Rowett ball v Lampard way

FindernRam

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

...but I can not see why fans are having a go at Frank and the team, most of the season have been good, and will get better...think it could be a great end to the season.

That is what is being discussed - how it will go. Why don't we look as good as we have done, etc. That will include questiong how FL goes about things. But it does not mean we want Derby to lose or play badly, nor are necessarily unhappy with the Club overall.  

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Come on then, what would you do different, what positives have you got to offer, I have been going since 1979, and yes I am a glass half full type of guy, and I always enjoy my evening thankyou very much. Once a positive Ram Always a Positive Ram.

Positives: Change of direction from the turd football under Rowett last season, lowered the squad age, attracted some very good young players, Lampard speaks well 

Negatives: The midfield balance which has been a problem all year for me- if we play Huddlestone, King and Mount as the trio with Waghorn, Marriott and Wilson ahead for the rest of the season we should be fine, his over insistence on playing particular players even when they have stinkers (Bryson, Nugent, Lawrence being the main culprits). On the flip side, randomly dropping players when they have good games- Holmes had a great debut against hull in the cup and then was nowhere to be seen for ages, Jozefzoon was in great form before being suddenly dropped, then he came back against sheff wed and got an assist before being dropped again and lost all his confidence, same with waghorn and Huddlestone randomly being dropped before returning. Lastly, not having a plan B striker. If Marriott is injured, I'd play Waghorn up front but Lamps seems to prefer Nugent, who does nothing for me. If he wasn't prepared to sign another forward, it begs to question why we let Martin go out on loan.

24 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Rubbish. He has repeatedly said we are transitioning. 

When has he said this? He repeatedly says that promotion is the aim. He even said a few days ago that Cole will help us in the promotion push and that signing another centre back(before the window was shut) would be key to achieving promotion. And a transition season, which suggests that where we finish doesn't matter because we are planning for the future, is different to transitioning a style. 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

When has he said this? He repeatedly says that promotion is the aim. He even said a few days ago that Cole will help us in the promotion push and that signing another centre back(before the window was shut) would be key to achieving promotion. And a transition season, which suggests that where we finish doesn't matter because we are planning for the future, is different to transitioning a style. 

Try listening more and speaking less. 

Simply put Lampard way as it’s meant to be played is better than Rowettball. But we played Rowettball better under Rowett than we have Lampard way under frank. And so we won more games, and were a better team. Our team last year would beat this one. In fact what we play most the time falls into Rowettball to be frank. But this has much more potential, and if a manages style doesn’t include will Hughes, then it can not include me in the stands too.

I don’t know if frank is the right man, but his philosophy that he WANTS to play I think is what should be followed, be it with him or someone else.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t know if frank is the right man, but his philosophy that he WANTS to play I think is what should be followed, be it with him or someone else.

I agree. BUT there has to be pragmatism too, an acknowledgement of what this league is about and what is needed to get out of it.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree. BUT there has to be pragmatism too, an acknowledgement of what this league is about and what is needed to get out of it.

Isn’t pragmatic football exactly what Rowett played? I seem to remember you not being a fan?  

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Indeed, I fear frank doesn’t understand the need for some strength and composure in the team, can’t just have a load of skillers running around without anyone to actually control the game and allow them to play.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, I fear frank doesn’t understand the need for some strength and composure in the team, can’t just have a load of skillers running around without anyone to actually control the game and allow them to play.

Bournemouth did. By the way I expect Frank has a more rounded understanding than you or me. 

It’s going to take a lot longer than 6 months for FL to get the team playing the way he wants. Look at any team that presses high up the field, even City and Liverpool with their managers it took time to get it right. Especially in this league, where a lot of teams bypass the press with long balls to big physical forward players.

As to comparing it to GRa football, you can’t do that, his team was set up to play poo boring tedious football, FL has come in and had to lower the age, change the philosophy and he would the first to admit they are not playing the way he wants them too, he needs time, then judge his playing style.

3 hours ago, lrm14 said:

This is absolutely a transitional season. Not only are we transitioning in our style of play but at the end of the year we're going to be moving on a lot of the 'old guard' from seasons past

We're relying on players who won't be here because we're quite obviously trying to move away from our previous strategy which was 'throw money at it until we go up'. 

This isn't true though is it? We're not relying on players such as Anya or Butterfield as they don't get a look in at all and haven't for a long while.  

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We now try to score rather than not letting goals in and yes sometimes it goes either way under both

but this season we have had sell Vydra wieman and Jerome whilst sending out Martin again - four people who have good records of scoring goals 

Wiemann and Jerome never had a good record of scoring goals for us let's be honest.

Archived