58 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Are people suggesting that Holmes is our future RB? A player with skill who can beat a man with excellent dribbling should become a defender all because an 18 year old has struggled to deal with crosses in his first season. Seriously?

Holmes has a future as one of our advanced CM’s while also being able to cover on the wing. He is not and should not be considered to be an option as our permanent RB, it would waste his talent

Bogle is decent on the ball but Holmes is excellent. The way we try and play it out from the back means Holmes would see more of the ball at RB than on wing.

Then when Holmes gets the ball in attacking places, he is obviously much better. A back 4 of Holmes, Cole, Keogh and Tomori could be the best we've ever had in terms of ball playing defenders. 

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Bogle is decent on the ball but Holmes is excellent. The way we try and play it out from the back means Holmes would see more of the ball at RB than on wing.

Then when Holmes gets the ball in attacking places, he is obviously much better. A back 4 of Holmes, Cole, Keogh and Tomori could be the best we've ever had in terms of ball playing defenders. 

Also, Valencia and young, both at Man utd, also wingers, were moved to full backs. If it's good enough tactic for Fergie it's good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Here what Ur saying mate and it makes sense 

Id just rather like to see players who can create and cause the opposition problems in and around their box

playing him deeper would be letting them off the hook to a degree and although I wasn’t Christie’s biggest fan I do feel for the lad because he was our outlet and attacking Option from full back. Half the time he ran himself into the ground going up and down that flank and that’s when mistakes are made 

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

He could play wing back in a 5, as a full back in a 4 it'd be such a waste. Plus, we'd get done more on backpost crosses than we ever have.

Edited by Srg

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

It would.

The obvious drawback being that if I was an opposition manager and had done my spying I'd be sticking my tallest player on the left and get some diagonals / crosses coming from in the other side.

That said Holmes looked very good in his little stints at fb.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

And absolutely poo in the air and at bread and butter defending,  we are light weight enough at the back as it is Holmes should never in a million years be played at fullback that would be an awful decision, the first priority for a fullback is defending and heading and Holmes with his height and physique wouldn't be capable against  most strikers in this league.  A clever striker will always drift on to the weak link at the back , and with how easy it is to put crosses in against us it would be asking for trouble to have Holmes at the back post.

Edited by WAGHORNY RAM99

16 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

If we see Bennett having a future on the right wing then him and Holmes would be excellent imo. Bennett tends to track back and cover the full back while Holmes would overlap very well. 

Holmes will be CM next year

20 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

And absolutely poo in the air and at bread and butter defending,  we are light weight enough at the back as it is Holmes should never in a million years be played at fullback that would be an awful decision, the first priority for a fullback is defending and heading and Holmes with his height and physique wouldn't be capable against  most strikers in this league.  A clever striker will always drift on to the weak link at the back , and with how easy it is to put crosses in against us it would be asking for trouble to have Holmes at the back post.

So your saying Frank makes aweful decisions !? 

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

So your saying Frank makes aweful decisions !? 

To play him as a sub right back when Bogle was tired was perfectly fine, to have him as the first choice right back would be an awful decision though, which I am sure he won't make.