Vs Middlesbrough (home). Matchday thread.

Rev

34 minutes ago, Sayer97 said:

Huge thank you for the tickets today boss, me and the step dad had a great time!!! 

Also no we didn't chose MOTM, was Tomori all day for me haha

Come on then.....tell us all about it.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Come on then.....tell us all about it.

Was class, sit down meal and wine then taken up to the comfy padded seats haha

Met Marriott at the end of the match too which was great, said that his shin hurt and thought it should have been a red for that challenge

2 hours ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Look I love Nuge I love his enthusiasm, style and his overall character. However, after missing ample opportunities to prove himself in the squad he has fault to do so and costs us big games. If those balls fell to an in form, young hungry striker (Jack Marriott) he would of buried it. I just feel these players Nuge, Bryson etc have had their day and no longer have the quality to deliver at Derby.

No one is arguing that Nuge and Bryson are past their prime but if you go back to early season and look at the plaudits they were both getting then writing them off on the basis of 2 missed chances as a sub, or a couple of sub par performances is pretty crude and simplistic. I guess you are the type of fan that boos if all isn’t going well at half time. Up to you “mate” you pay for your ticket, but in my pantheon of what is a fan or what defines “support “ that scores a big fat zero. 

interesting also that you chose to point out my earlier typo and there you are with “he has fault to do so” .. and bless your cotton socks that precious gem “could of” ... pssst just so you know for the future ... “ of”isn't the tense of any verb could “of” makes no sense whatsoever. Of is a preposition defining something as a part of something else, or it’s relationship to the whole. Have is a verb. You can’t “of”anything. 

Weird match really. Take a point, won’t be this result that costs us, it’ll be other home games if we do miss out. Wisdom and Tomori tremendous. We improved massively after the rather poor Evans was removed and the brilliant Holmes took his place. Would have beaten them had Duane been on longer imo, needs to play more as he’s a massive talent.

We look like the back end of nigel cloughs side imo. Talent, but too thick to use it properly because we keep panicking too much and launching it rather than playing our game. Not clinical enough and we don’t put teams to bed enough, but we’re not far away from being a great team. If we learnt how to defend a cross and started putting in 90 minute performances we’d be right up there. Maybe a signing may hold the key like it did Fulham?

44 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Weird match really. Take a point, won’t be this result that costs us, it’ll be other home games if we do miss out. Wisdom and Tomori tremendous. We improved massively after the rather poor Evans was removed and the brilliant Holmes took his place. Would have beaten them had Duane been on longer imo, needs to play more as he’s a massive talent.

We look like the back end of nigel cloughs side imo. Talent, but too thick to use it properly because we keep panicking too much and launching it rather than playing our game. Not clinical enough and we don’t put teams to bed enough, but we’re not far away from being a great team. If we learnt how to defend a cross and started putting in 90 minute performances we’d be right up there. Maybe a signing may hold the key like it did Fulham?

I thought Evan was decent, the poor ones in my opinion were Huddlestone , Jozefoon ,and Bogle.

6 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I thought Evan was decent, the poor ones in my opinion were Huddlestone , Jozefoon ,and Bogle.

Thought Evans played into their hands with too many chipped balls conceding possesion. Agree Huddlestone looked lost to start with but grew into the game when Evans went off and he could resume his normal role. Josefzoon had one of his better games imo, particulary at the start tho continues to infuriate at times. Bogle again similar to his normal performances, great on the ball and a real talent, but can’t stop a cross, and indeed can’t cross himself. But he’s 18. He’ll learn.

4 hours ago, jono said:

Of course the boy genius has never made a typo.

. Your comment was pathetic. Ok so Nugent is now an impact sub and his days are numbered, yes he has fluffed 2 chances but so have others, you only have to look at our goals per game to know that. Nuge is also a pretty good leader and even if his efforts aren’t going in the net then he is making opportunities for others. You are typical of the short sighted minority; too quick to jump on the back of a player because of a couple of errors. I don’t rate that kind of attitude as support and, while you might class it as an opinion, I don’t. It’s a destructive comment that adds nothing to intelligent debate. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

No one is arguing that Nuge and Bryson are past their prime but if you go back to early season and look at the plaudits they were both getting then writing them off on the basis of 2 missed chances as a sub, or a couple of sub par performances is pretty crude and simplistic. I guess you are the type of fan that boos if all isn’t going well at half time. Up to you “mate” you pay for your ticket, but in my pantheon of what is a fan or what defines “support “ that scores a big fat zero. 

interesting also that you chose to point out my earlier typo and there you are with “he has fault to do so” .. and bless your cotton socks that precious gem “could of” ... pssst just so you know for the future ... “ of”isn't the tense of any verb could “of” makes no sense whatsoever. Of is a preposition defining something as a part of something else, or it’s relationship to the whole. Have is a verb. You can’t “of”anything. 

You ok?

6 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think it's generally agreed that since Wisdom joined us his strength was very much the defensive side of his game, aerial ability and powerful in the tackle but was often found wanting in the top 3rd of the pitch. I can only recall his cross at Barnsley onto Martins' head as being a quality delivery.

Today, particularly in the 2nd half was a real eye opener, playing little triangles with Holmes and surges down the left then putting in inviting crosses - the one for Nugent was a sitter - and he reminded me very much of the Fozzy of 3 or 4 years ago. 

Having brought Lowe back it seems logical that he slots into the LB role with Wisdom replacing Bogle at RB. That's not a criticism of young Bogle who's done brilliantly for his first season but maybe it's time to give the lad a rest for a while. We can maintain an attacking threat from fullback but mostly down our left flank rather than our right.

Easy this management game innit.

Bogle doesn't need a rest he just needs simpletons to get off his back.

Take a look at the stats for recent games (and bar Sheffield) he has had more touches than any other player.

He never hides or shirks responsibility, just gets on with it, inevitably with some misplaced passes or wrong decisions.

He is one of ours needs appreciating (whilst he is still with us).

10 hours ago, RedSmog said:

Expecting your lot to dominate and put us to the sword, especially after taking the lead 

Hate to watch your lot every week ? 

Understand your point completely. Why would you want to watch a team try and play pass and move footy when you can ogle a bunch of shithouse cloggers managed by the arch proponent of shithouse football and all in the ultimate shithouse city too? You lucky, lucky bar steward...

8 hours ago, jono said:

Well you have completely lost me.. 

6 hours ago, Lambchop said:

You ok?

Jono is one of our finest, in my humble, but I wondered if he was ok too, normally a little more reserved. Let’s be avin’ ya Jono..... oh sorry my Norwich memories linger a little longer. 

Wisdom was huge pleasant surprise for much of the game, and even put in a couple of good balls in the second half with his left peg.

Duane Holmes impressed again, his ability to be positive and drive forward whenever he gets the ball can really change the flow of a game.

The Bogle criticism is beyond tiring at this point.

Evans gave us more movement in midfield which was pretty good at times. His mobility is much greater than Huddlestone.

Nugent can get in the bin though, 4 points his absolute sitters have cost us in the last 2 games. Not having the ability to throw someone viable on or change it from Marriott will cost us and we absolutely need another striker.

We struggle with big lump strikers, and have done so now against Villa (albeit an athletic one), Bristol and now Boro in recent home games. Need to figure this out fast.

It was a game of four quarters - good spell, bad spell, bad spell, good spell so I suppose a draw was a fair result.

As others have said, Holmes was a breath of fresh air and ought to start in place of Flo Jo in the next league game.

Wisdom carried on his good form from the Norwich game and centre backs were decent. No one played badly IMO.

Just glad there weren't more injuries against a typical Pulis thug team. In a few short minutes, we had Wilson, Waghorn, Marriott and Keogh battered.

We’re in the top six at new year with 26 games played. No great highs (Norwich excepted) and no great lows.

Unexceptional and a little pedestrian at times but maintaining a pretty good record generally.

Keep this up and we’re in the playoffs .....again!

Can’t see us making the top two but I reckon that we’re good enough for a mid Premiership finish next season and to keep our management team happy.

Onwards and upwards.

Didn't see the game so can't really comment on the performance other than to say it's really good to hear that Andre is showing some good form again. Was really excited when we re-signed him as I thought he was excellent in his first spell at the club. This season in particular though, he's been looked strangely out of sorts. Apparently back in good form now, if reports are accurate and this despite being played out of position, so chuffed to hear it. The timing couldn't be better! 

Archived