Rowett ball v Lampard way

FindernRam

Lampard way is better suited for PL than Championship IMO.  If we make it up, with Frank at the helm i don't fear relegation.  Applying certain tweaks in line with the reality of this division is likely what Frank is attempting to do now.  He will get it right, either this season or the next.  Am happy to have him as manager.

Rowett's ball is effective to a certain extent, but it's nothing for the eye.  Am glad he left.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So every time we have a blip this question will get asked. 

Man that’s  bad. 

Self gratification from the forum saying we told you so. 

Is it that bad?

One person has asked once all season which is better, I haven't seen one person say Rowett. 

I'd rather scrape cat turd off my shoes than watch us play counter attacking football against teams that aren't or don't need to attack.

Promotion under Rowett would have meant 38 games of parking the bus. Sounds as fun as having an STI 

Whatever Lampard is it doesn't change the fact that Rowett was a hype job and walked out. 

A manager that plays ugly football, has a very ordinary record AND is always looking for the next job? Sounds great.

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'd rather scrape cat turd off my shoes than watch us play counter attacking football against teams that aren't or don't need to attack.

Promotion under Rowett would have meant 38 games of parking the bus. Sounds as fun as having an STI 

Whatever Lampard is it doesn't change the fact that Rowett was a hype job and walked out. 

A manager that plays ugly football, has a very ordinary record AND is always looking for the next job? Sounds great.

Point of order MM appointed him. 

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No one will so what’s the point. 

Well if it bothers you that much don't post or read whats posted in this thread?

We still debate how we would have ended up had Clough not been sacked so comparing with last season seems fair enough to me.

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No one will so what’s the point. 

I think the OP’s original point/question was whether the football currently being played under Frank is actually any better than that under Rowett.  

If my reading is correct, some are saying that Lampardball is either a lot better, or about the same, or not as good and some are saying that they are willing to give Lampard time to get better, or he’s doing great leave him alone or that they are already asking questions about his tenure.

I agree the general sentiment is that we don’t want to return to Rowett, but opinions on Frank’s style seem fairly mixed TBH.

From my diary of March 3rd last year. Derby win 3-0 at home. Huddlestone scores his 1st goal for Derby, who have now gone 11 games without defeat, and conceded only 3 goals in the last 13 games.

Crude but effective. Where did it all go wrong?

On 02/02/2019 at 14:42, FindernRam said:

A lot of discussion has been that although we are slightly worse off in points etc than last year, the football has been more exciting. It certainly was to start with, but do we still think so?

Frankly since probably the end of November our play style has been quite dire at times.Last night was almost typical of recent matches (perhaps a bit worse) no shots on target, just 2 corners, pathetic pass completion (74%). Several games have been like this.

It feels like we haven't really progressed this year. 

i gave you the ha ha emoji , because this is a joke,    isnt it

43 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

From my diary of March 3rd last year. Derby win 3-0 at home. Huddlestone scores his 1st goal for Derby, who have now gone 11 games without defeat, and conceded only 3 goals in the last 13 games.

Crude but effective. Where did it all go wrong?

Didn't Rowett mess about with the team/formation? Can't remember tbh.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What makes you says that? It seemed a reasonable statement to make.

i knew you would come out of the woodwork when the negativity started on here , what the hell do people want on here , we have a young manager , learning the ropes with every game , with his contacts in the game and his football know how will get it right , hes building a young energetic team with a good sprinkling of experienced pros , why dont you and your negative brigade of Rams fans bore off and give  Mel , Frank and the team the time he needs to get this club back on its feet and back where it belongs

2 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

i knew you would come out of the woodwork when the negativity started on here , what the hell do people want on here , we have a young manager , learning the ropes with every game , with his contacts in the game and his football know how will get it right , hes building a young energetic team with a good sprinkling of experienced pros , why dont you and your negative brigade of Rams fans bore off and give  Mel , Frank and the team the time he needs to get this club back on its feet and back where it belongs

So, it touched a nerve did it - the post was a correct statement. I'm sure Frank knows it too and will be trying to figure out how to halt it/reverse it.

But you keep your head up your bottom and ignore it, and hope it goes away why don't you! ?

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

i gave you the ha ha emoji , because this is a joke,    isnt it

If we have less points then the same stage last year or have scored less goals or conceded more then yes we will have regressed and the OP will be correct.

It depends what metrics they have used to define progress which I can't see clearly stated.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, it touched a nerve did it - the post was a correct statement. I'm sure Frank knows it too and will be trying to figure out how to halt it/reverse it.

But you keep your head up your bottom and ignore it, and hope it goes away why don't you! ?

ignore what , the fact that we are fighting for a play off place , the fact that Lampard is buying and blooding youth into the first team , which can only bode well for the future , the fact that Frank is trusted to coach and bring on top class loan talent from the premier league , the fact that he is gradually reducing the wage bill by unloading players he doesnt want , i will ask again what is it you want from Derby County , because if its consistency , 10 wins on the bounce , or winning promotion by March , its going to be a long wait for you , theres no team in the Championship showing these traits not just Derby , im sure theres teams like Villa , Stoke and Forest who would gladly swap places with us at the moment

Archived