Bogle

DCFC1388

10 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

At 18 Mings was not at Ipswich. He was playing non-league football ??

Either way you're clearly a massive fan of Bogel, as I was with Vydra.

The bottom line is, the squad still needs a hell of a lot of work and we don't have the money to reinvest, with Wisdom already at the club the arguement isn't whether Bogle will become a top player or not. It's whether at this stage where arguably he isn't a good defender we can turn a large amount of income(in Championship terms) into 2/3 signings and improve the whole squad like we did in the summer with Vydra. 

I don’t disagree with your points, I was just pointing out that I believe he is worth more than 8m in today’s market. Obviously you can only get what you are offered, however a lot of posters saying they would bite their hand off at this price imo are under valuing him.

I also won’t say I’m a massive fan, I think at this stage of his career there is every possibility Wisdom could do as good a job for the rest of the season, I’m just looking at his potential and value in a few years time as I believe he has all the attributes to become a top class player.

Id sell him for 10m + everyone’s favourite  hendrick coming in the other way ?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t disagree with your points, I was just pointing out that I believe he is worth more than 8m in today’s market. Obviously you can only get what you are offered, however a lot of posters saying they would bite their hand off at this price imo are under valuing him.

I also won’t say I’m a massive fan, I think at this stage of his career there is every possibility Wisdom could do as good a job for the rest of the season, I’m just looking at his potential and value in a few years time as I believe he has all the attributes to become a top class player.

Yep, sure Henders is biting at the bit to drop down a division....

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11607924/burnley-eyeing-move-for-derby-defender-jayden-bogle

Burnley are monitoring Derby County's highly-rated right-back Jayden Bogle.

Sky Sports News understands Rams boss Frank Lampard would be willing to let the 18-year old defender leave in the current January transfer window if the right deal can be agreed.

No poo sky, well up to date

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

All opinions on a player’s worth are subjective and they’re only worth what the buying club is prepared to pay.Personally,I’d say that £8m with a sell on clause would be an amazing piece of business ( providing we brought in 2/3 players)but,as with Will Hughes,I don’t see a lot of clubs queuing to sign him.

I was at the game on Friday and when i checked the team on Twitter he was 1000% named on the bench. 

At HT Nugent came out early for a run around so i knew he was coming on. He was then followed by the rest of the subs but not Bogle.

I thought Bogle might be coming on but i saw him come down the tunnel with Chris Jones in his coat and joggers. Add the moving of Holmes to fullback and it sort of paints a picture.

Did Burnley not want him playing? or is he injured?

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

All opinions on a player’s worth are subjective and they’re only worth what the buying club is prepared to pay.Personally,I’d say that £8m with a sell on clause would be an amazing piece of business ( providing we brought in 2/3 players)but,as with Will Hughes,I don’t see a lot of clubs queuing to sign him.

Where would this queue form just so I can keep an eye out for it ?

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I was at the game on Friday and when i checked the team on Twitter he was 1000% named on the bench. 

At HT Nugent came out early for a run around so i knew he was coming on. He was then followed by the rest of the subs but not Bogle.

I thought Bogle might be coming on but i saw him come down the tunnel with Chris Jones in his coat and joggers. Add the moving of Holmes to fullback and it sort of paints a picture.

Did Burnley not want him playing? or is he injured?

From watching tomori's Instagram story, Bogle seems to be on the coach down to southhampton. Id put Holmes moving to RB down to Lampard's substitutions, and lack of forward planning. 

10 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

How is age irrelevant???? That’s probably the main reason why players sell so highly. Why not keep him and let him grow like Maddison and grealish then sell him for £20 mill plus ? We don’t need to get a “better grip” we need to actually let the lad learn from his positives and negatives in the game so he can fulfill his potential. He’s only played 24 games and yet you’ve already made your assumption he’s not good enough based on what exactly??

As explained  I haven't said he isn't good enough - i'm saying he's not worth turning eight million down . This is becoming an agree to disagree situation .  If you think he's worth more than eight million great .

I'm in favour of selling seems like we could use the cash. Southampton did fairly well out of selling their promising talent as long as it's a good deal and we keep finding other talent to fill the void. Do we have any other right backs in u23s ? 

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

In the minds eye of some of our more deluded fans!

I must admit I haven’t read the whole thread, however i have seen nothing that any fans has made up, just stories from the press. The only assumptions seem to be coming from your post.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As explained  I haven't said he isn't good enough - i'm saying he's not worth turning eight million down . This is becoming an agree to disagree situation .  If you think he's worth more than eight million great .

Yeah I do. Sound

7 hours ago, AdamRam said:

I must admit I haven’t read the whole thread, however i have seen nothing that any fans has made up, just stories from the press. The only assumptions seem to be coming from your post.

Perhaps you need to read the thread then?! The point I’m emphasising is that some of our fans get somewhat unrealistic about transfer valuations of our talented younger players regardless of who or who may not be interested in them.The rumour mill usually gets triggered in every transfer window and this one is no exception.Sky Sports have confirmed that Burnley are “monitoring” Bogle and Lampard has indicated that he would be tempted by a sizeable offer.

Archived