NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a really great Superbowl.  The result will be down to defences, can 9ers contain Mahomes, and can the Chiefs stop the run game?  I guess one advantage the 9ers have is that they can win in different ways.  The run game was so good yesterday they hardly had to use use Kittle or the receivers as outlets.  I can see some crazy scheming/plays coming from both sides in a couple of weeks.

Even though I'm a big 9ers fan, I wouldn't begrudge losing to a generational talent/legendary coach combo like Mahomes & Andy Reid.

I said the Niners were legit when they beat the breaks off us in the first meeting this season. They just made it a hard game, we had lost two leading up to that - Seahawks which we would've won had it not been for a rare Greg the Leg miss and the Buccs which Marcus Peters decided to give up massive play after massive play. In fact, I think that game in particular ended his Rams career. 

Niners just dominated us, squeezed the life out of us. I said at the time that they were legit and would go to the Super Bowl. I think they slowed down with injuries, but now they're fully fit they're back to the same level. 

I think Mahomes is a generational talent, perhaps will go on to prove he's the best to ever do it, but I'd be surprised if the Niners don't take the big prize. As a Ram, I will be throwing my FULL support behind Mahomes & Co but I will be putting money on the Niners. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want the 49ers to win and I think they will.

They're the team that essentially ended the Saints season when they won with seconds left at week 14, taking us from 1st seed to 3rd - and I'm one of those people who wants the team that knocked my team out of a competition to win the whole thing ? (unless they did so in egregiously). 

The 49ers to Rams fans are like Forest are to Derby fans, filthy red dogs.

In fact, like Forest with their Euro wins, their fans can never stfu about the 80's

I fear they'll win because KC hasn't met a D this good, but I'll vomit with disgust if they do.

Other than obviously Mahomes winning it all on his own, I see a KC path to win by rattling JG because that guy could be the worst QB to win a Superbowl since Trent Dilfer.

Cue Jimmy Narcissist launching it for 421 yards 4 TD's and winning the MVP.

Archived