Rowett ball v Lampard way

FindernRam

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Not to mention the fact that Frank basically had almost no fullbacks to choose from last night or our main striker or the lynch pin of the midfield. 

Our main striker could have been Waghorn, our lynchpin Holmes and Wisdom RB.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Utter garbage. So we don’t support the team because we have different views to yourself? And Bird has hardly played and Thomas has been out on loan

Listen, all clubs have fans like you, who will only see the negative side it's in there nature,you support the club in your own moaning way, do you sit there at the match moaning about certain players all game, or do you get behind the team no matter what. We as a club , are in very good hands under Frank and the management team, let's all judge after a few seasons, our under 18s and 23 s are doing great, and we have some young bright players in the match day squad like Marriott, Holmes, Bogle, Evans and Roos, all these players under 25 and will get better with time, we also can now attract the best young talent from premier league clubs like Wilson, Mount and Tomori. The future is bright the future is Black and White. Now come on Mclovin start to enjoy life and DCFC, much better watching football with a positive attitude,  you never know you might start to enjoy it again.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Our main striker could have been Waghorn, our lynchpin Holmes and Wisdom RB.

Wisdom was not fully fit - I doubt he could have lasted an entire game and quite frankly he did nothing last night to prove to me that he can actually defend.

I do agree Waghorn should have been in the middle though and Holmes further forward - however I don't see him able to play the same role as Mount in midfield.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Listen, all clubs have fans like you, who will only see the negative side it's in there nature,you support the club in your own moaning way, do you sit there at the match moaning about certain players all game, or do you get behind the team no matter what. We as a club , are in very good hands under Frank and the management team, let's all judge after a few seasons, our under 18s and 23 s are doing great, and we have some young bright players in the match day squad like Marriott, Holmes, Bogle, Evans and Roos, all these players under 25 and will get better with time, we also can now attract the best young talent from premier league clubs like Wilson, Mount and Tomori. The future is bright the future is Black and White. Now come on Mclovin start to enjoy life and DCFC, much better watching football with a positive attitude,  you never know you might start to enjoy it again.

Yawn, you criticised me and @RoyMac5 regularly last season because we said Rowett wasn’t the right man for the job and now you’re changing your chunk RE Rowett. You are what they call a “hypocrite”.  This is a forum, I always support the team and individual players at matches which is the most important thing. If you are happy to ignore the flaws in the team and think everything is rosy then more fool you. Or do you want me to lie and say we are the best team in the world? And how do you know we are in very good hands with Lampard? I agree that he’s doing a decent job but what if he jumps at the first opportunity like he did to his boyhood club West Ham? None of us can know for sure. I hope Lampard is loyal and doesn’t flirt with other clubs like Rowett did.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I don't think we expected a first time manager to be getting everything right first time round. At least with Frank if we go behind I still have faith that we might come back from it. Under Rowett its game over. 

Not to mention the fact that Frank basically had almost no fullbacks to choose from last night or our main striker or the lynch pin of the midfield. We are struggling with injuries and have no cash to bring any replacements in at the moment. I don't really think Frank can do much better with the limited resources he has at his disposal at the moment and his use of our academy is a really refreshing change over some of our recent managers.

I am definitely pro-Frank...but he has to take some responsibility.... he brought Waghorn in and hasn't played him up front and relied on Nugent who was running through treacle.  He didn't pick Wisdom or Tomori at right back and has persisted with Bryson who has looked out if sorts. He has kept faith with Lawrence and not coached him into being less wasteful. He also picked Evans and left Huddlestone on the bench. 

Not saying he is wrong on all counts but those choices were on him and I think we were poor. Blind faith is as pointless as constant nit-picking. In the league performances have been very patchy and some of that is down to him.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Wisdom was not fully fit - I doubt he could have lasted an entire game and quite frankly he did nothing last night to prove to me that he can actually defend.

If he wasn't fit he shouldn't have been on the bench. Why not stick a 18/23s RB in? Could be no worse tbh.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yawn, you criticised me and @RoyMac5 regularly last season because we said Rowett wasn’t the right man for the job and now you’re changing your chunk RE Rowett. You are what they call a “hypocrite”.  This is a forum, I always support the team and individual players at matches which is the most important thing. If you are happy to ignore the flaws in the team and think everything is rosy then more fool you. Or do you want me to lie and say we are the best team in the world? And how do you know we are in very good hands with Lampard? I agree that he’s doing a decent job but what if he jumps at the first opportunity like he did to his boyhood club West Ham? None of us can know for sure. I hope Lampard is loyal and doesn’t flirt with other clubs like Rowett did.

Yes I did stick up for Rowett at times, but then he did the dirty on us, Now you and Roy Mac, know loads about the game, so please tell me what you would do different with the club, and by the way you both love it when things go wrong, and nobody said we were the best team in the world, but we are a work in progress, and doing fine at the moment, that's my opinion and many others , you carry on, but you will never be happy, I can tell that by the posts you make.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I am definitely pro-Frank...but he has to take some responsibility.... he brought Waghorn in and hasn't played him up front and relied on Nugent who was running through treacle.  He didn't pick Wisdom or Tomori at right back and has persisted with Bryson who has looked out if sorts. He has kept faith with Lawrence and not coached him into being less wasteful. He also picked Evans and left Huddlestone on the bench. 

Not saying he is wrong on all counts but those choices were on him and I think we were poor. Blind faith is as pointless as constant nit-picking. In the league performances have been very patchy and some of that is down to him.

As I said before and in the matchday thread I agree that Waghorn should have been our main striker last night. However I fail to see how putting Tomori at right back fixes anything - maybe you could have played an untested Macdonald at CB then I suppose, but Wisdom was not fit enough (or good enough) for an entire game. I also do prefer Huddlestone, but I'm not really sure why Evans is getting so much hate for last night - certainly no worse than most of the players in our team yesterday.

42 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I disagree, nowhere has Lampard come out and said this is a transition season, he said promotion is the aim.

Of course he's not going to say that, we're in a good spot and saying something to the contrary would be derailing.

Don’t get me wrong I’m glad we have got King and Cole in, but they’re in their thirties, Waghorn, Malone and Jozefzoon aren’t exactly young either .

King and Cole are clearly stopgaps, Waghorn, Malone and Jozefzoon are all very good squad at this level and I imagine are on significantly less wages than the players who they're replacing (people like Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, Ledley). He's also signed Marriott, Evans and Holmes who are all in the early twenties, while we also have a good number of players out on loan who will be reassess for next season such as Thomas, Lowe, Mitchell, Pearce, Martin and Thorne. Admittedly the last two are very unlikely to play for us again but you never know with football.

If this was a transition season, Lowe would still be here and we’d be integrating as many youngsters(from our own academy), as much as possible like Bird to help them get used to the league like Fulham did with sessengon. They’ve played minutes but not many. Before you say Bogle, he fell into place because of the poor form of Wisdom.

Lowe clearly isn't ready, he struggled at the start of the season and was absolutely destroyed by Clarke against Leeds. He was doing great at Aberdeen, the fans loving him and he was developing really well, it makes perfect sense to let him progress further out there if we have the option of Cole for cover. Bird is also clearly not ready, he was dreadful against Southampton but he is still making the bench and getting some gametime as sub. Looking at Sessegnon and thinking 'why aren't we doing that' is silly because he's such an exceptional talent, even moreso than Hughes for us and we intergrated him just fine (admittedly under different management).

And I didn’t say poo or bust, but it doesn’t make sense for it to be a transition season when half the squad won’t be here next year. In fact it would be mad doing that. Next season should be the transition year when Lampard has the chance to rebuild the squad completely.

Lampard at the start of the season inheirited a bloated, mashed together squad which was geared up to play extremely defensive and resilient football. The only money he's had to spend has been through the sale of Vydra and the freeing up of wages previously occupied by the likes of Bent, Baird, Shackell. He's done very well with the limited funds he's had and we've somehow found ourselves near the playoffs again even though we've spent all season transitioning to a completely new style of football. You say it's mad doing what Lampard has done yet you only need to look further down the table at the likes of Ipswich and Swansea to see what happens to clubs who don't invest, don't bring in any loans and rely solely on their current squad with a bit of youth thrown in.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Yes I did stick up for Rowett at times, but then he did the dirty on us, Now you and Roy Mac, know loads about the game, so please tell me what you would do different with the club, and by the way you both love it when things go wrong, and nobody said we were the best team in the world, but we are a work in progress, and doing fine at the moment, that's my opinion and many others , you carry on, but you will never be happy, I can tell that by the posts you make.

Yes I absolutely hate Derby, I hate the city, the club I’ve had a season ticket for many years, Mel Morris, Lampard, I hate the lot. In fact, I want the club to crash and burn.You’ve got it right on the money ?. This is a forum discussion board where we can discuss the positives and things we personally believe that need improving in the team. Don’t like it? Don’t use the forum. Don’t say that someone doesn’t support or get behind the club just because they’ve got a different opinion to yourself, rant over. Enjoy your evening.

Last seasons manager told our best midfielder in a generation that he wasn’t his kind of footballer and sold him on the cheap to a tinpot Prem club. Give me Lampard and his slightly misfiring style of football over that see you next Tuesday’s hoofball any day.

Just now, McLovin said:

Yes I absolutely hate Derby, I hate the city, the club I’ve had a season ticket for many years, Mel Morris, Lampard, I hate the lot. In fact, I want the club to crash and burn.You’ve got it right on the money ?. This is a forum discussion board where we can discuss the positives and things we personally believe that need improving in the team. Don’t like it? Don’t use the forum. Don’t say that someone doesn’t support or get behind the club just because they’ve got a different opinion to yourself, rant over. Enjoy your evening.

Come on then, what would you do different, what positives have you got to offer, I have been going since 1979, and yes I am a glass half full type of guy, and I always enjoy my evening thankyou very much. Once a positive Ram Always a Positive Ram.

13 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

...and by the way you both love it when things go wrong, and nobody said we were the best team in the world, but we are a work in progress, and doing fine at the moment, that's my opinion and many others , you carry on, but you will never be happy, I can tell that by the posts you make.

Oh dear is that how you deal with fans who question what they see on the pitch/in the squad/club ownership?

I've had an earworm all day - "...on the march with Arthurs Army...Derby are the best team in the land..." See I can remember singing that and it being true (although actually I'm thinking of our title winning teams really). 

As for doing fine atm, well only time will tell, but there are some decisions and non-decisions that seem 'odd'. Why wouldn't fans talk about it? Does talking about the team/manager/squad/selection really mean we can only say positive things? Lol. #whatever

A happy Rams fan is what I am when we are a club to be proud of. 

We now try to score rather than not letting goals in and yes sometimes it goes either way under both

but this season we have had sell Vydra wieman and Jerome whilst sending out Martin again - four people who have good records of scoring goals and we have been left with nugent who couldn’t run after January last season and looks similar right now again and Marriott who give us something different but he has missed many matches whilst having Wilson is a bonus 

to me we are punching above our weight because of many reasons

lack of goal scorers 

lack of cover in central defence 

loss of Forsyth and no full back capable of stopping a cross 

limitations in midfield which is mainly because we continue to play with a defensive midfielder who doesn’t do a great deal leaving the other two to do a dreadfully large amount of work

our best players so far this season have been in order

wilson 

Keogh

marriott

tomari

mount

bennett 

Now hopefully Cole can help at full back and king adds a spare for midfield but for me we have looked very good in games when we have played a 442 With obviously two central forwards and wide players who do as they are told ( Bennett waghorn Holmes Wilson  )

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Of course he's not going to say that, we're in a good spot and saying something to the contrary would be derailing.

King and Cole are clearly stopgaps, Waghorn, Malone and Jozefzoon are all very good squad at this level and I imagine are on significantly less wages than the players who they're replacing (people like Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, Ledley). He's also signed Marriott, Evans and Holmes who are all in the early twenties, while we also have a good number of players out on loan who will be reassess for next season such as Thomas, Lowe, Mitchell, Pearce, Martin and Thorne. Admittedly the last two are very unlikely to play for us again but you never know with football.

Lowe clearly isn't ready, he struggled at the start of the season and was absolutely destroyed by Clarke against Leeds. He was doing great at Aberdeen, the fans loving him and he was developing really well, it makes perfect sense to let him progress further out there if we have the option of Cole for cover. Bird is also clearly not ready, he was dreadful against Southampton but he is still making the bench and getting some gametime as sub. Looking at Sessegnon and thinking 'why aren't we doing that' is silly because he's such an exceptional talent, even moreso than Hughes for us and we intergrated him just fine (admittedly under different management).

Lampard at the start of the season inheirited a bloated, mashed together squad which was geared up to play extremely defensive and resilient football. The only money he's had to spend has been through the sale of Vydra and the freeing up of wages previously occupied by the likes of Bent, Baird, Shackell. He's done very well with the limited funds he's had and we've somehow found ourselves near the playoffs again even though we've spent all season transitioning to a completely new style of football. You say it's mad doing what Lampard has done yet you only need to look further down the table at the likes of Ipswich and Swansea to see what happens to clubs who don't invest, don't bring in any loans and rely solely on their current squad with a bit of youth thrown in.

I didn’t say not to invest or bring in loans, but in my opinion we are building the team around players who aren’t go to be here next season(the loan players) when we should be building it around the players who are going to be here. I think we have different interpretations of the word transition. I’m guessing that you mean it in general terms of changing the style from the more defensive Rowett style to lampard’s possession game? I mean it in context of transition of the squad by getting rid of the players on big money who are going to be out of contract and coaching players to fit the style. To me it seems pointless coaching certain players(some of the older players who are out of contract and the loan players) to fit the long term aim when they aren’t going to be here next year.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This doesn't necessarily fill me with happiness, I've not been overwhelmed with FLs squad building so far.

All I can say to that is we should be patient for once as a fanbase and cut some slack for a manager who's in his first job. He's jumped into one of the hardest leagues in the world with no previous managerial experience, all things considered he's surely doing quite well?

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I disagree, nowhere has Lampard come out and said this is a transition season, he said promotion is the aim. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad we have got King and Cole in, but they’re in their thirties, Waghorn, Malone and Jozefzoon aren’t exactly young either . If this was a transition season, Lowe would still be here and we’d be integrating as many youngsters(from our own academy), as much as possible like Bird to help them get used to the league like Fulham did with sessengon. They’ve played minutes but not many. Before you say Bogle, he fell into place because of the poor form of Wisdom. And I didn’t say poo or bust, but it doesn’t make sense for it to be a transition season when half the squad won’t be here next year. In fact it would be mad doing that. Next season should be the transition year when Lampard has the chance to rebuild the squad completely.

Rubbish. He has repeatedly said we are transitioning. 

Just now, lrm14 said:

All I can say to that is we should be patient for once as a fanbase and cut some slack for a manager who's in his first job. He's jumped into one of the hardest leagues in the world with no previous managerial experience, all things considered he's surely doing quite well?

Every fan will have an opinion on that. I've told @Curtains I'm happier with FL than Ssssnake, but that doesn't mean it will all end like a fairytale...or perhaps it will. I think FL will get cut plenty of slack, not quite as much as Clough Jr but a fair amount.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear is that how you deal with fans who question what they see on the pitch/in the squad/club ownership?

I've had an earworm all day - "...on the march with Arthurs Army...Derby are the best team in the land..." See I can remember singing that and it being true. 

As for doing fine atm, well only time will tell, but there are some decisions and non-decisions that seem 'odd'. Why wouldn't fans talk about it? Does talking about the team/manager/squad/selection really mean we can only say positive things? Lol. #whatever

A happy Rams fan is what I am when we are a club to be proud of. 

Yes loved Arthur's team, and went all over England with the Rams, but I can not see why fans are having a go at Frank and the team, most of the season have been good, and will get better,  I have my thoughts on Derby at the moment, and I am happy with how things are going, can not wait antill the next game, think it could be a great end to the season.

Archived