

22nd (Rotherham) - lost 1-0 and were outplayed

21st (Reading) - won 2-1 on the opening day, but were outplayed

20th (Millwall) - lost 2-1 and were outplayed

19th (Wigan) - won 1-0 and probably deserved the win (although they played with 10 men for 75 minutes)

18th (Brentford) - not played them away yet

17th (QPR) - drew 1-1 in an even game

16th (Stoke) - lost 2-1 despite being against 10 men for the 2nd half

15th (Sheff Wed) - won 2-1 in a close game

14th (Blackburn) - not played them away yet

13th (Preston) - drew 0-0 but were dominated

?

Archived