NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d have bet on Apocalypse sooner than Ravens getting blown out at home in the play-offs to the Titans.

I’m happy for Rodger Saffold, fast becoming one of the biggest mistake the Rams have made in their history. He’s an absolute monster in the run game, the numbers don’t lie - Gurley used to use him as a gate and that gate shut quick when he left. 

Unpredictable. 

That Vikings showing really highlights how bad the Saints performance was on Wildcard weekend. Just abject. A lot of hard thinking to be done in that locker room.

Really hope the Titans win the Superbowl, it would be great if a year that had a 14-2 and three 13-3 teams went to a 9-7 wildcard.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

That Vikings showing really highlights how bad the Saints performance was on Wildcard weekend. Just abject. A lot of hard thinking to be done in that locker room.

Really hope the Titans win the Superbowl, it would be great if a year that had a 14-2 and three 13-3 teams went to a 9-7 wildcard.

You didn’t stop Cook, 49ers did. Once you stop Cook we have nothing. Play calling on offense last night was horrific. Absolutely no imagination, actually got bored watching it.  Run, run, pass every time, no misdirection, no trick plays, the one time did something different, Kirk throwing deep on first down, 41 yard touchdown, but we don’t both trying anything again until the game is practically over.

Zimmers record is pretty good, but his old fashioned, conservative style always gets found out in these games where we can’t just run the ball up the field.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

You didn’t stop Cook, 49ers did. Once you stop Cook we have nothing. Play calling on offense last night was horrific. Absolutely no imagination, actually got bored watching it.  Run, run, pass every time, no misdirection, no trick plays, the one time did something different, Kirk throwing deep on first down, 41 yard touchdown, but we don’t both trying anything again until the game is practically over.

Zimmers record is pretty good, but his old fashioned, conservative style always gets found out in these games where we can’t just run the ball up the field.

Yeah that's really my point. Usually, our run defense and short passing defense is as good as anyone's in the league. They were a step behind every play against you, just like everyone else on our team. So frustrating.

18 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Vikings got a good win against a decent Saints side, but Niners have been good all year. They were my tip for the Super Bowl since I watched them shut down the Rams earlier in the season - they’ve dropped off since then, but Seahawks/Packers shouldn’t be a problem for them.

Ravens winning it anyway, no doubt about it. 

That's as prescient as one of my predictions......?

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I'm the complete opposite, I appreciate the defence game but a high scoring game for me is always more entertaining... just like with Derby I'd prefer to win 5-4 instead of 1-0.

I appreciate that perspective; but its also worth noting great defense in the NFL is far more entertaining than great defense in football. The latter expresses itself by never allowing the opposition to create chances. The former expresses itself by continuously obliterating opposition players and occasionally scoring on their own ? 

Archived