NFL 2019 Season

David

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thread.

Was the legendary Jim Marshall’s birthday the other day. One of the Purple People Eaters. Set many records for the Vikings, had his number 70 jersey retired, should be in the Hall of Fame with his fellow eaters of people Alan Page and Carl Eller.

unfortunately he’s mostly remembered by non Vikings fans for this ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Oi... I was a rams fan when they were rubbish! Don’t tar us all either he glory hunters tag ?

Tbf - if you're a fan of anyone other than the Patriots for more than a few years, you've likely sat through a mediocre or worse season. That's what I love about the competition.

All 3 of my first seasons following the Saints were 7-9 seasons ? ducking boring as poo.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Tbf - if you're a fan of anyone other than the Patriots for more than a few years, you've likely sat through a mediocre or worse season. That's what I love about the competition.

All 3 of my first seasons following the Saints were 7-9 seasons ? ducking boring as poo.

Absolutely, the way they design it with the draft system and I believe even the way the fixtures are done (though im no expert, and don’t really understand it) is to make it harder for the teams who’ve been successful and give the struggling teams a better chance to improve is brilliant.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

and I believe even the way the fixtures are done

Yeah, the better performing teams do get a slightly harder schedule the next season - I believe it's done as follows:

Let's say we finish 1st in NFC South, the next season schedule would be:

6 games v teams in NFC South

4 games against another NFC division (on a 3 year rotational basis)

4 games against another AFC division (on a 4 year rotational basis)

2 games against the 1st placed finishers in the NFC divisions that you're not already playing on a rotational basis.

Sounds complicated but pretty simple really.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah, the better performing teams do get a slightly harder schedule the next season - I believe it's done as follows:

Let's say we finish 1st in NFC South, the next season schedule would be:

6 games v teams in NFC South

4 games against another NFC division (on a 3 year rotational basis)

4 games against another AFC division (on a 4 year rotational basis)

2 games against the 1st placed finishers in the NFC divisions that you're not already playing on a rotational basis.

Sounds complicated but pretty simple really.

Nicely explained ?

On the subject of fixtures...what’s everyone’s schedule for next season looking like?

these are ours for next season ?

the home games don’t look too bad, would expect to win 5 at least maybe even all 8 if things went well...but it’s unilikely. We need good home form though, because those road games ? 4 play off teams plus the Giants who I expect to be better next season.

of course there’s a draft to come yet, and the NFL is unpredictable, no one was expecting Chicago to absolutely smash our division before the season started.

FC4D0133-6A47-48FE-86EE-A235ADC21DB4.jpeg

30 minutes ago, David said:

Home: Ratbirds, Browns, Bengals, Bills, Colts, Dolphins, Rams, Seahawks

Away: Ratbirds, Browns, Bengals, 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Chargers, Cardinals

That’s not to bad, I’d snap your hand off for those road games, compared to ours.

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

That’s not to bad, I’d snap your hand off for those road games, compared to ours.

Our road games are slightly nausea inducing, but things can change quickly.

Home: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers
Away: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Our road games are slightly nausea inducing, but things can change quickly.

Home: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers
Away: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans

Yeah, right now, that looks horrible.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Change teams @jimbo jones, there’s still time ?

Appenrantly he’s not so bad as an OC ? it’s only rumour, with the fact he worked with Mike Zimmer at the Bengals possibly behind.

The other rumour going round is we want Bill Callahan as OC who currently o line coach at the redskins...he took the Raiders to the Super Bowl as head coach back in 2002ish....I’d prefer him.

Archived