Watchable telly

dog

On 21/08/2023 at 13:06, Mostyn6 said:

make sure you get them in the correct order. I think on Netflix, the order is not correct.

Started watching thinking the series was the most recent but it's Series 1 - but now hooked and see I've something like 26 episodes to catch up on.

What is the correct order please, as per the Netflix numbering?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Started watching thinking the series was the most recent but it's Series 1 - but now hooked and see I've something like 26 episodes to catch up on.

Not sure how you're viewing them, but these are the released dates for each series so you can check the order:

Season 1 - 2011 release

Season 2 - 2013 release

Season 3 - 2019 release

Season 4 - 2022 release

Season 5 - 2023 release

9 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I fell into the trap and watched them out of order.

As @Comrade 86 says above those are thr release dates. 

If it helps, series 1 and 2 are called Top boy- summerhouse. I think channel 4 produced them.

Netflix used to have them listed separately from their own production of Top boy, series 3 to 5, I'd like to think they are all under the 1 banner nowadays. 

On 21/04/2023 at 16:02, Bob The Badger said:

I knew it was shot on film but I had no clue that was shot as one scene. A great job.

Have you ever seen the movie, Boiling Point with Stephen Graham? That entire film was shot in one go at the third attempt and I thought it was brilliant 

Cycled through this thread and watched boiling point yesterday. I kept skipping by it on Netflix and always been half tempted just for Stephen Graham

Thank you for tipping me over the edge with this recommendation. I really enjoyed it. 

The Sopranos. A mob tv series that some of you may have heard of. 

Decided to give it a go and it's rather splendid even 20 years on.

I have nfc why we've not watched this previously but powered through season one. Now the tough decision is whether to keep going or do the last season of Top Boy. 

it's a bit like having Roy McFarland fit again when Peter Daniel is playing out of his skin. Tough call.  

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have nfc why we've not watched this previously but powered through season one. Now the tough decision is whether to keep going or do the last season of Top Boy. 

it's a bit like having Roy McFarland fit again when Peter Daniel is playing out of his skin. Tough call.  

The Sopranos is up there with The Wire for me in terms of US crime shows. I think the writers really loved the characters they created. It's great.

Just on Top Boy 5 now myself, so will keep schtum as no doubt a fair few others are too.

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

The Sopranos is up there with The Wire for me in terms of US crime shows. I think the writers really loved the characters they created. It's great.

Just on Top Boy 5 now myself, so will keep schtum as no doubt a fair few others are too.

Weirdly, I just couldn't really gel with The Sopranos.  I have just watched Boardwalk Empire though, having never bothered, and really enjoyed it. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Weirdly, I just couldn't really gel with The Sopranos.  I have just watched Boardwalk Empire though, having never bothered, and really enjoyed it. 

No one thing works for everyone, so it's not really weird. I couldn't get into Game of Thrones, but that had a huge following.

I liked Boardwalk Empire too, but for me, The Sopranos was different gravy.

17 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I actually compared it to The Wire last night when talking with a friend. It took me about a decade to get to that too. And I only started watching Broken Bad when the last season started and The Newsrook this summer.

I'm hardly cutting edge.

Considering The Sweeney next. I hear good things.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Who has watched Murders in the Building?

We don't have Disney but there's a £1.99 per month offer and Mrs Badger wants to watch that and it seems to get good reviews.

Still got about 50 episodes of The Sopranos and Top Boy to go at, but it may make an interesting interlude. 

It's certainly be a change of pace to The Sopranos and Top Boy 😀

14 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Who has watched Murders in the Building?

We don't have Disney but there's a £1.99 per month offer and Mrs Badger wants to watch that and it seems to get good reviews.

Still got about 50 episodes of The Sopranos and Top Boy to go at, but it may make an interesting interlude. 

I have enjoyed s1 and 2. Quirky, clever dialogue and topical. The celeb cameos are fun too.

Currently watching s3 and it's a bit meh sadly.

On 11/09/2023 at 21:59, Bob The Badger said:

Go with sopranos Bob , top boy is ok but a bit of a poor man’s the wire 

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Top Boy is in my top 5 series of all time, along with The Wire, Gomorrah, Spiral and Breaking Bad.

The wire and gomorrah I love , same as yourself easily on top of my list . Not seen spiral ? Breaking bad was ok but a bit over rated in my view , justified is right up there for me  , the character Boyd crowder is a masterpiece in writing and acting by Walton goggins, right up there with Omar from the wire ,

goggins was in the shield too which is well worth a watch 

ps , I read the factual book on gomorrah which was great read

Edited by Archied