Vs Middlesbrough (home). Matchday thread.

Rev

I continue to feel blessed that I've never supported a Tony Pulis side.

Also, Duane Holmes is our best midfielder. 

Happy New Year to you all, see you next game.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats disappinting 

Not the lads or their efforts i thought we played well today & played well last time we played boro & deserved a win.

Just dissapointing we’ve been pulis’d out of three points on both occasions by an anti football, club shop wearing nonce... any man in their 60s dressing like that wants investigating by yewtree & adding to a register   

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

A draw against Boro isn't the end of the world, but it's so frustrating the number of times we've followed a brilliant performance with one that's so flat and slow. Really wish we'd start trying to block crosses from coming in too 

Which justifies our league position

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

A draw against Boro isn't the end of the world, but it's so frustrating the number of times we've followed a brilliant performance with one that's so flat and slow. Really wish we'd start trying to block crosses from coming in too 

How haven’t we learnt how to stop a cross yet? Every single game we are conceding from a simple mistake

Just now, G-Ram said:

Thats disappinting 

Not the lads or their efforts i thought we played well today & played well last time we played boro & deserved a win.

Just dissapointing we’ve been pulis’d out of three points on both occasions by an anti football, club shop wearing nonce... any man in their 60s dressing like that wants investigating by yewtree & adding to a register   

You may want to read the last paragraph back, bit strong 

Full time 1-1.

Other than a 5-10 minute spell, Boro didn't really offer an awful lot so it's quite disappointing that we didn't manage to get three points there. In terms of other results, we've not lost any ground on the top two and we're still four clear of 7th. If we can get through the Leeds game unbeaten then it would be a decent enough return from 4 very hard league games.

My man of the match today was Wisdom, thought he did really well at left back and offers more reassurance that we might be able to make do with Wisdom, Lowe and then Malone (when he's back) to cover that area.

Duane Holmes was brilliant, he changed the game and ended Boro's little spell after their goal. We controlled the game from there and it was only us looking to get the winner, and Holmes was at the centre of that. I think he deserves more of a chance because he looks like a very talented player.

Going forward to the Southampton game, I'd quite like to start Waghorn in Marriott's place up top. Marriott took a knock in the first half and still looked like he was feeling it come the end of the game. We brought Nugent on who doesn't seem the same player this season, so we don't really have a strong option behind Marriott as a striker. It'll be worth seeing if Waghorn can be that second-choice striker as well as playing on the wing, or will we need to go shopping this month?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

One all probably fair, but we did give it a good go at the end, stood up to a pulis team, lots of the top six lost or dropped points.

Frustrating opportunity missed but nothing to feel downhearted about.

Stoke lost.

Leeds lost.

West beom lost.

That’s what hurts the most wasted opportunity! Boro are a good side though 

Seriously how can anyone support a team that plays such awful flair free hoof ball like Boro? I feel sorry for them, I really do.

Frustrating that yet again we can’t find a way of beating dreadful anti-football sides but it could turn out to be a useful point what with the other results today. 

And Stoke lost again so at least one of the two dinosaur managers in this division will be losing his job soon! 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Which justifies our league position

I think it would justify our league position if we were in mid table maybe, but for a team in the play offs I'd personally hope we'd be able to string a few good runs here and there in which not only are the results good, but the performances also. Some might disagree, but in my opinion we've put in 1, maybe 2 good performances since early November time. Every week the players get onto social media and say something like, 'not at our best but a decent result. We must improve for next week,' and they rarely seem to do so

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I think it would justify our league position if we were in mid table maybe, but for a team in the play offs I'd personally hope we'd be able to string a few good runs here and there in which not only are the results good, but the performances also. Some might disagree, but in my opinion we've put in 1, maybe 2 good performances since early November time. Every week the players get onto social media and say something like, 'not at our best but a decent result. We must improve for next week,' and they rarely seem to do so

Totally concur. Our lack of consistency is very worrying and doesn't show any immediate signs of being halted. 

Archived