Bogle

DCFC1388

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Doodle said:

I couldn’t possibly do a worse job than the decision makers over the last 3 years or so. Butterfield 4 mil, Johnson 5 mil, Blackman 3 mil, Anya 4 mil etc etc. All on long contracts plus high wages. Add to that the extension of contracts to players on loan and long term injured. That’s why we’re in a position where we have to consider selling our young talents 

Yeah terrible managers make terrible purchases, Clement has been poor everywhere since us and Pearson is one appointment away from getting sectioned. I just don't agree with selling Bogle at this point, especially for £8m + a Vydra loan like you suggested because the last thing we need is another poacher.

Good fullbacks are really important for getting out of the championship; I can't name a single team that's gone up with poor fullbacks and the consistent ones are particularly difficult for a championship club to find. We've got an academy prospect who has outperformed a 25 year old Andre Wisdom for the majority of this season and could very much be a key part in our future.

Even if we ignore the long term security he could provide us at right back, people are forgetting that we'd be selling him in January which is an awful time to bring players in. Prices go up because clubs don't want to part with players halfway through the season and clubs will know we have a nice big bag of Bogle money lying around and charge us a premium for anyone we go after. Personally I'd wait until the summer and if they're still interested, think about it seriously then.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If we were offered 8 million I would take it in a heartbeat - Christie was a better player we sold him for 2.7.

Christie is nowhere near as good as Bogle is now - the gap in quality between the 2 will be huge in 2 or 3 years time.

I oils t sell him, FL rates him, supposedly two PL teams are interested in him, and undoubtedly the lads got talent and at 18 is only going to get better.

Yes it would generate funds, however good quality layers don’t come cheap, Flint for example was 7m I believe, we could easily spend the funds and not get promoted and once again lose another one of our best youth academy players.

24 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Afraid not - Christie was a better player . Sorry and all that.  The gap in division and international caps would also prove otherwise .

So the 8 year age difference counts for nothing then? OK.

You're still wrong though 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't go too much on age to be honest,  if your good enough and all that.  Will he get better ? maybe . Will he get better than 8 million - I don't think so .

He’s 18 ffs ?? give the lad a chance. This is his first ever season as a pro footballer playing championship football. He’ll learn and progress 

9 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

He’s 18 ffs ?? give the lad a chance. This is his first ever season as a pro footballer playing championship football. He’ll learn and progress 

FFS at what point have I inferred he shouldn't have a chance .  I just think if were offered 8 million I would grab it .  Age is irrelevant . Gary Kelly was 18 when he was phenomenal  , so was Seamus Coleman when Holloway said he was the most complete fullback he'd managed . So was Maldini when he played for AC Milan and became vice captain a year later and played for the Italian national team .  As I said will he get better -maybe . Will we get offered eight million again,( if that's the case)  I doubt it.

We need to get a better grip on how good these players are . The only one we had our pants down over was Hughes, who looked a class act above most in this division at -18.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

FFS at what point have I inferred he shouldn't have a chance .  I just think if were offered 8 million I would grab it .  Age is irrelevant . Gary Kelly was 18 when he was phenomenal  , so was Seamus Coleman when Holloway said he was the most complete fullback he'd managed . So was Maldini when he played for AC Milan and became vice captain a year later and played for the Italian national team .  As I said will he get better -maybe . Will we get offered eight million again,( if that's the case)  I doubt it.

We need to get a better grip on how good these players are . The only one we had our pants down over was Hughes, who looked a class act above most in this division at -18.

How is age irrelevant???? That’s probably the main reason why players sell so highly. Why not keep him and let him grow like Maddison and grealish then sell him for £20 mill plus ? We don’t need to get a “better grip” we need to actually let the lad learn from his positives and negatives in the game so he can fulfill his potential. He’s only played 24 games and yet you’ve already made your assumption he’s not good enough based on what exactly??

Archived