Rowett ball v Lampard way

FindernRam

Lampards football by a country mile,his football style is wonderful to watch.Will it get us promotion? probably not.I just think we are too soft,we look good against teams who let us play football but against roughhouse teams we don't want to know. This season is a mirror image of mclarens 1st, lovely football but no physical presence.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Turnstile said:

Lampards football by a country mile,his football style is wonderful to watch.Will it get us promotion? probably not.I just think we are too soft,we look good against teams who let us play football but against roughhouse teams we don't want to know. This season is a mirror image of mclarens 1st, lovely football but no physical presence.

Any independent would be hard pushed to agree with your comments after seeing last night's fare or indeed the performance against the Blades away.

53 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

This isn't true though is it? We're not relying on players such as Anya or Butterfield as they don't get a look in at all and haven't for a long while.  

I'm talking about the loans in that instance. It's also entirely possible that players who've featured this season like Nugent, Bryson, Johnson and Huddlestone aren't here next season.

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Frank is gradually trying to transform the team and style he inherited into the team and style he wants isn't he? 

I'd agree that Lampard has made a judgement regards which players fit into his plans. 

The rest is open to scrutiny.

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I'm talking about the loans in that instance. It's also entirely possible that players who've featured this season like Nugent, Bryson, Johnson and Huddlestone aren't here next season.

Fair comment but again are we relying heavily on Johnson who hasnt had a proper look in since the Stoke game and Nugent whose a bit part player.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We are discussing if we are a team in transition or not aren't we? 

Yes exactly. My point being that if we are both in agreement that the transition is a positive one then I'd need to see evidence of that before I could determine it had been successful or not. 

The 433 is a very open system. The two luxury wide man mean that we are very spread out; the three in the middle can get overwhelmed or by-passed; and the full backs get liitle protection and leave big holes when they push up.

it was the same under mac.

growett played a more compact line up which sat deep.

not sure that 433 is the best system, but i never again want to see Derby County v fulham with us playing like Malmo. 

Carry on frank.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Yes exactly. My point being that if we are both in agreement that the transition is a positive one then I'd need to see evidence of that before I could determine it had been successful or not. 

If its in transition it isn't complete and as such a conclusion can't be reached. I thought earlier you were doubting we are in transition? 

It's strange that last year it was constantly being rolled out on here that Rowett would need 3/4 transfer windows to shape and mould his squad. Frank has had 2 windows with his hands severely tied in one of those and all of a sudden questions are being asked.  I agree that some of the points being made are valid but if you step back and evaluate the whole picture we're not in a bad position so let's have a bit of patience and sense of perspective and not get drawn into a "I want everything now mentality." It's probably not what some are thinking but it is coming across as that at times.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If its in transition it isn't complete and as such a conclusion can't be reached. I thought earlier you were doubting we are in transition? 

I'm framing the word transition as a postive movement. The debate on here has been this season has been earmarked as a transitional one to mitigate the results to a degree. But the transition therefore has to have positive results or the status quo may as well remain. 

Just now, Inglorius said:

I'm framing the word transition as a postive movement. The debate on here has been this season has been earmarked as a transitional one to mitigate the results to a degree. But the transition therefore has to have positive results or the status quo may as well remain. 

A transitional season doesn't mean a gradual improvement. It means inconsistency until the objective has been reached. The ingredients for transition are acquiring better players and coaching them to a winning formula. Frank hasn't yet got his players but we can still see the potential of his coaching style surely? In other words don't expect gradual improvement week by week this season expect inconsistency. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A transitional season doesn't mean a gradual improvement. It means inconsistency until the objective has been reached. The ingredients for transition are acquiring better players and coaching them to a winning formula. Frank hasn't yet got his players but we can still see the potential of his coaching style surely? In other words don't expect gradual improvement week by week this season expect inconsistency. 

But the point some of us are making is that by the time they do reach some kind of consistency, it will be time for Tomori, Wilson and Mount to go back to their parent clubs, which will disrupt the squad as they’re key players, not to mention many of the others aren’t going to be here next year because their contracts expire at the end of the season so we will have to start the process again. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Our main striker could have been Waghorn, our lynchpin Holmes and Wisdom RB.

Yes the football has generally been more entertaining but not of recent times, which is concerning. You would think that the players would be more tunned into frank's pressing game by now but it's been the opposite. In fact last night was like a time warp to last season. 

Also some of Frank's team selections are baffling. Bryson has been awful in most games he's started but carries on getting a game, Nugent hasn't done anything for months. Like @RoyMac5says, Waghorn would fit that lone striker role at away nights at Preston perfectly.

My only fear is Frank was a winner as a player. Yes he experienced major lows with England but the Chelsea highs i am sure out balanced them over his long playing career. I hope i'm completely wrong but after this honeymoon period he starts to feel bored or frustrated I could see him saying I don't need this and walking sadly. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But the point some of us are making is that by the time they do reach some kind of consistency, it will be time for Tomori, Wilson and Mount to go back to their parent clubs, which will disrupt the squad as they’re key players, not to mention many of the others aren’t going to be here next year because their contracts expire at the end of the season so we will have to start the process again. 

Eloquent explanation of what I was struggling to convey concisely. 

7 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes the football has generally been more entertaining but not of recent times, which is concerning. You would think that the players would be more tunned into frank's pressing game by now but it's been the opposite. In fact last night was like a time warp to last season. 

Also some of Frank's team selections are baffling. Bryson has been awful in most games he's started but carries on getting a game, Nugent hasn't done anything for months. Like @RoyMac5says, Waghorn would fit that lone striker role at away nights at Preston perfectly.

My only fear is Frank was a winner as a player. Yes he experienced major lows with England but the Chelsea highs i am sure out balanced them over his long playing career. I hope i'm completely wrong but after this honeymoon period he starts to feel bored or frustrated I could see him saying I don't need this and walking sadly. 

He won’t walk, too much personal pride. He’s an intelligent guy, would have thought through all the ups & downs of football management before committing to this career path, why would he quit at the first sign of adversity???

Archived