Watchable telly

dog

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Just watched The Watcher. Not recommended watching. 

Watched it with the missus and we thought it started off fairly promising and then ran down blind alleys. Gave up after a few episodes and everyone who has seen it has said the end was dreadfully disappointing. 

Stonehouse

Name has always been known to me but I actually knew very little about it. 

Didn't think I'd enjoy it - but I was very pleasantly surprised!

Always like Matthew McFadyen anyway and the story was really interesting. Whole tone/feel was similar to the 'Canoe Man' series and really well observed and enjoyable in a low key way.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'd be firmly in the Harry camp. Given his real dad is allegedly a proper hardnut and Will's dad isn't, I'm going for Harry by TKO.

Harry is a whiny bitch.

As a true ginge he should have grabbed a piece of the broken dog’s bowl and scratched Meghan’s name into Will’s bald head.

Meghan v Kate in jelly would be a fight worth watching.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Harry is a whiny bitch.

As a true ginge he should have grabbed a piece of the broken dog’s bowl and scratched Meghan’s name into Will’s bald head.

Meghan v Kate in jelly would be a fight worth watching.

I don't even know where to start... ?

I hope I'm not dragging the Royals thread away by talking about TV, but I'm really starting to warm to Mayor of Bridgetown.

I thought it was a confusing mish-mash to start with, but clearly the writers had a long term goal and weren't bothered about hooking people from the get-go. 

I'm really glad there's a second season airing this week because it's great and I'm glad I forgot to cancel Paramount+ after getting bored with Yellowstone. 

If you're a professional binger, then you can probably watch all episodes in the 7 days free you can get with Paramount+ (via Amazon for me).

I hope Jeremy Renner makes a full recovery from his accident because if they haven't killed him off in season 2 and it doesn't tank, then I hope he's back for a 3rd season. He is an outstanding actor, and for anybody who doesn't know him, check out The Hurt Locker.

50 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I hope I'm not dragging the Royals thread away by talking about TV, but I'm really starting to warm to Mayor of Bridgetown.

I thought it was a confusing mish-mash to start with, but clearly the writers had a long term goal and weren't bothered about hooking people from the get-go. 

I'm really glad there's a second season airing this week because it's great and I'm glad I forgot to cancel Paramount+ after getting bored with Yellowstone. 

If you're a professional binger, then you can probably watch all episodes in the 7 days free you can get with Paramount+ (via Amazon for me).

I hope Jeremy Renner makes a full recovery from his accident because if they haven't killed him off in season 2 and it doesn't tank, then I hope he's back for a 3rd season. He is an outstanding actor, and for anybody who doesn't know him, check out The Hurt Locker.

I popped a recommendation up when it first aired but I'm not sure anyone was swayed to watch it. I think it's excellent, but then I love Yellowstone and the spin-offs too. Likewise Slow Horse ?

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I loved this series too.

Nonsense but in an engaging way. Thoroughly entertaining and engrossing.

50 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Not seen any of the three series.  Considering giving it a go, convince me!

A family member who was a senior police officer said it was the most authentic TV police drama.

Sarah Lancashire lives the role and the characters are well drawn. 

James Norton is also brilliant as the baddie you will really want to slap, mixing menace with the type of charm that wins people over.

You’ll know within the first episode whether it’s right for you.