Watchable telly

dog

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Not a Caves explorer then

In the USA caving is actually known as spelunking - fact of the day.

If I am spelunking with any current cast member of Silent Witness it definitely is Fox.

31 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am not prepared to marry Emilia Fox but if she wants an afternoon where we explore the insides of our bodies I would be happy to oblige.

Reporting into a microphone whilst lifting parts of you with a pair of very long tongs 😊

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am not prepared to marry Emilia Fox but if she wants an afternoon where we explore the insides of our bodies I would be happy to oblige.

That would be a more fitting plot for  Waking The Dead though.

Edited by Crewton

14 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Can't believe nobody has sussed Paul out. Classic conformation bias with some halo effect thrown in for good measure.

I've decided to stick with it & do enjoy it - as long as I skip the pointless challenges.

I don't think Paul will last til the end. They've started to work out that it's the popular & "leader" ones being killed off - so why is Paul still in?. Logic dictates he must be the one murdering the others.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

In the USA caving is actually known as spelunking - fact of the day.

If I am spelunking with any current cast member of Silent Witness it definitely is Fox.

You know Fox hunting is banned in these parts? I think they do a thing called drag hunting now, where you get to chase the scent of the Fox across a few fields. I think,or it might be chasing someone like this?

Happy Oh My God GIF by Paramount+

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

We've watched it for years, but it increasingly drives my missus up the wall. Gung-ho pathologists who play detective doesn't fit with her logic-driven brain - I just treat it as entertainment though I think it's starting to stretch even my credulity.

Still only on season 3 at the moment, but even one or two of the early ones seem a little 'extreme'.

15 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Looking forward to this. Consistently brilliant.

Thanks Bob. You just cheered me up.

Gotta love Larry. Challenging social conventions for over fifty years.

And no one swears as well as Suze!

On 18/01/2024 at 07:59, i-Ram said:

She'd definitely be welcome to the best 90 seconds of my life.

I've got the dreaded Rona, so been laying up since Wednesday which has allowed me to re-visit Gomorra. Amazed at how much I missed first time around, it was even better this time. Just about to start True Detective #1 as I can't find much current that sparks my interest.

14 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I've got the dreaded Rona, so been laying up since Wednesday which has allowed me to re-visit Gomorra. Amazed at how much I missed first time around, it was even better this time. Just about to start True Detective #1 as I can't find much current that sparks my interest.

Two of the best series ever. True Detective 1 is some of the best writing ever.  

Finished series 1 of Kin.

Can see the comparisons to Gomorrah but it's not at the level. Very good though,  feels quite authentic and is engrossing.

38 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Two of the best series ever. True Detective 1 is some of the best writing ever.  

Finished series 1 of Kin.

Can see the comparisons to Gomorrah but it's not at the level. Very good though,  feels quite authentic and is engrossing.

I liked Kin, the second series more than the first, but I agree with your appraisal. All very subjective though, as we all like different things. I think my top 5 in the crime genre would be True Detective #1, The Wire, The Sopranos, Gomorra and Oz, though I'd probably say something quite different on another day. 

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I liked Kin, the second series more than the first, but I agree with your appraisal. All very subjective though, as we all like different things. I think my top 5 in the crime genre would be True Detective #1, The Wire, The Sopranos, Gomorra and Oz, though I'd probably say something quite different on another day. 

Seen all 5... loved all 5.

Not sure there would be much to change even on a different day.

35 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not seen Oz but definitely go with the other 4 and would add Spiral to that list.