Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

52 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Shouldn't say this but...………………….its good to see we have developed some resistance to late bombardments.        And maybe the post-Xmas collapse is being avoided ??    Thanks Frank !!

It isn’t February yet...

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

What game were you watching?

Huddlestone is by far the most gifted player we've had in years, his biggest problem is we haven't always had the players around him to one give him space to play and two be on the same wave length. 

I agree with you and therefore agree with @cannable. A player of his ability should be controlling the tempo and finding white shirts when we are under the cosh. He didn’t do that second half. Obviously, this would be because he was as shot as the rest of them and tired legs caused the  lethargic long passes. But sometimes he was trying the Hollywood pass intbe second half when it would have been far more helpful to help retain the ball for a bit and get our shape back.

Still heavily involved in everything good in the first 20 minutes, but him fading, you could argue, was the main reason for the team fading. A long way from his best - but it’s okay to be tired.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hope your Grandma is ok @jono

Technically speaking she’s my mother in law be we all call her grandma. She’s really wobbly these days but before every Saturday game I have to set her radio up, give her my iPad with sky sports ap and she listens to Craig at the same time as making sure Luton (her grandsons team ) are doing ok, then DCFC, then Burton Albion who are really her team. She then reminds me that her uncle played for Derby’s youth team before the war but when they stopped paying his bus fare to get to training, he had to get a job at the brewery ?. She also wants Nigel back, because “he’s a very polite young man” and his dad bought a coffee from her once, when she worked at the little chef on the A38. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Roos - did ok, not a lot of shot stopping but caught well and distribution was decent - one crazy moment

bogle - better

keogh - ok 

tomori - better suited against teams who play football but still had a Keogh moment 

malone - decent going forward and ok at the back but got easily beat twice

huddlestone - decent 1st half passenger 2nd half sadly

mount - energetic but couldn’t stem the tide 2nd half

wilson - always decent going forward but we can’t expect the defensive side to be great 

holmes - nice to see the little guy get a goal worked hard

waghorn - did ok never looked like scoring and lacks pace which is a shame

marriott - he looks injured or tired to me?

subs - Bennett - good to have power and pace on the bench as he gives opponents a big problem late on 

other subs irrelevant 

this was a very important win in our season I believe as anything else would have had a bad knock on effect

i think we definitely need another proper centre forward but I don’t think we can afford one this season then again the same goes for another good mobile central midfielder and a centre half who can do the championship 

That’s funny, I saw him score. Just happened to be offside! ?

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm a fan of Huddlestone but 2nd half yesterday just wasn't 'him' 

Screenshot_20190120-130255.thumb.png.7335e430527bdace2b20470804aa7cb5.png

This is Tom taking the freekick that Reading scored from. He's well inside Reading's half with a whole load of good attacking options, but he's decided he's going to turn his back on the Reading goal. The objective is apparently to go backwards and thread it through to our defenders to put them under as much unnecessary pressure as possible. 

One of the most stupid and unnecessary goals I've seen conceded for a long time. 

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is Tom taking the freekick that Reading scored from. He's well inside Reading's half with a whole load of good attacking options, but he's decided he's going to turn his back on the Reading goal. The objective is apparently to go backwards and thread it through to our defenders to put them under as much unnecessary pressure as possible. 

One of the most stupid and unnecessary goals I've seen conceded for a long time. 

And thats what drives me crackers about him. Safe. Slow. Sidewards. Backwards. 

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whatever happened to the 10 yard rules for free kicks anywhere else on the pitch other than one near the box?

Reading players were blocking all angles going forward. But it was a lazy free kick followed up by a lazy pass by i think mount, and a very lazy pass by tomori.

20 hours ago, Sasha said:

My friend works 4 x 12 hour shifts on a children's ward, she's knackered by end of the day with veins in her legs that need surgery . And all for £26k a year. Perhaps £26k a week would make the pain far more worthwhile and enable her get treatment that she cannot get on NHS.  Stop feeling sorry for young men on salaries that are to be fair outrageous because they are "tired". 

Where have I said I 'feel sorry' for the players. I've merely stated a fact and that is that any teams asked to play 220 minutes of football in 4 days will look tired towards the end of that stint and are unlikely to look as sharp as they would with more recovery time. Not sure what is so unreasonable about that assertion that it demands a sermon about NHS workers with vein issues. Completely irrelevant and unnecessary unless of course you are also inferring I care less about nurses working conditions than the health of footballers. Way too many false and unfounded assumptions I'm afraid ?

18 hours ago, rynny said:

You speak so much rubbish about referees. The ref today was a total homer. We got so many decisions today that we shouldn't have got. 

Mount wasn't booked today, so not sure where you got that from. 

Got in there before @Mafiabob with this. 

HE was penalised three times in a row when he clearly got the ball, and while doing his foam bit for the free kick for the third incident, he had a long talk with Mount, and it looked to me like the card was waved. If not, then my bad. However, he dis go off the boil a little after that, so I assumed he was trying to avoid a second yellow,

Also, the Holmes booking was fair (ish) - Holmes went between two players, both of whom pulled him back one after the other, and Holmes was caught by a flailing arm. Nothing was given, so he took the law into his own  hands  by tripping the flailer moments later, for which he was rightly booked. I can understand his frustration, but it could have been a red.

We did get a number of decisions which we shouldn't have, but I think that was in the first half, so perhaps he wasn't as good as I first thought. But at least we have actually had a "homer", if only for the first half. So that' what one looks like! 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Whatever happened to the 10 yard rules for free kicks anywhere else on the pitch other than one near the box?

Reading players were blocking all angles going forward. But it was a lazy free kick followed up by a lazy pass by i think mount, and a very lazy pass by tomori.

It was incredibly, frustratingly, avoidable. In fact as we got the free kick, ramafe was just saying ‘c’mon derby, grab that third now and put this to bed.’

we also tried to take a quick free kick, and the ref pulled it back, but, if they’re not backing up, then we’re well within our rights to just stand their and let the clock tick down. Why are we trying to force a move that’s not on?

so many grievances with that goal. Why didn’t the ref let us take it quick? Why did we want to take it quick in the first place? Why did we then decide to take it quick again, when they’re not 10 yards away, and therefore there’s no decent options on and nothing to be gained by going quick? Why was it then played backwards, putting pressure on the defence?

aaargh!! So frustrating (I’ve isaid it 3 times now, and I don’t care). Anyway, we won, so duck it. You’re allowed to make a mistake in my book, as long as you learn from it. If I ever see anything ike that again, my head might explode. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

HE was penalised three times in a row when he clearly got the ball, and while doing his foam bit for the free kick for the third incident, he had a long talk with Mount, and it looked to me like the card was waved. If not, then my bad. However, he dis go off the boil a little after that, so I assumed he was trying to avoid a second yellow,

Also, the Holmes booking was fair (ish) - Holmes went between two players, both of whom pulled him back one after the other, and Holmes was caught by a flailing arm. Nothing was given, so he took the law into his own  hands  by tripping the flailer moments later, for which he was rightly booked. I can understand his frustration, but it could have been a red.

We did get a number of decisions which we shouldn't have, but I think that was in the first half, so perhaps he wasn't as good as I first thought. But at least we have actually had a "homer", if only for the first half. So that' what one looks like! 

Take no notice mate.

you keep slagging refs off.

blimey whats it coming to when you can't slag the ref off.

(Unless you're Ed Daws, and then it does become a bit tedious tbh).

Just now, RamNut said:

Take no notice mate.

Ta RamNut. I wish I didn't have to. I wish they all performed to the level which Andy Taylor did on Wednesday. 

One day, one day, maybe!

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Take no notice mate.

There is nothing wrong with calling the ref's performance, just like there is nothing wrong with me disagreeing with said opinion, especially when there is a lot of errors in the opinion (Mount giving away 3 quick fouls, there were 2 fouls 5 mins before half time and then another 5 minutes after half time then being booked for examples).

Like I said, imo,the ref gave a number of decisions our way that weren't even close to being ours. 50/50s went our way a lot more than against us. I would be annoyed if I was a Reading fan (and I would be annoyed at the refs performance also ?

13 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Ta RamNut. I wish I didn't have to. I wish they all performed to the level which Andy Taylor did on Wednesday. 

One day, one day, maybe!

They are going to make mistakes, they are human. I feel as though you complain even when there is no need to, you seem to think that the league has something against us, and it gets tedious and takes away from any decent point you make. 

45 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

I thought it looked massively offside at the time and so did most people around me in block I.

What we didnt see was their player (presumably left back) playing him on, looked at the replay a few times and he's pretty much level so goal good.

And credit to the linesman who was attentive and perfectly positioned to judge.

Archived