Rowett ball v Lampard way

FindernRam

7 hours ago, AdamRam said:

we have 100% more chance of being promoted this season than last...

5 minutes ago, europia said:

That's a big percentage number. Not sure how you formulated that? I guess the points tally at the end of the season, or if and how we prosper in the play offs, will be a more accurate indicator.

To be fair, I'd say AdamRam's statement is bang on, seeing as we now have a 0% chance of promotion last season... at least until somebody perfects a time machine!  :-)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, europia said:

That's a big percentage number. Not sure how you formulated that? I guess the points tally at the end of the season, or if and how we prosper in the play offs, will be a more accurate indicator.

We didn’t get promoted last season, we still can this season, hence the 100% ?

10 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

Findern your a 100% moaner.Ive followed the Rams since Arthur Coxs day and seen the highs and lows and I’m very happy with our current style of football, manager and club.With age some get better wisdom than others !!

Forget anything that has gone before, are you honestly happy with the recent performances away from home such as Preston, Accrington, Leeds and Sheff Utd? 

In my opinion they've been as bad as the majority of GRs games.

It's nice to think we are laying foundations for the future but I don't see it when 3 of the team are loanees and 3 probably in the twilight of their careers.

Other than Marriott, none of FLs signings have been able to hold down a starting spot, sor how can we have any great confidence that things will be better when he's allowed to bring in more of his own players?

And what exactly is our style? Sometimes we high press, most of the time we don't. Sometimes we play good football, but more of the time we hit long balls at Marriotts head.

I'm perfectly fine with this season, we've had some good days and I thought whoever was in charge should have a free hit due to contract situations, however I'm really struggling to see this progress that so many are talking about. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Forget anything that has gone before, are you honestly happy with the recent performances away from home such as Preston, Accrington, Leeds and Sheff Utd? 

In my opinion they've been as bad as the majority of GRs games.

It's nice to think we are laying foundations for the future but I don't see it when 3 of the team are loanees and 3 probably in the twilight of their careers.

Other than Marriott, none of FLs signings have been able to hold down a starting spot, sor how can we have any great confidence that things will be better when he's allowed to bring in more of his own players?

And what exactly is our style? Sometimes we high press, most of the time we don't. Sometimes we play good football, but more of the time we hit long balls at Marriotts head.

I'm perfectly fine with this season, we've had some good days and I thought whoever was in charge should have a free hit due to contract situations, however I'm really struggling to see this progress that so many are talking about. 

What about Southampton away or Norwich away ?? they were recent 

To suggest that our performances are similar to GR's is astounding the only one i can think of was PNE 

8 minutes ago, Saity said:

What about Southampton away or Norwich away ?? they were recent 

To suggest that our performances are similar to GR's is astounding the only one i can think of was PNE 

Southampton away was a decent performance. 

Norwich away we could have been 3 or 4 behind before we scored and would never have won if it were not for the floodlight failure.

I've seen plenty of games where we have played very poorly and resorted to lumping balls at Marriotts head.

Leeds home and away, Bolton away, Aston Villa at home, Sheff Utd away, Accrington away. 

Them performances were probably only worsened by the Sunderland and Burton performances under GR.

56 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Southampton away was a decent performance. 

Norwich away we could have been 3 or 4 behind before we scored and would never have won if it were not for the floodlight failure.

I've seen plenty of games where we have played very poorly and resorted to lumping balls at Marriotts head.

Leeds home and away, Bolton away, Aston Villa at home, Sheff Utd away, Accrington away. 

Them performances were probably only worsened by the Sunderland and Burton performances under GR.

I can give you a few more GSTAR where the performances under Rowett was dire ....

Wolves H 0-2   , Wolves away 0-2   Sheff Utd A 1-3   Bristol City A 1-4  Reading H 2-4   Ipswich H 0-1   Sunderland H 1-4 Fulham A 1-1 Fulham A  0-2( Play off semi )

I attended all of those games except the play off semi at C Cottage as couldn't get a ticket.

All of those games were dire limp performances with no attacking culture and a get everyone behind the ball and defend type performances except for maybe 20 mins at Fulham just after HT....dire pathetic performances that left me feeling cheated as a fan that we didn't even appear to try and win the game was all about containment.....( Zzzzzzzz ) thats just the games i can remember where we lost or drew there were plenty of games where i wondered how the hell we got away with a win usually due to Carson Davies and Keogh performing heroics

I

5 minutes ago, Saity said:

I can give you a few more GSTAR where the performances under Rowett was dire ....

Wolves H 0-2   , Wolves away 0-2   Sheff Utd A 1-3   Bristol City A 1-4  Reading H 2-4   Ipswich H 0-1   Sunderland H 1-4 Fulham A 1-1 Fulham A  0-2( Play off semi )

I attended all of those games except the play off semi at C Cottage as couldn't get a ticket.

All of those games were dire limp performances with no attacking culture and a get everyone behind the ball and defend type performances except for maybe 20 mins at Fulham just after HT....dire pathetic performances that left me feeling cheated as a fan that we didn't even appear to try and win the game was all about containment.....( Zzzzzzzz ) thats just the games i can remember where we lost or drew there were plenty of games where i wondered how the hell we got away with a win usually due to Carson Davies and Keogh performing heroics

I

oh another one QPR away midweek - drew 1-1 - pathetic performance and most Derby fans appeared to share that feeling judging by the comments on the way out.......

24 minutes ago, Saity said:

I agree there were some bad performances under Rowett but, if we are comparing the two, it's only fair to point out that a lot of performances under FL have been equally bad.

Of course the difference is on our food days under FL it is much much better to watch than the good days under GR. Unfortunately, the good days have been limited to a handful so far.

36 minutes ago, Saity said:

And Burton away.....and Brentford away......and Hull away.

For me,the biggest and most important difference is that even when we 'played well' under Rowett it was still grim to watch.  We essentially went out to play horribly.  We might well not be playing that well at the moment and there have been some bad performances (as there are with any team), but I'm confident we don't go out with the intention of sitting back, deliberately conceding possession and hoping to hit teams on the break... sometimes it just happens that way.

The other difference is that I'm really looking forward to the Hull match.  Was rare for that to be the case by the end of last season.  In a way, that's all I really care about.  I don't (often) go in for the over analysis of stats or playing style or the benefits of this system over that system (although I know what I like and don't like).  But, I know that even though it isn't all sweetness and light, I'm still enjoying myself more this season and so , going back to the original question,  I'll have the Lampard Way over Rowett Ball so far.

Archived